It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a poetry forum, now more than ever!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

I certainly applaud your efforts and appreciate your voice for those of us without one.

I agree it may inspire and bring some shy-er folks out of the shadows and willing to put their thoughts and notions out there.

I'll be watching and hopeful for you.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Just gonna put this in its own little comment...

Poetry can change the world and deserves its own forum for the potential which it has to inspire and increase in creativity, positivity, and fellowship, in addition to being highly enjoyable.
edit on 8-3-2017 by LucidWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Ummm...not going to happen...ATS is two dimensional...

For that to happen you would need a third dimension...depth...

Also...as TN Mockingbird stated...that fiasco of trying to relegate poets to a single thread was a major slap in the face...Most poets got the message... either left the site...or just decided that something not wanted...wasn't worth the effort to share...

Then...others that used to share their work there...now relegate themselves to shallow one liners...or halfhearted attempts at humor...

It's like the color went out of the world...majesty left the building...all that remains are shades of mud...and the pit...

YouSir
edit on 8-3-2017 by YouSir because: there was simply too much space...

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: daniel2sxc

i think that was poetry o_O

Well, you were wrong. Off to the reeducation camp, your thoughts are broken!

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Depth in online communication happens as a connection between two people through words. exactly one thing that a dedicated poetry forum would do wonders, nay miracles for.

I had not been aware of this fiasco... What was the official reasoning for trying to relegate the poetry to a single thread, instead of opening up a forum seeing as how the short stories was getting (apparently) swamped? I can see why many left...

Do you hear me, moderators?

Yes, you, lurking there. Maintaining 'strict editorial agnosticism'

We Need a poetry forum. Why?
Because poetry is some of the most successful communication known to man. It is a time honoured tradition that existed before the written word. All the great stories of old were told in song. There are great stories waiting to happen today, of only you would just open the floodgates and give us the scene.

The winds of change, can you feel them? I can, that is what moves me to write this. If not here, than elsewhere. But goldarnit, ATS is my home, like many others. A sense of comraderie in our journeys for truth and self. Knowledge and intellectualism run this site. For The most part anyway. ATS has the basis, the following, and the standing to be an excellent stage for ever greater things and believe that poetry could be the vehicle.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Just thought

All the great stories

stories

prob thats y XD
edit on 9-3-2017 by daniel2sxc because: empthasis

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: daniel2sxc

Probably, man. Also, I didn't mean to get harsh with you.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

all g i thought i was being funny indeed to draw a reaction lol

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: kibric

"Hear, hear" ?

You're a poet,
and you don't know it!

kind regards,

bally

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

But how do you know he didn't know?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

I dunno,

I just dunno.

bally

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

You are right. There should be one. The one thread just buries it.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
My personal opinion is that a lot of poetry is over rated. Not that I would know a lot about poetry. I feel a lot of people just try to rhyme and then aggrandize the drivel by calling it a poem. Some time ago, I remember poems being posted here with annoying frequency. Until one day all poems got a special place of their own.

It's not a forum but a thread instead.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Poetry should bring forth an emotional response in the reader. It shouldn't overly rhyme or contain cliches. Each poem should strive to express concepts or to tell a story in rythm or express emotions in a new way. It is easy so sort great poetry from the bad and the mediocre.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Most of the poetry in the old poetry forum was pretty bad, and yes there were a lot of threads from it showing up in the New Topics list, but I really don't think it hurt anyone. People complained that this is supposed to be a conspiracy site, but if anything has taken over ATS it's the Left vs Right political feud. That's practically all this site is now. Still, there are forums just for chitchat, pets, entertainment, etc., so what's the difference is some users want to socialize over amateur poetry? Why run those people out of town?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
We have a Member Art forum. Poetry is sort of an art, isn't it?

Then again, we have a cooking forum and there are culinary arts. So, I don't know.

Carry on whilst I argue with myself.

[whilst - that's poetish thing, right? Like whither or hither, which rhyme.]

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I would add that great poetry is such that inspires positive change or creation to occur. Not necessarily that the emotion conveyed be positive, But the knowledge gleaned from it.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MoreInterior

Whoa whoa whoa. Hold up. There USED to be a poetry forum? Why the heck'd it ever get taken down!

What does ATS have against poetry?!

Dost I smell a conspiracy?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

Thanks for chiming in. Yeah typically any of those old words especially the ones that end with st. Like dost hahaha

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Thou dost scoff whence bards proclaim hence?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Yes errollore! I scoff mightily! I scoff at the wide proclamations of those with words in their head that obfuscate the reality of things...

And I scoff at the fact that there is no poetry forum! almost as much as I weep...
edit on 16-3-2017 by LucidWarrior because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join