It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agenda driven garbage - Moonlight wins oscar

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Ok garbage is maybe a little strong, the performances were good but this film is absolutely NOT worthy of an Oscar!

Shame on the Academy for being cowards after the race card was pulled so many times last year!

This film pushed the agenda to such an extent.... A gay, black, bullied teenager/man with a crack addict mother in the 'hood'. I realise that now it is an unforgivable crime to be born white but give me a break...

I know I will get flamed for this post but it's ridiculous and I have lost all faith in the Oscars.

Please do not even bother calling me racist because you look a fool...
edit on 2/3/2017 by fusiondoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

i view the oscars as an exercise in mutual mastrubation - so as long as i dont have to participate or watch - it doesnt really bother me

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Ummm, you actually ever had faith in the Oscars in the first place, or any of these self serving elitist awards ceremonies they have on TV????

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   

The rating the Oscars usually bring in have been declining over the last few years, this year being no exception, in fact this years was worse then last years rating.

It's all garbage anyways..

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: fusiondoe
Ok garbage is maybe a little strong, the performances were good but this film is absolutely NOT worthy of an Oscar!

Shame on the Academy for being cowards after the race card was pulled so many times last year!

This film pushed the agenda to such an extent.... A gay, black, bullied teenager/man with a crack addict mother in the 'hood'. I realise that now it is an unforgivable crime to be born white but give me a break...

I know I will get flamed for this post but it's ridiculous and I have lost all faith in the Oscars.

OK You are not a racist but you are quick to avoid that appellation - why?

What is your real agenda seeing that you are great at spotting the agenda of others.

Have you seen all of the Oscar - nominated films? Sorry, but that is the best way to ascertain the validity of your cinematographic knowledge. I frankly do not have the time to view all of the films that are nominated and quite often the films that I really love are not nominated to Oscars generally. I am a Sci fi buff and like indie films , both genres are not well received by most critics be it books or films.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiger5

OK You are not a racist but you are quick to avoid that appellation - why?

What is your real agenda seeing that you are great at spotting the agenda of others.

Have you seen all of the Oscar - nominated films? Sorry, but that is the best way to ascertain the validity of your cinematographic knowledge. I frankly do not have the time to view all of the films that are nominated and quite often the films that I really love are not nominated to Oscars generally. I am a Sci fi buff and like indie films , both genres are not well received by most critics be it books or films.

Quick to avoid it because people like you write 'what is your real agenda'?? I have no agenda other then to state that the film was not worthy of an Oscar as it was not very good. Simple as that really.

So please stop before you even start

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

just " for context " lets assume that fusiondoe ran thje zoo - which movie would you have given " best motion picture " arward too ?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

In your opinion it was not very good
Which film do u think should have won?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Make a film about the Holocaust/Black Slavery/Marginalised but Moral Ethnic/Fluid Gender and/or Sexuality and the Oscar is assured. It doesn't have to be good or well acted.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Haven't seen the film but it got fantastic reviews from numerous sources. As others have asked what film was better this year in your opinion?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

*Positive discrimination* is a patronising concept ...... that something is

not good enough to win on its own merits.

Then after last years debacle, I suppose winning on merit goes out of the

window......win regardless!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
Make a film about the Holocaust/Black Slavery/Marginalised but Moral Ethnic/Fluid Gender and/or Sexuality and the Oscar is assured. It doesn't have to be good or well acted.

So why didn't fences win? Why didn't hidden figures win? Why didn't denzel win?
Viola did win best supporting....moonlight was a very good movie

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

So why didn't fences win? Why didn't hidden figures win? Why didn't denzel win?
Viola did win best supporting....moonlight was a very good movie

Maybe because whatever the winning film is about is the current cause celebre.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Threads like this is why the world needs to end. Or at least the internet.

It's movies. Who cares?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Threads like this are exactly why the Oscar's still exist. Stop paying attention and the tradition will die a slow death.

Who cares.

P.S. I watched the film last night. Waste of time.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Totally agree. I haven't cared in years and I don't to movie theaters and pay exorbitant prices and I hate award shows.

But, then, no one cares what I think.

These grossly boastful self aggrandizing displays are really for that entertainment community-the continuing lack of interest outside is fast deteriorating-let them continue to dissipate-along with their proudful political and social egos.

They'll soon learn we don't care anymore. Bye bye.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
It would only have been more sader if he was transgender and muslim too.

It was a libral circle jerk

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Dead pool should have one best movie
Contemporary clever witty and relevant to today's culture
Movies are about entertaining, they don't have to be about preaching...or was deadpool last years movie.
Oscars, who gives a toss
I couldn't name a single Oscar winning movie from the last 5 years

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
So it started as - "how dare these liberals try to stop Casey Affleck's award for the movie just because people accused him of sexual assault!" and now that he won it changes to "how dare these liberals give Casey Affleck an award for a movie"..? lmao

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
People who play make believe voting for other people who play make believe , why is this even a thing .

<<   2  3 >>

join