It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists get the green light to resurrect the dead

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Ummm. I wonder how much of the old person's memories and personality will exist after this procedure? Will they have depersonalization disorders? Will they be more zombie like than human? Will we be able to trust these people anymore or will they have lost their conscience and be evil?

It may go the other way too, maybe they will turn into holy hoppers and get on everyone's nerves and be overly obsessed with god, which is not necessary to be a good person.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I'm confused as to why people are saying they would come back with different memories and personality. How would they suddenly develop a new personality? Can you give an example of how you think the new personality would be different? Where would new memories come from? Genuinely curious as more than one person has mentioned this. I'd like to know what you think!

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

You wouldn't come back with new "memories". More like a blank slate, completely brain dead, or perhaps even more likely that scene from Re-Animator I posted.
edit on 9-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

EH.
Wonderful, I guess.
Go science.

My Mister Coffee resurrects me every morning already.

Cheers for next level Science.

P.S.

I want a stipulation they only resurrect me on nice sunny days with other mild mannered sane, rational and logical people.

Everyone else can stay dead those days.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
'Brain dead' means the persons brain is dead, as soon as oxygen is not present the brain starts to decay, so, I don't think so...

No. It means the brain isn't working, but if the body is still alive, oxygen is still flowing in the brain. The body is still breathing and the heart is still beating. Technically, it might be possible to restart the brain. The issue is whether the occupant is still around. For the scientists, there is no occupant since they believe consciousness is all physical, so you can see why they think they may be able to do it. That would be one hell of an NDE, that's for sure.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It would be cool if they came back as blank slates or like a baby, in an adults body. Having to teach the formerly deceased how to crawl, walk, use the potty, ABCs, read, write... could make a fortune on resurrection education!

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'm busy wrapping ball bats with barbed wire. Because if it all goes south, I'm That Guy.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Ah, depending on your belief. Hence why I wondered about the "soul" question.

Personally, I think your soul, is like the "cloud" storage. You are still you, with your memories and all that makes you, you when you die. So in that respect, I think your body would then become a blank slate.
What I wonder, is what if someone else took over your body, if they are going to "reanimate" it? Or what if no soul does? Do you need a soul in the body for the brain to work?

So many fascinating questions, so many possibly scary answers?
edit on 9-3-2017 by chiefsmom because: spelling as usual

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
I'm busy wrapping ball bats with barbed wire. Because if it all goes south, I'm That Guy.

And this is why I maintain an arsenal and practice the fine art of Krav Maga!

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I think the soul might be an aspect of consciousness, which if these Scientists are correct in their theory, "jump starting" the electrical activity may entice the consciousness back into the body, assuming of course, they "want" to come back.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Scorpiogurl

You can be in my posse.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

The problem is, we already know the brain suffers irreparable damage after less than 10 minutes without proper blood / oxygen flow.

We also know that "people" with but damage to little tiny specific portions of their brains can have dramatic permanent personality changes.

Split personality disorders also create some interesting paradox' where souls are concerned.

Last but not least, thanks to MKULTRA we know its possible with psychedelic cocktails + tons of electroshock treatments to completely erase a persons 'mind'.

How the soul figures into all of these kinds of facts I'll leave that up to you, but in this topic it would seem that unless they're somehow keeping the brain 'alive' via blood & oxygen then the 'soul' would most likely leave the 'body'?

edit on 9-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I hope when they wake up they are ravenous and contagious.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
@ IB
How the soul figures into all of these kinds of facts I'll leave that up to you, but in this topic it would seem that unless they're somehow keeping the brain 'alive' via blood & oxygen then the 'soul' would most likely leave the 'body'?

Actually, that question brings on many more fascinating questions, at least to me. What if you soul wants to leave, and because they are keeping the brain "alive" it becomes trapped. What if they keep it alive, and your soul leaves anyway?

I love this topic, but it also scares me!
edit on 9-3-2017 by chiefsmom because: fixing quote?

edit on 9-3-2017 by chiefsmom because: ugggg

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Do you still have rights when you come back from being Officially dead? Or do they have to undergo testing against their will?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
a reply to: rickymouse

I'm confused as to why people are saying they would come back with different memories and personality. How would they suddenly develop a new personality? Can you give an example of how you think the new personality would be different? Where would new memories come from? Genuinely curious as more than one person has mentioned this. I'd like to know what you think!

The ways memories are stored in the brain is that there are little folded proteins similar to antigens attached to neurons and cells and if you start making new neurons they might not have those memories on them. The person may come back as just a child or they may not have appropriate information on those new neurons. I am sure that if it works those people will be held at that hospital or research institute for a year or more before being released. If you have a stroke, sometimes you wind up with partial information in the brain, that is why they often retrain people to do a new profession. The information in the brain can be distorted and a person can't figure out why everything is going wrong when they return to work. Because the people can't comprehend that their memories are messed up, they think nothing is wrong. But there is something wrong, they just cannot see it themselves. This happens in people who use drugs too or people taking medicines that they can't detox.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

These are not corpses out of the cemetery... it's people on life support. It's been mentioned more than once.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Scorpiogurl

Yeah a temper tantrum from a 6'2, 220 lb , child would be tons of fun....

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

What if no soul inhabits the body? It could be possible I suppose. Person is brain-dead, soul goes onto the next stage. Meat puppet comes back to life, but soulless. Think of the implications. There's a book with movie rights in this one.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Never thought I'd see the day when walking dead zombies would be on the verge of reality.

We need a check box on the back of our driver's licenses for cremation upon clinical brain death.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join