It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's first full month in office brings massive employment boom as U.S.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

My theory is that businesses have let out a breath of relief when O left and Hillary the faint lost.

Now they have a leader. Not a prompter reader. There is confidence that this guy is going to be pro business and also, for a change, pro worker.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Consumer spending did dip at the same time. Very unusual.

Business confidence is definitely high, meaning they are more risky with their assets and cash flows. This creates hiring.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
We're picking up a lot of people but they are all from India and of really no use. Smart and all but can't create anything no imagination. But can remember an entire book from High school. not much use.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
Business confidence is definitely high, meaning they are more risky with their assets and cash flows. This creates hiring.

Actually this creates a bubble.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

The economy is largely based on feelings and emotion.

With Trump I think there has been a positive shift.

The economy is based on market forces that Trump has no control over.

Ever heard of Bloomberg? Do some research there....Drudge is agenda driven.

And what helps drive a market? A positive political atmosphere for business, such as favorable taxes, less regulations... which Trump has influence over.

Oh, he's lowered taxes and regulations? Show me...

All he's done is claim he's going to do it. All talk...

Are you really that clueless? Do you own a business? All it takes is the claim to reinforce ones confidence. I own a small business, focused more on summer time, so my new plans for this year have to be acted upon now, not later. Those plans have everything to do with the election of Trump. Knowing what's coming influences the decisions I'm making today.

All talk... but good talk!

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Dozens of corporations? Care to source this?

I'm expecting at least 36 cited examples of what you claim.

Or are you just making things up and passing them off as #alternativefacts?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper Knowing what's coming influences the decisions I'm making today.

The problem here is that you don't KNOW what is coming. You're making it up.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Trumps economic model is just a revived "trickle down" system. Yeah, that worked great last time. lol....

www.zerohedge.com...

edit on 8-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

The economy is largely based on feelings and emotion.

With Trump I think there has been a positive shift.

The economy is based on market forces that Trump has no control over.

Ever heard of Bloomberg? Do some research there....Drudge is agenda driven.

And what helps drive a market? A positive political atmosphere for business, such as favorable taxes, less regulations... which Trump has influence over.

Oh, he's lowered taxes and regulations? Show me...

All he's done is claim he's going to do it. All talk...

Are you really that clueless? Do you own a business? All it takes is the claim to reinforce ones confidence. I own a small business, focused more on summer time, so my new plans for this year have to be acted upon now, not later. Those plans have everything to do with the election of Trump. Knowing what's coming influences the decisions I'm making today.

All talk... but good talk!

Good Luck!

I had a small business when Bush was elected (first term). I voted for him because one of his campaign promises was to lower taxes on small businesses.

He did the opposite.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart
You attribute this to Trump how?

Its called self-deception, wishful thinking, and fantasy things that are spread by Trump to his deluded followers

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

originally posted by: Rezlooper Knowing what's coming influences the decisions I'm making today.

The problem here is that you don't KNOW what is coming. You're making it up.

I know that, as a small business owner who can't afford to provide insurance for my employees, I will no longer be mandated to do so. That's one example.

Last year, and for three years running, I've had 6 employees kept under 30 hours a week, and this summer we are doubling that to 12. We are in the planning stages of doubling our business in two months. I wouldn't have even considered this ambitious move last year.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
There are many things that affect the economy and now is not the time to see about such. Only a month in, and ultimately this is just the first of 48 months, so only 47 more to do with the new administration.
And all of the progress of the country, the spending and all of that is not from Trump, but from Obama. The new fiscal year for the country starts in October, and that will be where he will have to make decisions as to what to cut and what to increase. And the country will have to watch, cause if the current ideas and policies are any indicators, we should start to see the effects by July.

Wallstreet and the dow and all of the basics of the economics, are based on the president how the congress performs, and right now they are seeing rainbows and lollipops, and a good thing, however, what goes up must come down. Many of the president’s policies and ideas are dangerous.

So while it looks good right now, the question is what happens when one of our allies, trading partners and other countries decide that the USA is not worth it? He has insulted our neighbor to the south, and while we may think it will be a good thing, care to guess who is looking to fill in the void in that area? Seems like another major country is starting to flex, and has both the financial backing and the drive to start to put a hurting on the USA. And that is not all.

The rhetoric and tone, and the actions are watched, and it is disturbing to many in countries that are the allies of the USA to the point where they are looking at possibly starting to lay the groundwork of not needing the USA for anything, including trade.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Some people are so desperate and bitter, it's like you're fighting every ounce of your being to not allow yourself to attribute any positivity to Trump or else it will destroy you or something.

You can ask for proof and concrete evidence all you want, but you can't deny the Trump effect. Something that will continue to blossom, and the longer you want to deny it the deeper in denial it will only put you and the harder it will only become to accept when it's full blown in your face.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Can't we all agree that the jobs number is good for America? This is a win for our country can we just be happy about it together?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
Some people are so desperate and bitter, it's like you're fighting every ounce of your being to not allow yourself to attribute any positivity to Trump or else it will destroy you or something.

You can ask for proof and concrete evidence all you want, but you can't deny the Trump effect. Something that will continue to blossom, and the longer you want to deny it the deeper in denial it will only put you and the harder it will only become to accept when it's full blown in your face.

Exactly!

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

I think the better point is businesses know that HRC is not coming.

With all the money saved by the ACA, business was worried about Hillary and 4 more Obama policy years.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Good point. It's nice that Trump hasn't screwed up so badly that he has ruined the economy he inherited from Obama. Yet.
edit on 8-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

(post by Arnie123 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Some people are the complete opposite of that.

Both tend to be wrong.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Exactly. So if and when he does screw it up, you guys have a the right to go kamikaze on him, but apparently it is going in a positive direction, regardless of it's his direct doing or not. This is a good thing is it not?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join