It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The absurdity of UK immigration,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
The Home Office, where do we start.. I have a honestly held belief that the lunatics are running the asylum, case in point..

This women who goes by the name of Irene Clennell who has been in the UK for 27 years and married to a UK citizen with two UK born children and who is a grandmother has just been forcibly deported "due to spending to much time in her home country of Singapore looking after her dying parents"

www.theguardian.com...

www.bbc.co.uk...

What is wrong with this picture???, the UK lets in copious amounts of men in their 20's who claim to be children, Nothing to see here..

We do not deport hate preachers or when we do it takes decades and cost's millions, move along nothing to see here...

I have lost count of the people I personally know of that are playing the immigration system in the UK sending money abroad that is given to them by the Government all whilst renting out their council property, these people have no interest in the UK or contributing, take take take.. Sorry nothing to see here..

And these bastards (UKBA) have the nerve to kick out after forced detention someone that has been in the UK married and a tax payer with a British born family. Am I missing something here???.

Areas near where I live have been turned into third world ghettos run by Somalian gangs, (West London estates) yet these people have free rain to stay even though they have zero right (in my eyes) to be here? all haul the asylum system...

This case is the epitome of going after the "soft" targets, easy prey... I find it absurd that from a legal stand point having 27 years in a country with a British born family that this could even happen??..

No doubt this will be the tip of the ice berg now and a quick Google search brings up case after case of the same thing (see below)

Dutch women told to leave after 24 years and having two UK born Children of 15 and 17 years respective..
www.theguardian.com...

So if you want to actually stay in the UK just do as the #e #s do and do it illegally, chances are you will get a house and just say you have 7 kids abroad and watch the money poor in...
www.dailymail.co.uk...

So I have to ask where are the SJW regarding cases like this?, where is Lilly Allen what does she have to say??
... No twitter outrage??,

The silence is deafening....

RA

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
As crap as this story is, why on earth was she still on a Visitors visa after 27years??
Why didn't she apply for citizenship or even dual citizenship?
If you're here on a visitors visa you can't keep leaving the country for long periods and coming back on the same visa. There are a few in this country that seem to think just because they've married a Brit they can just stay without sorting out their actual status.

It happened to a friend of mine emigrating to Australia. She married on a visitors visa then kept having to leave the country to New Zealand for a week-end to get a new visa. She had to do this three times in total. New Zealand were used to it but told her she wouldn't be able to do it again and to get her status sorted.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

From the gaurdian :

Her last visitor visa expired last year and she was sent to a detention centre in Scotland after a routine appointment with immigration service in mid-January.

That is retarded, 30 years, raises kids and has a grandchild and they deport her and even send her to a detention center, holy moly we really are living in idiocracy.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
These are the sort of things that go on to help massage the stats so that they look better in that we've kicked out X number of people on some announcement.

Should of had the paperwork rolling in the post the day they got married as they can pop the wedding certificate and everything else and drop it off at the nearest post box that day.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Rules are rules. She should have followed them. It seems she has been contravening immigration rules for over 20 years.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

You have to know the system and the best thing from personal experience is to consult a lawyer every step of the way especially when it comes to leaving the country for extended periods.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Well I needed a good laugh this morning! I hope all those defending this will continue to do so as boat loads of truly illegals are being deported from America in the near future. Just remember that "it should have been done legally or get out"

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Ignorance of the law is no defence....as the saying goes
I just don't understand if you marry someone from the UK (or anywhere else) why you wouldn't apply for citizenship or at least dual citizenship. Its as though you're not commited in a way!

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Rules are rules. She should have followed them. It seems she has been contravening immigration rules for over 20 years.

# the rules.

If your married to a UK citizen that should give her the damed right to live in the UK.

That British citizen has a right to his wife and family.

I know a british citizen living in exile in Ireland with Her American husband as they dont meet the £18000 income rule , its disgusting

Its disgusting when any unkilled person from romanina can just turn up.

And even worse as the tens of thousands of unskilled Nigerians flood our shores fresh off the banana boats.

All it is buerocratic bull#

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

It seems there's never been an advantage to following the rules for some

However if marrying a British citizen doesn't give automatic right to remain, then she should have applied for citizenship and not presumed she could remain, particularly when on a visitors visa AND staying out of the country for long periods of time

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Why was she still using a visitor visa?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Exactly. I've been trying to find out why her and many others it seems are still using visitors visas but can't get any answers other than "they thought it was ok because they were European". I understand that they thought they were safe, but that's the point they thought and didn't check or take immigration officer's advice, this lady didn't have private medical insurance which she knew was a requirement.

I know its an awful situation to be in but its entirely her own making unfortunately

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

She should have been deported, she needs to get this sorted the right way.

top topics

join