It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIGGEST TRIGGER -- Gun Ownership - Cannabis Legality - Aborting Babies.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
March 1, 2017

I watch with amazement how such extreme passions are being stirred, over a RUMOR that the Trump administration (Dept of Justice) might make Marijuana possession illegal-criminal in the United States. In many ways, it seems to be a bigger "hot button" issue than either Guns, or Abortions.

IMO, it would be informative and educational, if you'd share your thoughts to this question...

ATS members, which of these three issues do you feel MOST strongly about?

1. Gun Ownership Rights.

2. Marijuana Legality/Usage.

3. Aborting Babies.

I think abortion stirs the most passion amongst those who are against it, vs. those who are for it. But, the NUMBER of people who are deeply attached to that issue seems to be smaller than the number of citizens who treasure their right to own guns.

I'm not sure how widespread marijuana usage is. But it's obvious from recent ATS threads that the emotional attachment to this drug runs deep.

Please share your thoughts, if you feel like it. Thanks in advance!

-CareWeMust

edit on 3/1/2017 by carewemust because: In Subject, changed Marijuana to Cannabis. Props to ATS Member KRYTIES.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Sessions thoughts on cannabis from yesterday in case anyone was wondering:
www.usnews.com...

While abortion and gun rights are hot button issues, I believe the coming discussion on cannabis will dwarf both for the time being. Mainly because the cannabis issue involves states rights in a way that the others don't.

I think I read somewhere recently that upwards of 70% of Americans support the legalization of cannabis. If true, I think Trump will be shooting himself in the foot by letting Sessions go forward.

Time will tell.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
March 1, 2017

ATS members, which of these three issues do you feel MOST strongly about?

1. Gun Ownership Rights.

3. Aborting Babies.

Exactly in the order above.

Gun ownership is a constitutional right. It's protection of our lives against those trying to hurt and kill us and our families. It's the most important of any of the 3 issues imho.

Marijuana isn't as much of a necessity as it is a pleasure to have, at least by the majority. It's handled personally and the majority of people use it pretty freely since so many states aren't enforcing federal laws on it's possession and use. It's MOSTLY the dumb ones who now get in trouble over it. It's also the catalyst used by the government for it's "war" on drugs but I'm hoping that will change.

Abortion is such a personal decision between a woman and herself, it should never be a political issue and needs to be out of politics PERIOD!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Did CANDIDATE Trump take a stance on Marijuana? I don't recall hearing him say anything about it. If that's the case, President Trump should do whatever the majority of the country wants. After all, he is serving at our pleasure.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I'm not sure how widespread marijuana usage is. But it's obvious from recent ATS threads that the emotional attachment to this drug runs deep.

Cannabis usage ("marijuana" is an incorrect term) is MUCH more widespread than you might think, and given it's proven to be more harmless than alcohol I'm sure you will find it easy to understand why people get "emotional" over the fact people are being constantly arrested and jailed for it.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Did CANDIDATE Trump take a stance on Marijuana? I don't recall hearing him say anything about it. If that's the case, President Trump should do whatever the majority of the country wants. After all, he is serving at our pleasure.

SOURCE

In a television interview on July 29, 2016 with KUSA-TV in Colorado, Trump said: "I wouldn’t do that [using federal authority to shut down recreational marijuana], no … I wouldn’t do that … I think it’s up to the states, yeah. I’m a states person. I think it should be up to the states, absolutely."

In a radio interview with WWJ Newsradio 950 in Michigan on March 8, 2016, Trump said "I think it certainly has to be a state — I have not smoked it — it’s got to be a state decision … I do like it, you know, from a medical standpoint … it does do pretty good things. But from the other standpoint, I think that it should be up to the states."

At a campaign rally in Sparks, Nevada on Oct. 29, 2015, Trump said: "The marijuana thing is such a big thing. I think medical should happen — right? Don’t we agree? I think so. And then I really believe we should leave it up to the states. It should be a state situation ... but I believe that the legalization of marijuana – other than for medical because I think medical, you know I know people that are very, very sick and for whatever reason the marijuana really helps them - … but in terms of marijuana and legalization, I think that should be a state issue, state-by-state."

But be careful, some other ATS members are going to take this completely out of context and tell you that Trump & Sessions are waging an all out war on state legislated marijuana.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Thankyou for the detailed sharing of your thoughts on each issue, StoutBroux. You're right about gun ownership literally being a matter of life or death, in a lot of instances.

Abortion is a life/death issue too. But if it's not murdering a human, then you're right about government staying clear of that procedure.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

JUST ABOUT 59 MILLION THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND BABIES HAVE BEEN ABORTED SINCE 1973 AS OF TODAY.. Hey just unwanted kids that might be better off dead after looking at some of the parenting going on today or being wards of the CPA

Pot usage I would hope has more to do with the justice system and laws than someone scheming on where their next high is coming from. Alcoholic anonymous doesn't do pot as far as I know but I absolutely know nothing about dependency on foreign substances except for coffee; and I can live without it but golly gee I like it.. I agree there are many usages for hemp and as far as I am concerned it should be just like alcohol as far a regulations...

The Second amendment is part of the founding documents. As far as people seeing warning signs along with the mistrust of the weasels who manage to become our good faith representatives then becoming turn coats once in office..... Maybe getting riled up over the politicians chipping away at the constitution is the least they can do.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Cannabis can be a "life/death" issue too for those locked up for long jail sentences just for possessing or smoking it. Victimless crime and all....

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

So, CANNABIS is the legal term. Marijuana is just slang, like Weed, Joint,..what else?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

Pot usage I would hope has more to do with the justice system and laws than someone scheming on where their next high is coming from. Alcoholic anonymous doesn't do pot as far as I know but I absolutely know nothing about dependency on foreign substances except for coffee; and I can live without it but golly gee I like it.. I agree there are many usages for hemp and as far as I am concerned it should be just like alcohol as far a regulations...

Cannabis is proven to be more harmless than totally legal alcohol and tobacco. In fact there has not been one recorded or noted death from Cannabis consumption alone EVER.

In the same way that people like to have a drink to "relax" - some people prefer to take the much safer option of imbibing Cannabis to "relax". Why should one be OK but not the other - particularly when all the evidence points to Cannabis being harmless for most people?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

WOW.. Fifty Nine Million Abortions!? I had no idea. That is a lot of death.

But on the other hand, If there were no abortions, (or thousands of kid disappearing mysteriously), perhaps the world would be WAY overcrowded by now? Every country might be "third world".

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

A bill was just introduced to remove it from the controlled substance list. It's the same bill Bernie introduced in 2015 I think.

tomgarrett.house.gov...

My thoughts are.. sessions said he would enforce the laws. Great we can all agree that's what the ag should do. He's already come out saying that he thinks mj is bad. So he doesn't want to go back on that. Integrity and all. Congress and the Senate is going to need a big win soon because I'm sure they are going to need it to distract from something sketchy getting pushed through they don't want us to look at. They'll pass this bill guaranteeing reelection, sessions gets to saves face, does what he says in the hearings and Trump won't oppose and look like a hero. opening the flood gates to the marijuana industry. Billions maybe trillions in taxes. Trump loves numbers.

edit on 1-3-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Marijuana legality isnt just about marijuana legality. Its about the prison industrial complex, 50 plus years of imprisoning and destroying the lives of countless americans. Its about liberty. Its about the state controlling our lives and preventing us from getting a natural medicine. Its a means and tool of oppressing poor communities.

Thats why its a big deal.

Im also very pro gun and self defense.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I have to wonder why globalists are pushing for abortions, when at the same time they like to 'make pizza' out of them, if you get my drift. Children are their main course.

I fear it's more about sadistic ritual sacrifice.

On the topic of Cannabis - yes that is the correct term, Marijuana was a word used when first making it outlawed in order to victimise mexicans, you can research that - but a harmless drug, that has been used since it first grew, medicinally, recreationally and with zero impact on those who did. The crime with pot is the law itself. That HAS to change.

Guns... my dog wont bark on that. but seeing even an off duty officer pull a gun on children after they walked across his lawn, and he went all rambo on them, makes me worried.. other than that, I know a few gun owners here and abroad (yes we do have guns here in Australia) who are well behaved.

And like a car, give a drunk driver back his license is like giving someone without any background checks, the device they can kill people with. it goes far beyond that, but in a jiffy, it's the same..

I don't like the fact I had a red neck good old boy say he was gonna shoot me if I got to the states, a while ago. but hey, I am adept with knives. he'd have had no fingers left to pull that trigger.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
It is my opinion that marijuana should be legalized across the country. Outrageous to have alcohol legal and not MJ.
I own quite a few guns, so that is a big issue with me as well.
Abortion should be a woman's choice. Not the Federal Government's choice.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Weed makes everyone happy, guns and abortion don't. If weed was fully legal everyone would be happier and that is better for society as a whole. Vote for the legalization of weed wherever you see it.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Strewth

Guns make me happy. I've been a firearms enthusiast, tactical trainer, and weapons expert for a long time. It's something I very much enjoy. Firearms, weapons in general, are constitutionally protected and is a right stemming from the natural right of self-defense.

Abortion is something I abhor, but outlawing the practice would drive it underground and create all kinds of safety and health issues for the general public.

Weed is an excellent medicine and a great way to help you relax after a long, hard day. It should be legal federally and at state level.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Cannabis is a big deal. I want to see it legalized across the board. I also want to see hemp become the new king of fiber. Cotton has had a stranglehold on fiber for far too long, and it's wasteful, as it takes mega water and all of the plant isn't used. Not to mention the pesticides, fertilizers, seed monopolies, it's just a freaking racket. Cotton gins are a blight on every landscape they grace as the EPA doesn't enforce any emission standards on them due to the seasonal manner of their operation.

Hands off the guns.

Abortion just gives people a reason to further degrade society. All of the loveless, senseless screwing that irresponsible degenerates could want with little to no consequence. It should be made much more difficult, expensive, whatever. Though, extreme cases of necessity are understandable.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   

3. Aborting Babies.

Generally no one 'aborts babies'.
That emotionally laden baggage doesn't help a rational discussion, unless you are trying to bias it somehow.
Fetuses are aborted.
Zygotes are aborted.
'Aborting' a 'baby' is generally considered murder, legally.
I'm sure just an oversight on your part...

Which bother me?

1. Gun Ownership Rights.

~~~ Couldn't care less if everyone was toting and shooting each other.
Have at it.
There are too many, anyway, and the gene pool needs to be 'skimmed'!

~~~ The legality of my medicine never concerned me. There are 'higher' laws at play, here.
In Amerikkka they are called 'stoners'[, derogatorily... in India they are called Holy Men!

3. Aborting Babies.

~~~ As far as I am concerned, it's not my body so I don't care.
Unless it was my baby, and then I'd probably be howling for SOME say in the matter of Our baby in the woman's body for 9 months and then I'll be supporting for the next 20 years!

Nah, no emotion on any of it.
It's all old news.

I'm sorry, but 'care' we do not necessarily 'must'. *__-

edit on 1-3-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join