It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why James Comey Puts Tape Over His Webcam

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Isn't that telling? I wonder if he found that out the hard way. I wonder if somebody in one of those many intelligence agencies we have in this country captured something revealing about him. I wonder if it is still "out there".

My imagination! Sheeesh!

Article April 2016 www.npr.org...

The thought of the FBI chief taping over his webcam is an arresting one for many.

His comment Wednesday (which is around the 1:34:45 mark in this video) was in response to a question about growing public awareness of the ways technology can spy on people, and he acknowledged sharing in the surveillance anxiety.

"I saw something in the news, so I copied it. I put a piece of tape — I have obviously a laptop, personal laptop — I put a piece of tape over the camera. Because I saw somebody smarter than I am had a piece of tape over their camera."

So, there you have it! Our very own FBI Director saw it in the news!

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords
Comey seems to be playing both sides against the other. He should be worried.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I do this occasionally too.

Also if you have a Smart TV there is a camera facing outwards inside.

Be aware.
But there is no point being paranoid about it.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Be aware.

Agreed. But, what do you think about James Comey's claim that he heard it on the news? What do you think about the gist of the OP?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Leverage over the Director of the FBI goes all the way back to people blackmailing J. Edgar and his cross dressing proclivities with secretly taken photos. It's the nature of the game at that level. They are all predators and opportunist's and those at the very top love having good blackmail material over their peers. It's no surprise that surveillance technology would be used against those in power by others seeking to exploit that power.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I remember seeing a picture of Mark Zuckerberg at his desk at Facebook HQ, a laptop was in the background with a piece of tape over the camera too.
These people know things that the public is not aware of, well...that is until Wikileaks release yesterday.
But I am sure a lot people already knew about the kind of surveillance that the spooks were capable of though.
edit on 8-3-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

So, there you have it! Our very own FBI Director saw it in the news!

Without knowing what the news story was specifically about, his comment has no context.

I put tape over my camera because I see people at work all the time hitting their video button during conferences on accident and share what they are doing with hundreds of people
I don't want to be "that guy"

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Be aware.

Agreed. But, what do you think about James Comey's claim that he heard it on the news? What do you think about the gist of the OP?

To be honest I don't know why he needed to hear it on the news.

It's pretty much a given that the latest technology is ripe for hacking and laptop/PC/Mac cameras are a prime example of that.

No doubt they (IC) have intel on him if he was delayed in covering his camera...
& it will probably be used against him in the future if it's not already being used against him now.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

He Does Not Want Old European Ladies to see him in his Pajamas ?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Perhaps he should also...

1. disable the mic device on his laptop (or best to just disable the network device)
2. get rid of 'secure' smartphone
3. switch to analog TV

...for starters.
edit on 8-3-2017 by Op3nM1nd3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

That's too funny! Look at the old gal on the left!

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

thepeoplescube.com...

Funny #e........LOL

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The big question is did he replace his "smart" electric meter too ?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

thepeoplescube.com...

Funny #e........LOL

That site is Deluxe.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Its this a joke? I can now see all government computers with tapes over the cam.

That's priceless.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

To be honest I don't know why he needed to hear it on the news.

Plausible deniability!

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hmm...

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
My TV doesn't have a camera, and I do not have cable. The TV is not smart at all, it is a Plasma, not a digital.

My computer does not have a webcam and when I bought the monitor I checked it out to see if it had a camera in it. No camera, at least none listed anywhere. No microphone on the computer either, and I have all the software for the camera and mike turned off so it will not interfere with speed on the computer. I shut off most of the stuff in Windows that I do not use, but Cortana seems to be activated after they update my computer, I have to go check on it and other off apps after it is restarted. Somehow just checking on the settings and saving the settings again seems to speed up the computer, evidently the stuff is silently activated after the computer is updated and remains activated till you go save your choices again.

Tricky bastards, but at least they can hide Cortana opening and some other apps obviously running. Ccleaner picks up the problem and deletes some of the problems after saving your settings again. I am not sure all of what is running and active, I just know they are loading and that shows up in startup.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Well he has only just caught up then, because we have been advised and advising members to do exactly that, since I have been a member here.

It seems like all of the alphabet agencies are at cyber war.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I put scotch tape over mine. People can still see me, but it eliminates the wrinkles and age spots pretty well.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join