It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spicer says to expect federal enforcement of marijuana laws.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: TinySickTears

argue it as much as you want. the raids have happened before and they will happen again.

There hasn't been a single raid on one dispensary in a state that voted for recreational marijuana.

ok. cool.
youve responded to 1 part of what i was talking about.
how about responding to the other. ive asked multiple times...just a couple posts up from this.

why do you keep ignoring it

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Just in case there's anyone who doubts Sessions stance on cannabis:

“I think one of [Obama's] great failures, it's obvious to me, is his lax treatment in comments on marijuana,” Sessions said at the hearing. “It reverses 20 years almost of hostility to drugs that began really when Nancy Reagan started ‘Just Say No.’ ”

He added that lawmakers and leaders in government needed to foster “knowledge that this drug is dangerous, you cannot play with it, it is not funny, it’s not something to laugh about . . . and to send that message with clarity that good people don’t smoke marijuana.”

Sessions’s anti-pot positions have been consistent throughout his career. As far back as 1986, he joked that he thought the Ku Klux Klan “was okay until I found out they smoked pot,”

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Misleading.

Spicer actually said he has little to no power to enforce anything or even speak on the issue.

It is the jurisdiction of the DOJ.

Spicer has no control over or official statement from DOJ, as clearly stated in the linked article in the original post.
edit on 23-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

if it is only legal at the state level then people with qualifying medical conditions risk losing their jobs if they want to take their medicine. this is not right. how do you feel about this?

Depends on the condition, the job, and the state. Duh.

if a person has a prescription for vicodin or percocet for pain they do not have to choose between pain relief and their job. medical marijuana users do in all the medically legal states.

Also not true.

There have been some cases where a private citizen sued their company that fired them for testing positive for marijuana, even though they were legally prescribed it.

One that comes to mind involved a physically disabled man who was fired from his job at a call center because he tested positive for cannabis in a state where he has a legally obtained medical prescription. I think that's wrong.

But there is absolutely nothing that has come from this administration so far that would suggest that things are about to get worse for marijuana.

All you have is your fake outrage and your not-even-witty remarks about the POTUS.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Monger

originally posted by: bluesjr
a reply to: bluesjrYou seem to be thinking Spicer's comments are golden but don't believe a word Trump says.

If Spicer values his job, then he's not saying anything from the podium that isn't 100% the platform of the administration. Do you think Spicer is going into business for himself on this issue?

No, that is a good point. But I do think he was making a very general statement that will in no way get realized in states that have legalized it. There might be issues in states that have not legalized it for recreational use. But again I think it will be a states decision and really can't see it going any other way. Watch how many states legalize it in 2018 and 2020. This is a wave that cannot be stopped.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
edit cause there was a reply.
better read it

edit on 23-2-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

edit on 2/23/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Is that image fake, or what??

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

if it is only legal at the state level then people with qualifying medical conditions risk losing their jobs if they want to take their medicine. this is not right. how do you feel about this?

Depends on the condition, the job, and the state. Duh.

if a person has a prescription for vicodin or percocet for pain they do not have to choose between pain relief and their job. medical marijuana users do in all the medically legal states.

Also not true.

There have been some cases where a private citizen sued their company that fired them for testing positive for marijuana, even though they were legally prescribed it.

One that comes to mind involved a physically disabled man who was fired from his job at a call center because he tested positive for cannabis in a state where he has a legally obtained medical prescription. I think that's wrong.

But there is absolutely nothing that has come from this administration so far that would suggest that things are about to get worse for marijuana.

Absolutely nothing at all. Except the words and views of the people in the administration.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Absolutely nothing at all. Except the words and views of the people in the administration.

Show me Trump's words on the issue.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

i said qualifying condition. the job or the state does not matter.

in the states where it is legal medically a legal medical user can still lose his job for testing positive.

oh but we can sue so that makes it ok....christ man

a person that takes vicodin legally does not lose their job and does not have to sue.

it is medicine and should be treated as such but it is not and it wont be till it is legal at the federal level.

things may not get worse but i have seen nothing to hint it will get better either

this is yet another issue we should be progressive on but we wont.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Sean Spicer gave an ominous warning to the marijuana industry.

President Donald Trump's press secretary, Sean Spicer, just gave an ominous warning to the burgeoning US marijuana industry, saying that there will be "greater enforcement" of federal laws.

"I think that's a question for the Department of Justice — I do believe that you'll see greater enforcement of it [marijuana]," Spicer said, responding to a question regarding the state-federal conflict of marijuana laws.

"There's a big difference between medical use... and recreational use, which is something the Department of Justice will be further looking into," Spicer said.

Going by that actual quote there, couldn't that just mean that they'll be going after interstate smuggling (as in by Mexican drug cartels), and not actually reference the intrastate medical industry?

Well that wouldn't piss of liberals if the headline was spun that way, would it??

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

the job or the state does not matter.

But I thought it was a state's rights issue?

And what if the job involves operating heavy machinery?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Thank God you're around to interpret the administration's words like the Torah. Otherwise we might never know what they really meant to say.
edit on 2/23/2017 by Monger because: clarify

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Show me Trump's words on the issue.

Which time? The time you're thinking about where he said he'd leave it up to the states, or in June 2015 when he said he was against it?

Trump took varying positions on marijuana during his campaign for president. He said during remarks in June 2015 that legal recreational use was "bad," adding he felt "strongly about it."

Or how about the official stance from the White House today that marijuana enforcement is about to ramp up?
www.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Monger

Oh yea... I mean... Baruch Hashem

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Which time? The time you're thinking about where he said he'd leave it up to the states, or in June 2015 when he said he was against it?

Are you serious?

He said during remarks in June 2015 that legal recreational use was "bad,"

So the one word 'bad' means that the whole marijuana industry is going to topple?

Get over yourself.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'm triggered by the stupidity level of this thread.

This is one big anti-Trump circle jerk, there's no productive discussion here.

edit on 2/23/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Are you serious?

He said during remarks in June 2015 that legal recreational use was "bad,"

So the one word 'bad' means that the whole marijuana industry is going to topple?

Get over yourself.

Completely serious. You said show his words, and I did. You're arguing completely against the facts.

Do you or do you not agree that the release from the white house today is the thoughts of this administration?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Trump said that he thought legal marijuana was quote:

bad

And you want to make a federal case out of it, when he clearly advocated the enforcement of state's rights when it came to cannabis.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join