It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katy Perry Is a Truther (Chained to the Rhythm Music Video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
It's hard to believe that anyone who campaigned for Hillary Clinton could be doing good in the world, but I believe Katy Perry is. The song "Chained To The Rhythm" becomes especially meaningful when you put it in the context of the music video. I think it will wake a lot of people up.

This music video reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode. I love things like this that make people think about their lives.

www.youtube.com...

Alex Jones jumped on the song in his typical fashion.

Released earlier today, the pop star’s Chained to the Rhythm track features lyrics by reggae singer Skip Marley that include the lines, “We’re stumbling, we’re crumbling, and we’re about to riot / They woke up, they woke up the lions.”

Elsewhere, the lyrics make reference to “liars” and the “empire,” clearly placing it in a political context.

NEW KATY PERRY SONG ENCOURAGES ANTI-TRUMP RIOTS

There is no question that this song is political.

Last week, Katy Perry performed her new single, “Chained to the Rhythm,” at the Grammy Awards. Dressed in white sneakers, a white blazer with black lapels, and a white armband emblazoned with a pink-sequined “persist,” Perry bopped around in front of a reflective picket fence. “Chained to the Rhythm” sounds like a lackadaisical party anthem, something to nod along to while lounging in a hammock drinking a fluorescent beverage out of a novelty straw, which is to say, it sounds like Katy Perry. But the lyrics have an agenda: “Trapped in our white picket fence/ like ornaments/ so comfortable, we’re living in a bubble, bubble/ so comfortable, we cannot see the trouble, trouble.” The end of the performance amplified this dissonance, as the set became a giant projection of the Constitution, while Perry posed triumphantly in front of the words “We the People” and barked, “No hate!”

What’s a Celebrity to Do in the Age of Trump?

edit on 25-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

She's such a great gal:

"If the Illuminati exist, I would like to be invited," Perry told Rolling Stone. "I see all that s**t and I’m like: 'Come on, let me in! I want to be in the club.'"

www.independent.co.uk...

www.rollingstone.com...

She's probably already in it and her programming is making her say these things.

That video is creepy, not sure if I read the OP correctly, in your opinion may I please ask how this video does any good for the world? Not trying to be difficult but I just don't see it. Everyone interprets music and videos differently though.
edit on 25-2-2017 by Mikehawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mikehawk
That video is creepy, not sure if I read the OP correctly, in your opinion may I please ask how this video does any good for the world? Not trying to be difficult but I just don't see it. Everyone interprets music and videos differently though.

I see it as a metaphor for modern life. I think it's kind of an updated version of THX 1138. These things never make a difference in the big picture, but that film had a big impact on my worldview.

Conceived by Lucas as a metaphor for the culture wars of its time, "THX 1138" is set in an underground, dystopian society of the future—a sterile world run by an omnipresent government committed to efficiency and control at any price.

THX 1138

www.youtube.com...

George Lucas said that everything in that film was metaphorical for something that was a part of American culture in the 1960s. The fact that a message like that is preserved for all generations afterward is incredible, and I believe the new Katy Perry song and her new music video are small examples of the same thing.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mikehawk

She's saying people in the world are oblivious like zombies.. it's all ok in their bubble with their rose colored glasses on..
love, the american dream, the show the rythm keeps us from seeing the truth.

She is pretty mainstream or was, I have no idea I don't follow that stuff, but I think for the first time in a long time I'm going to have to agree with profusion. This could shock some people who just sort of dance to her music, oneday one of the lyrics will stick out or if they see the video with the theme park called "oblivia" representing the ride we are on.. Might make them go huh?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Yah, shes hot. Nice turn for her to actually develop a video that reflects on the rhythm of modern life. Like living (trapped) in a fair, the 'rides' are 'impossible', everything plastic and fleeting, except that circular treadmill ride.

Good song, nice video. I doubt she'll change her rhythm much, shes securely trapped in the fame and fortune cycle accrued from that treadmill.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Give Me A Break, she would not have made that if Hillary won , clearly an Anti Trump message. Had Hillary won it would have been some uplifting hopeful song and video about how great everything is.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Yah, shes hot. Nice turn for her to actually develop a video that reflects on the rhythm of modern life. Like living (trapped) in a fair, the 'rides' are 'impossible', everything plastic and fleeting, except that circular treadmill ride.

Good song, nice video. I doubt she'll change her rhythm much, shes securely trapped in the fame and fortune cycle accrued from that treadmill.

That's a great analysis. I loved the "American Dream Drop" ride most. Couples get in a little house and get pulled far into the air then they all come crashing down together. That is a perfect metaphor for American life (the planned booms and busts in finance, etc.).

Just two years ago Katy Perry was celebrating the oblivious way of living that she's now condemning. Just compare the following music video to the one for "Chained to the Rhythm." It could be that Katy Perry has matured, or it could all be part of slick marketing. With Perry tying her new music into an anti-Trump campaign, it will get her a lot of free publicity and consequently new fans.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Katy Perry and every other mainstream "musician" does not write or contribute creatively to pretty much anything they are involved with. They may be on the credits, but the industry follows the "write a word, get a third" philosophy where all you have to do is change one tiny little thing and you get put on the credits.

This song was written by Max Martin, a very, very established songwriter.

The song and video are interesting. I personally like the video with the hamster more because it literally shows a hidden hand controlling things (much like how there are hidden people controlling the music industry).

I think mainstream pop music has an agenda (orchestrated by the elite) and perhaps that agenda is shifting, hence this Katy Perry song.

Whatever is happening probably isn't good. If you believe this song is a positive change then the elite have clearly accomplished their mission.

edit on 25-2-2017 by primespickle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

originally posted by: intrptr

Just two years ago Katy Perry was celebrating the oblivious way of living that she's now condemning. Just compare the following music video to the one for "Chained to the Rhythm." It could be that Katy Perry has matured, or it could all be part of slick marketing. With Perry tying her new music into an anti-Trump campaign, it will get her a lot of free publicity and consequently new fans.

www.youtube.com...
OK, so I guess the REAL question is where do you stand? I am not going to address whether she has done a 360 or not because truthfully, I don't know. However, do you support bubblism and obliviousness? Too many speak out of both sides of their mouth. Where do YOU stand?
edit on 25-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: Added comment

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: primespickle
If you believe this song is a positive change then the elite have clearly accomplished their mission.

The song and the music video have already had a positive impact on my life. I see a lot of ideas in them that I've never seen before. If you're going to claim that this song and music video will have a negative impact, just claiming it isn't enough. You need to specify what the negative impact will be and how it will happen. Following that, you need to show evidence that you're right.

"Chained to the Rhythm" has the following writers:

Katy Perry, Max Martin, Sia Furler, Ali Payami, Skip Marley

I know almost nothing about them. Can you give us evidence that any of them have a nefarious agenda? Can you give us a good reason to believe there's a nefarious agenda behind "Chained to the Rhythm"?

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
OK, so I guess the REAL question is where do you stand? I am not going to address whether she has done a 360 or not because truthfully, I don't know. However, do you support bubblism and obliviousness?

I don't support that at all. At the same time, I believe we all need to have fun. I happen to like that song as a silly statement about having fun. I like to live vicariously through pop music. I'm nothing like that song, so I get a chance to experience what it's like to live like that through the song. I pretty much believe in "to everything there is a season"...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Lemme Know when they are ready to die in the streets until then

I shall have cheese with thy whine.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Because KP writes her own lyrics?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Fantastic video, decent catchy tune, and Katy is georgous..whats not to like.

As far as deeper meaning, well, it is a pretty old message. Hell, anyone remember Barbie from Aqua?

A lot less doom and gloom but similar message of living in some fake plastic world with synthetic joy, etc...

It would be a fun thread to post all the "woke" type songs/videos throughout the ages by famous people that people overall passed off as just bubblegum

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Katy Perry is an attention starved fame whore that offers bull# for teens and young adults to numb their minds with. This song encourages the mind to stay in obliviousness, not wake up from it. Perhaps she should have performed with Steve Marley, and actually explained the concept of Mind Control to her audience, instead of promoting another version of it with that song.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Its a cool track, and the video is brilliant.

Very powerful entrance by Skip Marley; "Time is ticking for the empire"

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

It would be a fun thread to post all the "woke" type songs/videos throughout the ages by famous people that people overall passed off as just bubblegum

Here is one more

www.youtube.com...
edit on 25/2/2017 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
sooo easy ... uh

KP wasn't blonde huh Kanye Well shure wasn't a blonde but became before blonde visiting Trump.

Sooo... then KP starts making hint like 'we are not out of the woods' in a interview.. Well Ke$ha was in those woods and Taloy swift donate quite a lot to tear her out of the claws of Dr Lucas.

1 This tells me that a lot of stars are 'Chained to the rythm' and actually want to speak out.
2 Watch out for stars that suddenly become blond their programming is cracking it's a sign.
3 Something tells me there will be a lot of changes in the music industry this year , maybe Beavis and butthead come back

And something tells me that KP wants to speak out . I really love her music but I hate her subluminal pizza crap.

Dig even deeper and you'll find the roots of scientology (again)....

edit on 2252017 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
It's hard to believe that anyone who campaigned for Hillary Clinton could be doing good in the world, but I believe Katy Perry is. The song "Chained To The Rhythm" becomes especially meaningful when you put it in the context of the music video. I think it will wake a lot of people up.

Yup, politically driven music.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

That is an interesting outlook.

I felt like the producer of that video was mocking the masses who are still asleep.

I'm glad you were able to find positive things within that video. For me it was full of symbolism which illustrates what others in this thread have also pointed out. People are oblivious. The lyrics are weird and don't go with the video in my opinion (in some parts).

I have always seen the music industry as a tool of the elite. Too many crazy things happening right in the open. The real voices of a generation are suicided or assassinated much of the time. John Lennon and Tupac are two examples, Michael Jackson is a whole other thread in itself.

There is a lot of evidence that Katy Perry is into the occult or that she is at least oblivious to the fact that they are using her to express their agenda. They love to flaunt their symbolism and her albums and videos are full of it.

Not everyone believes in the people behind the scenes who are into some very vile things, but I am convinced that they are the ones putting this stuff out.

My ex used to love her music, I would always point out the occult references and she would ignore it even though she was a christian extremist lol. That video is so true, many people are perfectly comfortable in their fake bubble. I guess it is a good thing. Imagine if everyone realized all at once thad the world is effed up...

edit on 25-2-2017 by Mikehawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

What annoying drivel from yet another mindless liberal member of the collective hive.
Like I said before anti Trump junk, and had Hillary won she would have wrote some great uplifting song. I am so sick of hearing these celebrities drone on and on about how tough their life is and just needing to take a break. Please Katy, you "worked for 2 years and needed a break"? Those of us that bust our butts everyday and never get the break you celebs get don't want to hear it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join