It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) Disproves the Existence of Paranormal?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak
a reply to: havok

Cool stuff, right? I would actually be very intrigued to have them carry out this experiment in the LHC, if possible. I'm very curious what they would detect.

Sounds like a great plot for a sci-fi/horror/thriller. *blows dust off keyboard & cracks knuckles*

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
You know what, never mind... Lol. This is just hilarious to me.
edit on 25-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: SaturnFX

Well as an eyewitness to a full on blue/white ectoplasmic apparition of a woman in hospital myself I would suggest the hypothesis so far is based on a very limited spectrum of knowledge and perception now I don't know whether it was a spiritual entity,a photographic memory that occurred under certain conditions or something supernatural/demonic but I was sane and sober when I saw it.

I never seen anything, but I have experienced some very profound...things that is best described as a ghost. stereos turning on when asking specifically for a stereo to turn on as a sign most pointedly (twice).
I dont know what a "ghost' is or what its makeup is..doesn't make sense to me unless we are living in a video game world and the "ghost" is the actual user behind the avatar (my bland pet theory that everyone else considered anyhow)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth

What is hilarious? Are you going to give an opinion? I'm not necessarily for or against Cox's opinions. I just thought it was an interesting point of view and wanted to discuss it here. Do you have any input?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth

What is hilarious? Are you going to give an opinion? I'm not necessarily for or against Cox's opinions. I just thought it was an interesting point of view and wanted to discuss it here. Do you have any input?
I don't buy it. I seriously doubt that anything that might would continue on after death would adhere to the laws of physical form unless he's arguing that consciousness is physical. If that's the case, he'd better hop on that and prove it...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

This is assuming that spirits can't exist without giving off physical energy signatures, which is ignorant. Our physical 3-dimensional world is not the center of reality. Spirits aren't forced to adhere to physical rules.

So why do "ghost hunters" uses a multitude of devices in their attempts to find ghosts?

This is the point trying to be made here

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Seems he has never heard of Entanglement. Maybe he should look into the Pauli effect.

en.wikipedia.org...

This person will because he do not want to, fail to create a model of information exchange on a quantum scale that reaches enough size to even reach consciousness.

And he will choose not understand the objective to subjective degradation problem that can explain how information is degraded when pushed thru a human brain based on how the individual brain has information chemically stored even when you have a perfect information exchange within the cell/cells.

But then this kind of lack of knowledge/going where the data leads is not stopping the Chinese. The Chinese are pushing forward where western science have lagged behind.

edit on 25-2-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

The LHC is based on a Theory. Ghosts are based on a Theory. The basic theory is that Spirits are Energy of a deceased person. The LHC is looking for subatomic particles that may or may not exist only found in Mathematics. The two fields are not related.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker

The lowdown of the article is renowned physicist Brian Cox claims that the lack of any physical evidence being detected by the highly sensitive Large Hadron Collider disproves the existence of ghosts.

This is right up atheist alley. If you can't find God, then you can't find ghost etc. I would assume the existence of Gods and ghosts would be beyond particle detecting machinery, man made theories....

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Ridiculous. There are things science cannot explain and this is one of them. Don't get me wrong, I love science, but it is fallible like everything else.

I have seen some s*** that would make your hair curl. There are things we are not supposed to know about and, again, this is one of them.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Well that would depend entirely on what constitutes a ghost he's assuming that its energy that's generated by the body what if what we are when we think of us is actually the frequency of energy that is generated by our body then it doesn't require any of the energy that's generated by body to continue on and anyway cuz any source that generates that same frequency will in essence capture our spirit

jaden

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Technically, you are looking at ghosts whenever you stargaze.

Is your future already decided? New theory of time suggests that the past, present AND future co-exist in the universe

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Just more speculation without real proof. Maybe he watches CNN too much.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I agree - limited spectrum of knowledge. When you have experienced something paranormal you can't really describe it even when you are 100% certain you experienced it. If you try to describe it you sound crazy. That doesn't change that you know for a fact that you experienced it. If a modern day Einstein had a paranormal experience we might get some real answers. His/her brain would work through the experience until a solid testable theory was developed. a reply to: khnum

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I am really disappointed in Cox and what he says. He is a scientist who is presumed to set up scientific experiments based on very specific considerations. The planning, construction, and operation of the LHC is purely to study the interaction of particles and energy (and various combinations thereof). The LHC was never designed or operated to answer the questions of anything paranormal, such as ghosts. So, why should we expect that to be answered?

Furthermore, the area of measurements taken by the LHC is incredibly small. Cox is assuming that at least once (or perhaps every time?) that ghosts have interacted with the experiment. This assumption is asinine. (It seems a bit to me like putting a telescope in a remote area of Australia, making it a restricted no-fly zone, and expecting to see airplanes in the photos that the telescope collects).

Fine, they haven't found anything proving ghosts. Fine, he still doesn't believe in ghosts because of that. But the rest of his claim/"explanation" seems like a pile of brown stuff. (FWIW, I'm very skeptical of things myself, but nothing he said makes me believe ghosts are not real).

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

And yet if Brian Cox accepts the Standard Model, then he must also admit he can't explain what 26.8% of the matter in the Universe is, and what 68.3% of the energy in the Universe is.

So don't you think it's a bit of a stretch to claim there is no such thing as ghosts just because the LHC can't detect them?

In fact, in the face of the staggering amount of stuff the Standard Model can't explain, that the LHC is supposed to have explained by now, it's an unavoidable truth that so far the largest most complicated machine ever built by mankind is an overwhelming failure.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
To attempt to explain to some who do not believe in spirit energy that ghost, spirits, souls - inter dimensional energy exist,
1 would think is equally as exhausting as explaining to the same group think that something Created the pre-elements that made elements after the professed big bang...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Cannot Vatican hidden data confirm easily?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: phatkhat

The simultaneous "time" theory has actually been around for quite some "time." Heh.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
Um the LHC is a vacuum as empty as interstellar space it would seem like a dumb place to hunt for a ghost

Exactly what I was thinking.

Would actually like to see Brian Cox bring his expertise to the paranormal field. Skeptics are great - and needed, if there's ever going to be credible proof on the subject. As for the OP's quote from the Infinite Monkey Show, I understand that he said this, but I'm not sure this is exactly what Cox was trying to say:

And seeing as we've made high precision measurements of the ways that particles interact, then my assertion is there can be no such thing as an energy source that's driving our bodies."

This assertion seems to refute life itself. I think Cox was saying "nothing paranormal is happening in the LHC that we can detect."

That said, if a spirit ever finds itself with the opportunity, I hope it tries to make a point of visiting.

Great post, OP.

edit on 25 2 2017 by TheFatefulDay because: Cox's comment

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join