It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are UFO videos increasing or decreasing???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
While meandering through another thread a question popped into my head.

Are UFO sightings with video increasing or decreasing???

Obviously they should have ballooned 1,000 fold, since now everyone has a camera at all times, but I'm betting the real results have been the exact opposite. With the vast majority of sightings conviently dropping in lock step with the invention of cell phone cameras.

Now to be honest this is 100% off the top of my head and my own personal opinion, I don't even know if I could find a chart detailing the number of sightings per year. Let alone finding one that only charts videos that haven't been debunked.

Assuming I'm right and UFO videos have nearly stopped or lessened dramatically since camera phones, doesn't that prob mean there prob isn't much to the alien illuminati or lizard men type alien based conspiracy theories??

That said this wouldn't really disprove the billion to one Roswell type event. Just the theories we are saturated in aliens that are constantly visiting earth to kidnap (and probe lol) the trailer parks population.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Nick Pope recently retweeted a little article about this that you might find insightful in this regard.

www.aol.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

"Ghosts, Nessie, Bigfoot, "little silver men with menacing probes": there was a time we used to hear a lot about these various manifestations of the strange, spooky and suspect. But not any more. In the past few years there has been a spectacular market crash in many kinds of paranormal activity; somehow our world just isn't as weird as it was.
Take the Loch Ness Monster. Since the first modern sighting in 1933, Nessie-watchers have been able to rely on about 15-20 reported sightings a year, with occasional paranormal peaks of up to 40. This January the official Loch Ness Monster fan club admitted that in the preceding 18 months they had heard of a meagre three spottings. "There has been an unusually low number of sightings, all of which were made by local people," admits Gary Campbell, club president. "It appears that no tourists at all have seen anything unusual."

Then there's the slump in hauntings. Tony Cornell is a vice-president of the Society for Psychical Research, the UK's most prestigious ghost-busting association. Cornell has been investigating ghosts for 50 years but hasn't been using his £8,000 of poltergeist-detecting equipment of late. "The society used to get maybe 60 to 80 reports of ghosts in a year," he says. "Now we get none. None at all. A remarkable decline. It is still very strange."

But the starkest evidence for this general dwindling of weirdness probably comes with UFOs. Earlier this year, the UK's favourite flying saucer fanzine, UFO Magazine, folded due to declining sales. At the same time, Bufora, the top UK forum for skywatchers, ruefully admitted that UFO sightings have been in "steady decline" since the late 1990s. Most striking of all, the British Flying Saucer Bureau has suspended its activities, because the number of sightings has crashed from a peak of around 30 a week to almost zero. Denis Plunkett, the retired civil servant from Bristol who founded the bureau in 1953, says: "I am just as enthusiastic about flying saucers as I always was, but the problem is that we are in the middle of a long, long trough. There just aren't enough new sightings. It is not like being a philatelist. There is always something new to say about stamps."

This isn't just a British phenomenon. In Indiana in the US an amateur association of scientific ufologists known as Madar (multiple autonomy detection and automatic recording) has seen a steady and accelerating fall-off in UFO activity since the peaks of the mid-70s. Likewise, New Jersey's skywatchers have openly wondered whether to call it a day. Even the cold skies of northern Norway are bereft: "It's unexplainable," says Leif-Norman Solhaug, leader of Scandinavian skywatching society UFO Nord-Norge. "Maybe people are just fed up with the UFO hysteria.""

Looks like that is the case..

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: LivingUnderGlass
Nick Pope recently retweeted a little article about this that you might find insightful in this regard.

www.aol.com...

Read that one right before the one I just posted.

The aol article is only siting one guy and conveniently considers 2010 as recent and doesn't provide very much info at all.

The guardian article I just posted actually has quotes from multiple UFO groups and seems to be more detailed.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: LivingUnderGlass

www.aol.com...

Mainly I haven't seen any compelling video in years... decades really.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Well, if you take a look on Youtube for UFO's in 2016 it seems like there is an increase in UFO videos, but looking closer it is more like an increase of CGI UFO videos, there is far between what could be a legit UFO, and most are picked up by Thirdphaseofmoon and secureteam, which makes it hard to see what is legit or not as most are fake..
edit on 27-2-2017 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

You fail to understand that the UFO myth is so commonplace in the world today, that a typical UFO sightings of a bright light in the sky is pretty much a "ho-hum," non-event these days. Further, most handheld cell phone videos are lousy and have absolutely no value except for friends. Putting one of those bad shaky, objects or bright light vids on ATS or elsewhere on the web is asking for ridicule, hardly worth the effort these days.

Finally, we can plainly see in UFO threads--such as you plainly illustrate here--that many people tend to be dismissive of the whole topic without any seriousness and relegate it to "alien illuminati or lizard men type(s)" and "trailer park populations."

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

After decades of trial and error, the military and privatized aerospace contractors are doing a better job of keeping their advanced man-made technology out of sight and out of mind.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I was just reading an article the other day that had a graph of reported sightings by decade and the 2010's had over twice as much as any other decade. II figured the most would be in the 50's. I will see if I can find the graph and post it here.

As far as videos, It wouldn't surprise me at all if there are more now. The problem is, I can't believe any of them anymore. Video and photo manipulation software is just too readily available and cheap. It is also incredibly realistic and improving all the time. I'm afraid we've reached a point where photographic or video evidence cannot be trusted.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

also things that couldnt possibly be a plane can now quite easily be a drone...

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

You fail to understand that the UFO myth is so commonplace in the world today, that a typical UFO sightings of a bright light in the sky is pretty much a "ho-hum," non-event these days. Further, most handheld cell phone videos are lousy and have absolutely no value except for friends. Putting one of those bad shaky, objects or bright light vids on ATS or elsewhere on the web is asking for ridicule, hardly worth the effort these days.

Finally, we can plainly see in UFO threads--such as you plainly illustrate here--that many people tend to be dismissive of the whole topic without any seriousness and relegate it to "alien illuminati or lizard men type(s)" and "trailer park populations."

Since when?!?!

Aliens are still arguably the most important unanswered question in human history.

They are constantly making new UFO documentaries

Alien movies are just as popular as ever.

That isn't at all realistic,.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi

After decades of trial and error, the military and privatized aerospace contractors are doing a better job of keeping their advanced man-made technology out of sight and out of mind.

Maybe so.. I've heard manned aircraft are dying. So less and less would be tested.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
I was just reading an article the other day that had a graph of reported sightings by decade and the 2010's had over twice as much as any other decade. II figured the most would be in the 50's. I will see if I can find the graph and post it here.

As far as videos, It wouldn't surprise me at all if there are more now. The problem is, I can't believe any of them anymore. Video and photo manipulation software is just too readily available and cheap. It is also incredibly realistic and improving all the time. I'm afraid we've reached a point where photographic or video evidence cannot be trusted.

Video manipulation software isn't new. Maybe digital photos are far harder to authenticate, but maybe not as well..

It's just funny I haven't seen a good UFO video since prob 2000

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

It's just funny I haven't seen a good UFO video since prob 2000

Of course you haven't , you didn't think the nsa spent billions on Web tools to catch terrorists did you?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
well with a zillion planes and all the junk in orbit how can any video be a UFO ?
Sorry to say the UFO video photo day is over .
It was fun wile it last we all love having a dream But that is all it ever was .
The only aliens who matter are teh ones who step onto the white house - or what ever countrys capital lawn .
It is the only proof that would ever be excepted .
war of teh worlds 1930s radio broadcast was the exception . and people were alot less informed then.
Now Trump himself could come on tv and say it but people would laugh untill he showed it .

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The problem these days is that this stuff is so easy to fake now, even an amateur with a PC and some cheap software can make a half-way decent vid or pic, its a digital age. I think the influx of fakes has made the subject lose a lot of credibility and more and more people have lost interest in it because of this. No-one likes to put a vid on the internet just to have it torn apart by the masses within seconds.

Truth be told you could put a vid up now of a real ufo or alien and most people will just scream photoshop at you without a second thought about it. Its a shame as well, its one of the most important questions mankind has yet to answer and I personally find the entire subject fascinating.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

While meandering through another thread a question popped into my head.

Are UFO sightings with video increasing or decreasing???

Obviously they should have ballooned 1,000 fold, since now everyone has a camera at all times, but I'm betting the real results have been the exact opposite. With the vast majority of sightings conviently dropping in lock step with the invention of cell phone cameras.

There is the answer. Millions of cameras in peoples pockets each of which capable of taking photos in poor light far more effectively than film cameras 20 years ago. So we now we have a far higher number of photographed objects and being better quality and far greater in quantity we can identify the true object...whatever it may be but NOT a "UFO". We are then left with yet more obscure "UFO'S" these are typically bright dots in pitch black 3 or 4 pixels wide.

One last point : if there really is a UFO hovering around how come it manages to position itself equidistant from all cellphones such that every one can only record an image 3 or 4 pixels wide ? Amazing detection and positioning skills by the aliens........but why?
edit on 27/2/2017 by yorkshirelad because: clarity

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

The calm before the storm?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: longy9999

This is most likely explanation. Video, pictures, documents, et cetera, is no longer "proof" of anything anymore. You could have me on video doing something and take me to court... If I know enough about videography, cgi, Photoshop, et cetera, I can convince the court that you "manipulated" and "doctored" that video to make it look like I was there when I wasn't, whether it be true or not, and make them believe it. It's just the world we live in.
edit on 28-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

join