It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's first full month in office brings massive employment boom as U.S.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: veracity

I don't think it is delusional to think businesses would like a better health care option.

I also think that Trump is going to be better for business, but I really hope he is going to better for workers.

Are you under the impression that HRC is better to eliminate regs and make for a better environment for business?

I think the economy would have surged regardless of who got elected and before either them have enacted any economic policy. It was already doing better than it had ever done before and its momentum was EASILY predictable to carryover into the next Presidency.
edit on 8-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: StallionDuck

Like this: Dow Jones industrial average last 10 years.

You're just looking at a picture and seeing charts and saying "ooohh.. it's tall and it keeps going up" without actually looking at the charts and comparing.

There are a couple of key charts in there.

Stock market performance... Under BO, horrible!

The DJ 10 year, the very same one you sent me, shows that it tanked on OBs watch.

When was he in office?

January 20, 2009

When did it tank?

March 09.

When did it start?

I'll be fair and say Sept 17th 09.

"Oh but it was going down during bush....."

Ask yourself... When was it pretty much known that Obama was in the lead to win that election?

You also might notice that it didn't pick up where it was at the end of Bush's terms until almost 2014!!! It took 6 years!

But but but... bush! Look back further. Bush picked up those numbers leaps and bounds once clinton was out of office so you can't credit any of that crap to clinton.

Now.. If you want to compare even more. The DJ YTD performance was at -1.5 (yep, thats a negative) under obama when he gave the reigns to Trump. The next day, what happened? up... up... up... still going up... up now 6 (nope... not negative).

Now... Let's look at the oilfield. It tanked twice in OBs office. Twice! And hard!

Also, I should add... You're looking at JUST the DJ to estimate your economy. You cant do that. You have to look at a lot of factors. I will also add, unemployment was crap during his term too. No matter what the numbers were showing you, reports were coming out that the real numbers were WAY higher than what was shown as fact.

Sorry man.. OB wasn't a savior.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
You also might notice that it didn't pick up where it was at the end of Bush's terms until almost 2014!!! It took 6 years!

That's because it takes time to climb out of the darkest recession since the Great Depression.

But but but... bush! Look back further. Bush picked up those numbers leaps and bounds once clinton was out of office so you can't credit any of that crap to clinton.

Clinton also left Bush with a budget surplus that he quickly squandered.

PS: You sound like you are desperately trying to deny Obama's contribution to the economy due to bias. You have been proven wrong and are looking more foolish by the post denying that Obama's economy did well.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Nice shift in goal posts but we both know that the post you replied to said that it had been rising during the past 4 years and you had to go to other points to try and save face.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Bush was not a good leader, he handed O a crap sandwich.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
America will be great again and we owe thanks to President Trump for that, not Obama!

Funny how it is never the people who deserve the thanks.

Give thanks to the elite and be glad you're being trickled on?

Exactly, there are plenty of enterprising and ingenious people out there both small and big, and often it's the small that make the day to day little breakthroughs that make life easier, make your car run better or your home systems more efficient and safe and so on...not, a twittering head of state talking about himself, because he says, " he knows words, really good words" because he's been edgymicated.
Besides this thread belongs to where all the crazies are, on Twitter, or the comments sections at the likes of Youtube and similar....NOT HERE!

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

See response to above mentioned post.

- Stocks will always go upward. Even when they crash, they will usually be higher than they were 10..20...30+ years before.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I don't think it is delusional to think businesses would like a better health care option.

I also think that Trump is going to be better for business, but I really hope he is going to better for workers.

Are you under the impression that HRC is better to eliminate regs and make for a better environment for business?

I think the economy would have surged regardless of who got elected and before either them have enacted any economic policy. It was already doing better than it had ever done before and its momentum was EASILY predictable to carryover into the next Presidency.

Obama is the first president in history to never have a 3% GDP growth rate. The true indicator of our nation's economic health is its Gross Domestic Product. Our country has grown economically on average 3.9% per year until the Obama year. Our country's growth only grew year-by-year at 1.48% under Obama.

Obama first president to never have a 3% growth year

Obama first since Hoover not to see 3% GDP

What is GDP?

Measuring GDP is complicated (which is why we leave it to the economists), but at its most basic, the calculation can be done in one of two ways: either by adding up what everyone earned in a year (income approach), or by adding up what everyone spent (expenditure method). Logically, both measures should arrive at roughly the same total.

The income approach, which is sometimes referred to as GDP(I), is calculated by adding up total compensation to employees, gross profits for incorporated and non incorporated firms, and taxes less any subsidies.

The expenditure method is the more common approach and is calculated by adding total consumption, investment, government spending and net exports.

Investopedia

Our country grew over the Obama years at its slowest pace since.... ever!

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

That's because it takes time to climb out of the darkest recession since the Great Depression.

Clinton also left Bush with a budget surplus that he quickly squandered.

PS: You sound like you are desperately trying to deny Obama's contribution to the economy due to bias. You have been proven wrong and are looking more foolish by the post denying that Obama's economy did well.

The GD was in the 30s!!!! It has nothing to do with the current economy or any economy since 1959 when it went above where it was during the crash!

I can't deny something I didn't agree on in the first place. Did you just suddenly forget what happen on his watch that whole 8 years? It didn't do well. It did horrible! You cant just look at a number and say it's a high number without seeing where it started, where it ended and how long it took to get there. You're just looking at a number and focusing on that number. It doesn't work that way. Even if you could, look at the bottom numbers... or was that a fluke NOT worth mentioning on his watch? Or is he only responsible for the good times?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Nice shift in goal posts but we both know that the post you replied to said that it had been rising during the past 4 years and you had to go to other points to try and save face.

Nope... You're wrong. I caught them in order. I don't have all the time you do to respond to posts. I have to work my arse off for a living and respond as I can. You can see that I'm responding in order and as I can.

My points were still... on point. Maybe you're not getting/seeing them, I dont know. Maybe selective reading?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Thank you! Someone who gets it.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

What are you talking about?

Nobody is talking about the order of the posts.

Krazyshot said "the economy has been doing this for the last 4 years"

You said: "Show me"

I posted the chart.

You went back to 2009 which is more than 4 years. then even further back to Bush when that was never the claim made in the post you replied to.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Obama is the first president in history to never have a 3% GDP growth rate. The true indicator of our nation's economic health is its Gross Domestic Product. Our country has grown economically on average 3.9% per year until the Obama year. Our country's growth only grew year-by-year at 1.48% under Obama.

Obama first president to never have a 3% growth year

Obama first since Hoover not to see 3% GDP

What is GDP?

Measuring GDP is complicated (which is why we leave it to the economists), but at its most basic, the calculation can be done in one of two ways: either by adding up what everyone earned in a year (income approach), or by adding up what everyone spent (expenditure method). Logically, both measures should arrive at roughly the same total.

The income approach, which is sometimes referred to as GDP(I), is calculated by adding up total compensation to employees, gross profits for incorporated and non incorporated firms, and taxes less any subsidies.

The expenditure method is the more common approach and is calculated by adding total consumption, investment, government spending and net exports.

Investopedia

Our country grew over the Obama years at its slowest pace since.... ever!

So, how long does take to grow out of a world wide recession brought on by thieving banksters? longer than people with ahem, short term memories then?
BTW, it's no secret either that a lot of other banksters did very well out of the recession, one of them is in the White house now...so it ain't just Donald, though he may have been thrown a few crumbs at that time.
edit on 8-3-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
doesn't the spring usually have a bounce?

what specific policy did he enact that was in place long enough to cause this?

this worship is getting to north korea levels..supreme leader always right, lol

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

According to this: GDP growth (annual %) 5.3% growth was seen in 2010.

What's up with that?

edit on 8-3-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

a reply to: seasonal

Well yeah... This what happens when a President inherits a healthy economy from the previous President. Though I don't see you giving any credit to Obama for the economic layup here.

Nobody believes your revisionist BS unless they are willfully ignorant.

Obama is on record throwing in the towel on the job market and mocking Trump's optimism.

edit on 8-3-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Samsung plans US expansion, shifting from Mexico

300 million and 500 jobs

Samsung’s interest in a U.S. factory was influenced by the election of U.S. President Donald Trump, according to people familiar with the matter.

edit on 8-3-2017 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

According to this: GDP growth (annual %) 5.3% growth was seen in 2010.

What's up with that?

In 2010, the GDP growth rate was 2.5%. This estimate remained unchanged in the 2014 and 2015 revisions. It is higher than the 2012 revision of 2.4%, but significantly lower than the 2011 estimate of 3.0% and the 2010 estimate of 2.8%.

Source

Where does it show in your link that it was that high? Looks like about 2.5% as I show here

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

300 million and 500 jobs

Samsung’s interest in a U.S. factory was influenced by the election of U.S. President Donald Trump, according to people familiar with the matter.

Believe it when I see it.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

300 million and 500 jobs

Believe it when I see it.

You'll never believe, even when you see it, because when it concerns Trump... IT JUST CAN'T BE GOOD!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join