It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Rules California Must Release Papers Discussing Risk Of Cellphone Use

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Over the years there has been several articles written about cell phone radiation. Many blew it off as nothing more than smoke without a fire.. One article I do remember was telling women who put their cell phones at the top of their Bras should not do so due to the risk of cancer.. I think there was a thread here on ATS as a matter of fact.
sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...

Moskowitz, Director at the Center for Family and Community Health at UC Berkeley’s School of Public Health explained to KPIX 5 the reason he sued. “I would like this document to see the light of day because it will inform the public that there is concern within the California Department of Public Health that cellphone radiation is a risk, and it will provide them with some information about how to reduce those risks.”

When asked why he thinks the state is trying to suppress this document, he said, “They claim that this would lead to chaos and confusion among the public, I suspect that they were afraid of the reaction from the telecommunications industry should they publish this document. In fact, they even argued that in their brief.”

It may be interesting about what the document says or not... We will have to see if this is covered or covered up..
edit on 727thk17 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Well with asbestos, cigarettes, fats are bad and soon sugar, I would not for one second be surprised to find that there is a wealth of info out there that is hidden.

When ever I heard truth will/may confuse lead to chaos, all I hear now is $$$$ and a protected (lobby) industry.
edit on 28-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I would very much like to see the research released. Last year THREE people I know were diagnosed and treated for brain cancer. The odds of that happening randomly are way too high. Two them were frequent cell phone users, the third not as much.

Not to derail your thread, but I also questioned what effect WiFi has on a person's health, as well.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I know after reading the user manual and mindlessly clicking that I accept terms and conditions that Apple recommends keeping the iPhone away from your body. They already told us

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

It wont matter, look at these commercials.
Apple endorses using their product, and what looks like competitors products right on the ear.
Can you say class action? This will be the only way to make them safer.

@ 4:25

edit on 28-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
They always say 'follow the money'.

What collateral 'damage' .......damage in the sense of related industry, suppliers, factories, people. Cell phones tell natives in the Amazon the spot price of gold to the minute.

The whole world's built around them, their in every function of man.
In a sense they are like Cigarettes with the early introduction and applause of, the acceptance of, and the disdain of as their toxicity was revealed.

The life of this ecological disaster, ..... maybe as long as it takes to see the wholesale results of these cancers and effects on fauna and flora, and ourselves. It may be as simple as a different technology to repair and do away with the cell phone all together. Remember in the 50's the Uranium craze... People out in the desert in surplus Jeeps combing the sands and hills for Uranium........ folly found out too late.
Madam Currie..... didn't turn out too good. At any rate that was put to rest in less than a decade.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I've looked at the cell phone radiation evidence that shows it is bad for us and I have evaluated that it is bad to put the phone up to your head and talk if you use it more than a few minutes at a time. That is real evidence. More and more people are testing instead now because of the new Phones, that is causing a lot of injuries and the screen is causing eye damage.

The information of the harm needs to be out there and verified as real. People can make up their own minds then as to whether they want to use them as much as they do. Leave it up to the people as individuals but do not lie to them and say they are safe when they aren't.

Drinking a coke occasionally will do you no harm, but drinking it all day long all the time is definitely not good for you.

Texting and driving should be illegal as well as anything that distracts you like that does. A complicated stereo system is also distracting, so are some of the unnecessary electronic gadgets in cars.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I watched a good documentary called Mobilize a couple of years ago that is pretty informative. It reminded me of the tobacco industry and at one point all the industry leaders, Verizon, Sprint etc line up at hearing to testify that their phones are not dangerous. They were forced to include safe phone to ear distance(half inch) in manuals. I use shielded ear phones because regular ones act as booster to signal, sending it right into ears.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Here is the problem as I see it. Anyone with half a brain can look at the population and see something is very wrong. Folks are rude, vacant, addicted, and generally just annoying to be around while the cellphone is their focus of attention. This is seen as a "so what" because there is simply no need to spend money studying such things. Walk into a room as ask, "who hates the way people act on cellphones..." and you get all hands raised, yet all behave poorly. Folks hate texting and driving yet do it. This is REALLY wrong. The problems are bad, and obvious.

The issue is the tech industry, government and medical unions have said, "well it doesn't' cause cancer so everything is fine." Cancer is not the litmus test, nor is it even the worst thing that can create life conflict, but said "authorities" have managed to reduce all arguments about cellphones, and wifi for that matter, to "if you cannot prove it causes cancer then shut up." Of course you can't prove it causes cancer, because that statement isn't a relevant question, that accurate question should be, "does the radiation coming from the cell towers TRIGGER cancer to manifest?"

Watch the actions of your fellow humans while on the phone, are they lost, unaware you exist, do they stop the conversation with you to look at the phone every 30 seconds, to the go to a concert just to film it, do they text and drive even though they know it is wrong?

Cancer is the least of the issues associated with this.

top topics

join