It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's first full month in office brings massive employment boom as U.S.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Exactly. So if and when he does screw it up, you guys have a the right to go kamikaze on him, but apparently it is going in a positive direction, regardless of it's his direct doing or not. This is a good thing is it not?

For now. The only thing I'm concerned about is that there is no physical driver of this boom outside of people's confidence. This spells economic bubble to me, which while great for the time being won't be so great in the future.

This article makes a great point about how we should use the the buffer created by this bubble to shock Wall Street with a higher than expected insurance rate increase. That would help deflate the bubble without destroying the economy and thus create more room to improve.
The Federal Reserve should give Wall Street a shock
edit on 8-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I would say confidence is one of the most important aspects of success. Not even just in business, but life in general. Hopefully this confidence can be the foundation to build on.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Hilarious to say the least, most of the jobs were announced before election day! and there is even 100,000 jobs that Amazon is creating. I told yus before, Trump is a thief, now he is stealing job credits.
Funny thing is, last July he said we are in the worst economic crisis ever...that was in a month when over 250,000 jobs were created and the percentage increase was 2.6% This is baby talk...for babies.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I would say confidence is one of the most important aspects of success. Not even just in business, but life in general. Hopefully this confidence can be the foundation to build on.

Confidence is good, but over-confidence causes problems. I have a feeling we are veering into over-confidence territory. Mostly because Trump hasn't come out with any sort of economic plan yet. This expansion is mostly fueled by speculation, which is very concerning.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This seems to be a good thing, no matter who, or what is responsible.
You people kill me. Can't even begin to admit that this could have to do with Trump.
Let go of your hate, people. Its clouding your thinking.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

I agree, Trump is the pres, it's his baby now.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Confidence is good, but over-confidence causes problems. I have a feeling we are veering into over-confidence territory. Mostly because Trump hasn't come out with any sort of economic plan yet. This expansion is mostly fueled by speculation, which is very concerning.

Nothing has been actually accomplished yet.

However, many Companies have reacted positively.

We will see. I like many things I have been hearing.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
"Looks like new job figures beat economists estimates by more that 100,000, and the unemployment rate fell to 4.7%. "

That's misleading as hell.

They only count new claims and current.

Those who can no longer get UE benefits aren't counted.

And there are a lot of people still out of work.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
lol

Laughable.

Ok so tell me this... why wasn't the economy doing this over the last 4 years? It's funny when I see people saying "Well the last prez is the reason" well over into the new term when they can look back the last EIGHT years and see this was NOT the case.

pish...

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
lol

Laughable.

Ok so tell me this... why wasn't the economy doing this over the last 4 years? It's funny when I see people saying "Well the last prez is the reason" well over into the new term when they can look back the last EIGHT years and see this was NOT the case.

pish...

Um... The economy was totally doing this over the last 4 years. Obama gave Trump the economy with the stock market at an all time high. It just has continued to increase since Obama left office.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

The economy is largely based on feelings and emotion.

With Trump I think there has been a positive shift.

Youre absolutely correct, however, when one's butt is still so hurt, they will choose not to acknowedge this.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

A large amount of people are considered on the payroll of employment agencies because they are in the system, but are not employed.

I am counted at least 6 times since I have my information at at least 6 employment agencies.

ALL of the numbers are BS, all of them.

edit on ? by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

The rocketing jobs rate is a big coincidence. Nothing to see here.

What if only 10,000 jobs were created, would Obama still be the one responsible?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

What if only 10,000 jobs were created, would Obama still be the one responsible?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Nice way of putting it.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
When jobs were going up under Obama, we heard not a peep out of the people here who are forgetting that this is Obama’s economy not Trumps yet.

Now all of a sudden people here are talking about patriotism.

Hypocrisy in the extreme

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

It doesn't matter how many jobs were created. Trump hasn't done anything economically yet and we are fresh out of Obama's Presidency. To deny Obama's contribution here is just ludicrously partisan.

The only thing Trump has done is get elected and not screw anything up yet.
edit on 8-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
When jobs were going up under Obama, we heard not a peep out of the people here who are forgetting that this is Obama’s economy not Trumps yet.

Now all of a sudden people here are talking about patriotism.

Hypocrisy in the extreme

Seriously. It's awfully hypocritical.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Sorry, but I have to call out ridiculousness when I see it.

Anything that Trump does concerning promotion of increased job availability will not be seen or felt for months down the road. I mean, even that graph you posted shows this is the third leg in an upward trend.

But we must keep things in context as well--with the relatively mild winter that many of us have felt in the U.S., many fields (including construction) are beginning to hire on their seasonal work force a bit early. I'm betting that this has zero to do with Trump, save for MAYBE a slight psychological effect where some business owners assume that things will be getting better so they may be hiring a few more people than usual, and more to do with a myriad of external factors well beyond his control all lining up to aid in job creation at the moment.

edit on 8-3-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It doesn't matter how many jobs were created. Trump hasn't done anything economically yet and we are fresh out of Obama's Presidency. To deny Obama's contribution here is just ludicrously partisan.

The only thing Trump has done is get elected and not screw anything up yet.

"partisan" hardly describes the religious fervor Trump supporters display. Remember, Obama is the Antichrist.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join