It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender Boy Wins in First Round of Girls Wrestling Tournament

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Since at least 50% of Americans have said that Transgender is the next discriminatory class we need to focus on I think that physical gender females just need to suck it up and deal with it. You can't say that we need to give this group all rights under discrimination identification and then dictate what they can and can not do.

The people have spoken so your little girl needs to understand she will lose...and agree with it....

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Since at least 50% of Americans have said that Transgender is the next discriminatory class we need to focus on I think that physical gender females just need to suck it up and deal with it. You can't say that we need to give this group all rights under discrimination identification and then dictate what they can and can not do.

The people have spoken so your little girl needs to understand she will lose...and agree with it....

Why don't you link what ever you're referring to ? Or is that your opinion?

So instead of letting a boy like Mack compete against other boys, you'd rather just have all girls "lose"?

Sure, sounds reasonable.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: ketsuko

You "shouldn't" have said anything other than what you said. You said what you said. And, I'm sorry, you were speaking specifically about the matter under discussion. I found your reference more than a bit dehumanizing, but that's my opinion and a minor point.

You're dictating to other people; that's the point. Title IX was under revision, at least in it's interpretation under the last administration to incorporate a greater cultural understanding of variant gender identities. Obviously, that's being reversed at the moment.

Regarding this matter, Mack is receiving treatment for something his body is lacking, a medically accepted treatment that attempts to bring his testosterone levels to a compatible level with other boys his age.

Arm chair experts here pretending to be endocrinologists. I say, with his physician's approval, let Mack, a boy, wrestle other boys.

A girl taking a fake version of testosterone is not a transboy receiving proper medical treatment. You're at the old false equivalency tactics again.

You have issues. Fine. That doesn't mean that society at large should have issues. To my mind, Mack is a boy. He wants to compete against other boys as long as he has his doctor's approval that he is fit, let him wrestle.

It's ludicrous (and indeed unfair) to make him wrestle girls because of his birth certificate.

Beginning, middle end of story, notably, in my opinion.

No one in any athletic competition should be allowed to take steroids, men or women.

MMA just went through a very tough time with this. Athletes claimed to have low testosterone levels then were allowed to take testosterone to boost their levels to "normal". Of course, that's very easy to cheat. And it was cheated.

Vitor Belfort's body was lacking testosterone too

The result:

Before/ After

Performance enhancement on doctor prescribed steroids:

(Amazing knockouts)

MMA learned its lesson and now no one is allowed to take anabolic steroids anymore. If you have a medical condition that requires you to take anabolic steroids, you either deal with being sick or you're not allowed to compete at all.

That's how it should be.

No one should be allowed to take steroids in sports.
edit on 2/26/17 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

edit on 26-2-2017 by Abysha because: Nah...

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

So instead of letting a boy like Mack compete against other boys, you'd rather just have all girls "lose"?

Sure, sounds reasonable.

The correct viewpoint is for anyone taking anabolic steroids to not be allowed to compete against men or women. Like I said in my above post, MMA just learned this lesson the hard way.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

How much do you know about treatments for FTM transfolk?

Also, of course, the difference here is that we're talking about adult male athletes finding a way to juice ... and a teenage boy just looking to compete as a boy with other boys instead of being forced BY LAW to compete against girls.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: RedDragon
MMA just went through a very tough time with this. Athletes claimed to have low testosterone levels then were allowed to take testosterone to boost their levels to "normal". Of course, that's very easy to cheat. And it was cheated.

The result:

Before/ After

So... if I'm seeing this correctly, it turned a drunk into Jesus?

Pretty much. He was world champion/ greatest of all time level on steroids for his medical condition. Immediately after MMA banned steroids for people with medical conditions, he started getting knocked out every fight and he's about to be forced into retirement.

Steroids are performance enhancing drugs. No one should be allowed to take them and compete in sports. If you have to take anabolic steroids for your health, you shouldn't be allowed to compete at all.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

How much do you know about treatments for FTM transfolk?

Also, of course, the difference here is that we're talking about adult male athletes finding a way to juice ... and a teenage boy just looking to compete as a boy with other boys instead of being forced BY LAW to compete against girls.

They weren't finding a way to juice. They were just taking a medicine to return their testosterone levels back to normal, replacing something their body was lacking. :rolleyes:

The entire point is that it's easy to cheat and so it shouldn't be allowed at all. Vitor Belfort's testosterone treatments were verified as only boosting his testosterone to normal levels by his doctor.

This is a real-world example of why no one should be allowed to take steroids for medical reasons and compete in sports. You have 8 pages of people saying that it might be possible for people to cheat with this. Lots of people were denying it. Here's proof.

No one taking steroids should be allowed to compete in sports, period.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Sure, sounds reasonable.

The correct viewpoint is for anyone taking anabolic steroids to not be allowed to compete against men or women. Like I said in my above post, MMA just learned this lesson the hard way.

What you are expressing is your opinion, and as I said above, you're not making a legitimate comparison.

Also, why should transkids undergoing approved medical treatment be unfairly kept from competitive sports? Believe me, they need all the confidence building support they can get, and athletic competition is a great way to find that.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Sure, sounds reasonable.

What you are expressing is your opinion, and as I said above, you're not making a legitimate comparison.

Also, why should transkids undergoing approved medical treatment be unfairly kept from competitive sports? Believe me, they need all the confidence building support they can get, and athletic competition is a great way to find that.

:rolleyes: Feelings shouldn't dictate whether people are allowed to take steroids in sports.

Vitor Belfort was undergoing an approved medical treatment too.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

A mature adult male using testosterone is not the same in any way as a pubescent transboy using testosterone.

IT is a real-world example, but you're overgeneralizing. The two situations are not the same. They're not even really comparable.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

A mature adult male using testosterone is not the same in any way as a pubescent transboy using testosterone.

IT is a real-world example, but you're overgeneralizing. The two situations are not the same. They're not even really comparable.

A mature adult using testosterone to replace his levels to normal male testosterone levels is exactly the same as a pubescent transboy using testosterone. Both are only taking levels to normal.

Except when they don't.

And then the entire sport's legitimacy is ruined and it becomes a laughingstock, though you get cool knockouts.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Keep rolling your eyes.

We're not talkign about feelings, we're talking about medical science.

Your example is that an adult man using testosterone replacement is exactly the same as a transgender boy using testosterone theapy.

They are fundamentally different, and if you think a minute, you'll know why.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Keep rolling your eyes.

We're not talkign about feelings, we're talking about medical science.

Your example is that an adult man using testosterone replacement is exactly the same as a transgender boy using testosterone theapy.

They are fundamentally different, and if you think a minute, you'll know why.

Vitor Belfort was taking testosterone for his low testosterone levels. He had a legitimate medical condition that required medical treatment. It's backed up by medical science. Just ask him.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

No, it's not exactly the same, and as I said, it's not really even comparable.

One is to enhance a fully developed body, the other is to curtail the development of certain characteristics and promote the development of others.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I don't doubt that Mr. Belfort legitimately used testosterone treatments, but he's not a seventeen year old transboy.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

No, it's not exactly the same, and as I said, it's not really even comparable.

One is to enhance a fully developed body, the other is to curtail the development of certain characteristics and promote the development of others.

Vitor Belfort wasn't taking testosterone to enhance a fully developed body. He was taking testosterone to raise his levels to normal so that his body could function normally.
Low testosterone is a legitimate medical problem.

The problem is that it's easy for anyone to abuse that and cheat. A transboy could abuse it too and then the entire sport is ruined just so that one person can compete.

You risk destroying the entire sport for one person.

No one should be allowed to take steroids. If you have to take steroids for a medical condition, you need to deal with being sick or you shouldn't be allowed to compete at all.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Why do you keep referring to the girl as a boy?

She's 100% girl, but wants to be a boy. She's taking drugs to look more like a boy. Drugs are not allowed in sports.

There is no magic drug that actually turns a girl into a boy. I don't see why she is being allowed to compete against anyone.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

A transboy could use testosterone treatment to cheat, but under the care of a physician, T levels are carefully monitored ... so it seems very unlikely that a transboy under the care of a physician would be cheating.

If he was, the record would be right there.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutonomousMeatPuppet
a reply to: Gryphon66

Why do you keep referring to the girl as a boy?

She's 100% girl, but wants to be a boy. She's taking drugs to look more like a boy. Drugs are not allowed in sports.

There is no magic drug that actually turns a girl into a boy. I don't see why she is being allowed to compete against anyone.

Because a transboy is a boy. Testosterone therapy applied during puberty is not merely cosmetic.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join