It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spicer says to expect federal enforcement of marijuana laws.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Sean Spicer gave an ominous warning to the marijuana industry.

President Donald Trump's press secretary, Sean Spicer, just gave an ominous warning to the burgeoning US marijuana industry, saying that there will be "greater enforcement" of federal laws.

"I think that's a question for the Department of Justice — I do believe that you'll see greater enforcement of it [marijuana]," Spicer said, responding to a question regarding the state-federal conflict of marijuana laws.

"There's a big difference between medical use... and recreational use, which is something the Department of Justice will be further looking into," Spicer said.

It would seem that as promised, there will be a federal crack down on states that have legalized marijuana.

I say as promised because Trump's pick for attorney general, Jeff Sessions, has been a vocal opponent of marijuana.

But looks like they'll leave medical marijuana alone (time to see your doc again).

And here I was thinking that we need to instruct our public servants to decriminalize firearm owners who may also be users of recreational marijuana.

Dont think thats going to happen anytime soon.

edit on 23-2-2017 by gladtobehere because: typo

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The Trump supporters will be by shortly to tell us all why this thing they previously said wouldn't happen is the best thing that could possibly happen.

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Just another example of how this administration is going to set us back at least 10 years and turn good people into criminals in the process .
edit on 23-2-2017 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2017 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

What an unfortunate waste of federal resources and tax dollars this will be. I'd be curious to know how many people working in the current administration own stock on privatized prisons creating potential conflicts of interest.

+23 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

What about States' Rights?

"We should let the States decide."

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

It would seem that as promised, there will be a federal crack down on states that have legalized marijuana.

Who what when where?

Stop making things up. Neither candidate promised a federal crack down on state legislated 'legal marijuana.'

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Spicer further made a dubious connection between recreational marijuana and the opioid addiction crisis that's "blossoming" in a number of states.

Never mind it's a fact that opiate use decreases in places with recreational cannabis. But hey, who cares about facts.

When is America supposed to start getting great again?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

"I think that's a question for the Department of Justice — I do believe that you'll see greater enforcement of it [marijuana]," Spicer said, responding to a question regarding the state-federal conflict of marijuana laws.

"There's a big difference between medical use... and recreational use, which is something the Department of Justice will be further looking into[," Spicer said.

You took two vague sentences from the press sec and you are equating that to a war on marijuana? Seriously?

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
Just another example of how this administration is going to set us back at least 10 years and turn good people into criminals in the process .

OMG - - I so feel like I am in a Time Machine speeding backwards.

I still don't get how anyone can support Trump.

+24 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Doesn't matter, it's a states rights issue.

Actually him trying to crack down is what will spawn a SCOTUS Case that will finally force the Fed gov to let states do as they please and to remove MJ as a schedule 1.

So good, I hope he does push it as far as he wants to. It'll be a cold day in hell when Colorado gives up billions in tax revenue cause the GOP think they know what's best for everybody.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

This is the problem. Trump is in deep with pharma, they have his ear. Drops in sales are a problem.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Let me get this straight.

Transgender bathroom issues are a states rights thing, but marijuana is not.

Got it.

Linky for reading

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I agree this was implied by the OP but there is new information out now so let us hope it is taken into consideration.

I have never used it but I was hoping it would be legalized or at least small amounts decriminalized. Too many ending up with long prison sentence which ruin the rest of their life more than marijuana would.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

OMG - - I so feel like I am in a Time Machine speeding backwards.

I still don't get how anyone can support Trump.

This is what happens when amateurs reincorporate old Egyptian deities for "kiks."

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

it does matter. bigly.
the feds can still swoop in a bust things up in legal dispensaries.
its happened in california.

legal at the state level but not a federal means that people are still going to be subjected to pre employment and random screens so yeah it does matter.

this needs to be legal at the federal level.
i thought we were making progress towards it but then cheeto comes in to play and takes us back to the 50's

fantastic

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

What about States' Rights?

"We should let the States decide."

The states are well within their rights to enforce state laws. That means arresting federal employees working at the behest of the federal government. So long as it doesn't constitute state to state commerce, it shouldn't be any of their business.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

What an unfortunate waste of federal resources and tax dollars this will be. I'd be curious to know how many people working in the current administration own stock on privatized prisons creating potential conflicts of interest.

They also announced the roll back of a plan to get rid of private prisons today.
thehill.com...

Coincidence?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

They also announced the roll back of a plan to get rid of private prisons today.
thehill.com...

Coincidence?

Removing private prisons is a wonderful thing.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
dea raids montana legal medical dispensary

cannabisnow.com...

dea raids in california

www.medicaljane.com...

dea raids in washington

www.seattletimes.com...

its bull#.
this is 1 reason why legal at state level dont work. the feds can and do come in and bust it up.

medical marijuana is legal in my state but that basically gives me freedom from prosecution at this point. if i want to have a job and support my family i can not enjoy what is medically legal even though i have a qualifying condition. i am still subject to employer drug tests and even with my condition and a medical card i can be fired.

needs to be legal at the federal level

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: underwerks

thehill.com...

Coincidence?

Removing private prisons is a wonderful thing.

I agree. Which is why it's a bad thing that the Trump admin is throwing out the plan to get rid of them. Maybe you misunderstood my post.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join