It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists get the green light to resurrect the dead

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

Amen

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
@ IB
How the soul figures into all of these kinds of facts I'll leave that up to you, but in this topic it would seem that unless they're somehow keeping the brain 'alive' via blood & oxygen then the 'soul' would most likely leave the 'body'?

Actually, that question brings on many more fascinating questions, at least to me. What if you soul wants to leave, and because they are keeping the brain "alive" it becomes trapped. What if they keep it alive, and your soul leaves anyway?

I love this topic, but it also scares me!

yes fascinating...
My at first guess is that if they are keeping the brain alive...then the soul cannot leave? It is trapped?

To me, that is why life-support is so sad...trapping the soul, keeping it from moving on.
But also...you can keep a body alive long enough and boom...they wake up, or there is a cure to their sickness...

hmmmm...

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
But what happens when the body dies but the brain is still alive? That's gross-and bizarre. Do these "scientists" have all these consequences answered?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I cannot help but believe they will not be the same when/if they come back, considering even a simple concussion can cause personality changes.

I've seen first hand how much a serious brain injury changes a personality, I can't imagine how much of the original person would be lost after brain death and consequent reanimation...

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

@ IB
How the soul figures into all of these kinds of facts I'll leave that up to you, but in this topic it would seem that unless they're somehow keeping the brain 'alive' via blood & oxygen then the 'soul' would most likely leave the 'body'?

Actually, that question brings on many more fascinating questions, at least to me. What if you soul wants to leave, and because they are keeping the brain "alive" it becomes trapped. What if they keep it alive, and your soul leaves anyway?

yes fascinating...
My at first guess is that if they are keeping the brain alive...then the soul cannot leave? It is trapped?

To me, that is why life-support is so sad...trapping the soul, keeping it from moving on.
But also...you can keep a body alive long enough and boom...they wake up, or there is a cure to their sickness...

hmmmm...

BELOW LINE IS MY POST_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Metallica had a song and music video about this if i remember. Boy comes back from the war,and lost his legs,arms,and eyes,ears and use of his mouth too. essentially dead and unable to move on due to life support.
edit on 17000000pppm by yuppa because: weird glitch making it look unquoted

edit on 17000000pppm by yuppa because: STUPID GLITCH

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
And this is how zombpocalypses start.

Seriously though, very cool stuff!

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Soul-less vessels for demons people... worse than zombies! Im going to have to swallow the bile and get my ammo blessed by some creepy guy in robes. I might even order some magic underwear. Do I wear my good bra under or over the garment? In the apocalypse I might look like a bum on the outside, but you can bet I have a couple hundred in lingerie UNDER the tattered camo and boots.

On a serious note.. Id try it. Ive seen several docus on people who were declared dead and awoke.. I posted in a thread a coupla yrs ago about one who was "dead" a very long time.... including no brain activity. Awoke and was intact mentally. The guy who awoke decades after being in a coma with little brain activity.. he was also mentlly intact although his body was trashed and muscles atrophied. Id think they have a very narrow criteria for the candidates they will try this with.. no one likes failure. The best candidates would obviously be chosen... and I bet you there will be success. Brain injuries are weird things. Ive seen some things.. let me tell you... horrors , but somehow the poeple survive and the brain rerouts. Much like in cases of catastrophic strokes where people rerout.. the brain doent heal, it finds a new path. With te stem cells and etc.. it will enable the brain to find a new path. This isnt the horror show folks are envisioning, its wonderful.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
One more reason to have a living will stating do not revive , no life support .
Along with why want cremated and scattered to the winds .
Would be mad as hell if got brought back to continue dealing with human stupidity .

After reading your post and then reading your name, I know exactly what you would rather be doing

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I had a dream last night that thomas jefferson had been resurrected. Woke up to find this thread. Dont.....really...know. Lol.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
But what happens when the body dies but the brain is still alive? That's gross-and bizarre. Do these "scientists" have all these consequences answered?

That's normal and what happens most of the time. The body takes a mortal hit--anything from a heart attack, cancer, other disease, or other trauma first. And the brain follows after.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

What if the person that originally occupied that body, doesn't want to come back? What happens if someone else comes back?

I've already seen this movie. You start off with cats, and pretty soon it's your wife and kids.

Sometimes, dead is better.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

This is not literal resurrection through science because they are still alive, there brain's are non functional and in some cases they have spinal damage all of which I have no doubt stem cell therapy CAN repair (But there cell's are alive).

What beg's the question for me though is how and why has this taken so long and in fact these patient's should not be declared dead but in a state of terminal life support, to all intent's and purposes they are in a persistent vegetative state from which they could not normally recover without medical intervention.

This technique is that intervention.

What is interesting though is the consequence to there mind's, how many of them will retain there former identity's and how many will have to learn all again.

It is wonderful for there family but maybe not for there executor's and if successful will have to cause a redefinition in the terminology used by the court's and hospitals as to what constitutes death which for me has always meant total cellular entropy not just nerve damage or partial shut down.

Some of these patient's or at least some billionaire somewhere whom has ordered he be kept on life support as long as he can regardless will have a very interesting time in the court's retrieving there property because often such a deceleration of death is as we see here when in all common sense we all know that a successful stem cell seeding WILL repair and regrow the damaged area's is therefore a wrong declaration.

Now when they can bring a dead corpse in a state of total cellular entropy back from the dead that will be resurrection and only then - of that body.

edit on 9-3-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I don't think I like this.

Is Ted Williams still chilling?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

Some wiseass probably already has plans to clone the body and reinsert the brain or some other sort of Frankensteinian madness. I probably shouldn't have said that, might give 'em "ideas".

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

@ IB

yes fascinating...

hmmmm...

Hundreds of thousands of accounts seem to point to the fact in these radical states like coma, cardiac arrest, etc., the soul remembers immediately how to travel interdimensionally and goes somewhere in the meantime cuz people with absolutely zero brain activity for weeks months or more are always coming back saying, "are you kidding not a single blip? Cuz I just spent what felt like ages in an incredible place more vivid than imaginable." (or hell more frightening than imaginable) but its hard to attribute that to anything physiologically when we cant detect the brain even functioning at primative levels.
edit on 3/10/2017 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

What if the person that originally occupied that body, doesn't want to come back? What happens if someone else comes back?

I've already seen this movie. You start off with cats, and pretty soon it's your wife and kids.

Sometimes, dead is better.

Me too.I don't wanna be buried in pet cemetery!

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

In these cases that the OP states, i think they are on life-support...which means their soul has traveled off somewhere.

They MUST be stuck and not know it. I have heard of people coming back and being better people bc of it.

If this new stem cell technology can bring back people from life support...then this is a wonderful find.

I consider life support different from dead.

This is great for those on life-support...however...i can see this going further...like the movie Flatliners.

In the movie it was bad, but would it be so bad if we learned a way to travel to other dimensions via assisted suicide when we know we will be brought back to life with great amounts of material?

Ive always thought our lives on earth are way too short to really learn anything about the universe and that we need a way to travel to figure out more about ourselves.

If we can get this stem cell assisted suicide practice down to a science with very little risk of dying, then why not travel and come back a better person?
edit on 10-3-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

this is why i want to be frozen after I die.

i had to log in just to tell you how dumb that sounds!
you do know they can just thaw you out and resurrect you right? jesus christ dude.
edit on 10-3-2017 by JourneymanWelder because: words

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder
Sorry I seem so"dumb" to you

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Like Victor Pascow said, "That barrier was not meant to be crossed. The ground is sour."

We all know how those people turned out.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join