It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slain SEAL’s dad wants answers: ‘Don’t hide behind my son’s death’

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
So who should be believe Indigo?

Who makes Trump look bad. There's your answer.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This thread is a prime example of 'The first casualty of war is the truth'.

People died.

A seal, and innocent civilians.

But hey keep on taking those pot shots at the president.

Loss of life goes with the job.

The reason we elected leaders in the first place.

To make decisions we don't want to.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=21955806]matafuchs

So here is the guy who actually does spec ops...not a wiki writer....telling us that they would not have moved forward if they thought there was not a chance of success.

So what is the purpose of review and discussion by the National Security Counsel, The Joint Chiefs et al. prior to Presidents giving the go?

Or has every President before Trump just done those reviews for fun?

You aren't alone in your confusion...Trump hasn't quite figured it out either...that is scary.
edit on 28-2-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I do not know how they were reviewed or presented. I have no real evidence except a NY Times article that became a wiki post about the mission.

What I do know is that there were US Advisors in Yemen leading up to the time the op occurred. I knew we were there because there was a Saudi air strike last year that killed over 50 people in a wedding and the US was involved. So they had human intel on the ground which is the best you can have.

www.washingtonpost.com...

The U.S. military now plans to keep a small force of Special Operations advisers in Yemen — deployed in April for a limited, short-term operation — for the foreseeable future, a step toward reestablishing a counterterrorism mission that was shut down last year by civil war.

These guys would have been instrumental in the planning and intel gathering for an operation like they did. It was a farked mission and it is an easy blame on Trump. They had aviation issues and had to scrap a plane as well as from what I read were attacked by women also who they thought were to be friendly. These things happen. They do not end like movies or books. People die. It is a sad thing and the father has every right to be angry but to just say Trump waved the wand and sent this kid to death is ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Not to mention the report of casualties (civilian) also are coming from Al Qaeda groups and cant be confirmed.

An al Qaeda official confirmed the killings, according to Politico, describing the attack as a “massacre.” He also said the raid killed women and children, but gave no evidence to support the claim.

Former Obama staffer: It’s ‘B.S.’ to say Obama approved Yemen raid

The info Indigo5 keeps citing from wikileaks actually is coming from the Guardian.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
not to be insensitive to the grieving family, but the most significant development is we lost yemens cooperation (apparently)

isolationism and nationalism have a price to pay

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

I do not know how they were reviewed or presented. I have no real evidence except a NY Times article that became a wiki post about the mission.

That is selective "knowing"...

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Not to mention the report of casualties (civilian) also are coming from Al Qaeda groups and cant be confirmed.

Really??

US Central Command is Al-Qaida?

Central Command admits Yemen raid killed civilians, children
www.washingtontimes.com...

(post by rollanotherone removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Really??

US Central Command is Al-Qaida?

Central Command admits Yemen raid killed civilians, children
www.washingtontimes.com...

Once again only seeing what you want to see....

Point out where centcom says children and women were killed.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

Hey. How do you feel about Benghazi? What difference, at this point, does it make?

The left does not understand what hypocrisy is...

Its why the fake outrage from then is so sad... They want all these investigations into Trump yet had no desire to have them for Obama, Clinton, Fast and Furious, the IRS scandal, the Iran nuclear agreement mess, etc etc etc.

Its why Democrats are going to implode and lose even more in the 2018 midterms.
edit on 28-2-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Hey. How do you feel about Benghazi? What difference, at this point, does it make?

Its why Democrats are going to implode and lose even more in the 2018 midterms.

As much as I'd like to see that, it'll do no good to have the Dems splintered into several factions. I have a feeling the noisy minority will take over, which will cause the Conservative party to reach as far right to counter balance. Plus, the comedy factor and all.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

This news and your comments are very biased. BTW, the Pentagon refused to release how many soldiers were on the ground under Obama's administration...

Why Is the Pentagon Hiding the Number of Troops in Iraq and Syria?

That doesn't mean there weren't soldiers on the ground, we just don't know how many there were. Not to mention that for 6 years Obama dropped around 20,000+ bombs each year in 7 countries. But we don't hear much about that and about the collateral damage do we?... Maybe because the "lame-stream media" wasn't covering these bombings?

However, the death of any soldier is tragic, in war everything doesn't go as planned, and as a veteran the father of this soldier should know this, and using the death of his son for political bitterness?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
well at least Ryan's wife isn't so short sighted.
edit on 28-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

interesting to see her there
glad to see her sacrifice acknowledged

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

This news and your comments are very biased. BTW, the Pentagon refused to release how many soldiers were on the ground under Obama's administration...

Why Is the Pentagon Hiding the Number of Troops in Iraq and Syria?

That doesn't mean there weren't soldiers on the ground, we just don't know how many there were. Not to mention that for 6 years Obama dropped around 20,000+ bombs each year in 7 countries. But we don't hear much about that and about the collateral damage do we?... Maybe because the "lame-stream media" wasn't covering these bombings?

However, the death of any soldier is tragic, in war everything doesn't go as planned, and as a veteran the father of this soldier should know this, and using the death of his son for political bitterness?

i give the father a pass. when u lose a loved one theres a whole range of emotions u can go through every hour of every day. hes grieving and i hope he finds his peace.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

They admitted no such thing. They admitted it's possible, not that it happened.

Reportedly among the dead was the 8-year-old daughter of Anwar al-Awlaki, the radical Yemeni-American cleric and spiritual leader of the Yemen cell, who was killed in 2011 in a U.S. drone strike.

So a group of terrorists thought it was a good idea to have the child of a terrorist with them. Sounds like the blame lies with the terrorists.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I "feel" it is pathetic all you are able to come up with is ...but but.. "Benghazi!!!" while being unable to discuss the topic.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The reason we elected leaders in the first place.

To make decisions we don't want to.

We elect leaders to make decisions we don't want to make? I think there's more to it than that, but maybe you see it differently

In any case - he is our commander and chief - and one would hope he understood that whether or not things go well, he alone is responsible for making that decision that nobody else wants to make:

Seventy-two years later, perhaps we should play Taps for the notion that the buck stops on the president’s desk. In an interview with Fox & Friends Tuesday, President Donald Trump refused to accept responsibility for the risky special operations raid in Yemen earlier this month that resulted in the death of Navy SEAL Chief Petty Officer William “Ryan” Owens.

Never mind the fact that Trump personally approved and ordered this flawed raid; never mind the fact that he personally signaled during his campaign that he wanted to order more aggressive counterterrorism actions like this. When things went bad, it was the fault of the military — not Trump.

“This was a mission that was started before I got here. This was something they wanted to do,” Trump said. “They came to me, they explained what they wanted to do ― the generals ― who are very respected, my generals are the most respected that we’ve had in many decades, I believe. And they lost Ryan.”

But hey keep on taking those pot shots at the president.

Is that what we're doing - picking on the president? For every little thing? Like not owning the responsibility that comes with his totally awsome position?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Obama would have given the go ahead if he were president on January 29. In war there are casualties. It is not avoidable.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join