It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spicer says to expect federal enforcement of marijuana laws.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Monger
Cool. I look forward to your post when it happens. And the lack of a UN response about it being in violation of international law.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I mean it. I want to be wrong about this.

link   

Sessions also said he echoes the position former attorney general Loretta Lynch took during her confirmation hearings. Lynch said then she did not support the legalization of marijuana and that it would not be the position of her justice department to do so.

But because he has an R next to his name it's fascist right?
Obama raided more medical marijuana facilities than Bush so before you all freak out and think you'll lose your job or society will be set back 10 years. Remember this is business as usual.

I think this was Sessions trying to nudge congress to act and legalize in on a national level.
But what do I know me and my sources have been right about 80% of the time during the last 6 months.
Predicted Trump would win the election and the left would lose it's integrity last year and was laughed at.
Yet here we are...

link   

originally posted by: Monger
a reply to: bluesjr

You're looking for consistency in Trump's words and actions?

You can only go by the most recent thing he's said. The guy sometimes contradicts himself in the same sentence, spare me.

Let's not degrade this topic down to your personal opinions of Trump. You seem to be thinking Spicer's comments are golden but don't believe a word Trump says. I'm trying to reason through the economic and social aspects of them trying to rollback to the previous decades ways. I'm 100% sure that this will become a states right issue.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: ColdWisdom

the things that did happen are going to continue to happen.
you go ahead and blame obama for what happened in the past. i will blame cheeto face for what will continue to happen under his administration

Ok would it be ok to call Obama chocolate face? And wow you are comparing an 8 year administration to what? One of weeks?
edit on 23-2-2017 by Logarock because: n

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Freedom.

This is a odd thing to make a big deal out of.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Obama was born with his skin colour. Obviously you can call anybody anything you want, but don't #ing try and equate a man's actual skin colour with a pigment he gets himself sprayed with for vanity reasons. Jesus #ing Christ almighty.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: TinySickTears

legal at state level gives people freedom from prosecution but that is about it.
dispensaries can still be raided and people can still lose their jobs for taking their medicine

How many dispensaries in Colorado have been raided since 4/20/2014?

You.

Are.

Wrong.

Stop fear mongering.

what about california
what about washington

the # happens.

my point that i will make yet again is that until it is legal at the federal level even legal medical uses risk their jobs if they take their legally prescribed medicine.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
Let me get this straight.

Transgender bathroom issues are a states rights thing, but marijuana is not.

Got it.

Linky for reading

Came here to say this. I've generally supported Trump, but he is dead wrong on this.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Don't forget to cite a source for your claim that Sessions supported the death penalty for marijuana convictions.

We all know it's crap.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

What about Washington?

How many dispensaries were raided in Washington after they legalized recreational marijuana?

There's a common theme here. Do you see it?

edit on 2/23/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesjr
a reply to: bluesjrYou seem to be thinking Spicer's comments are golden but don't believe a word Trump says.

If Spicer values his job, then he's not saying anything from the podium that isn't 100% the platform of the administration. Do you think Spicer is going into business for himself on this issue?
edit on 2/23/2017 by Monger because: formatting

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I posted sources, more than one. Feel free to have a look for yourself. Or just keep saying it's not true, we're in the post-truth era after all.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Monger

I posted sources, more than one. Feel free to have a look for yourself. Or just keep saying it's not true, we're in the post-truth era after all.

WHERE?

Sessions Vows No Death Penalty For Cannabis Traffickers

edit on 2/23/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

icensed medical marijuana dispensaries in the 23 states where medicinal cannabis is legal and Washington DC are operating in a tricky gray zone. On one hand, the states recognize cannabis as a legal medical substance. On the other, cannabis is listed under the federal Controlled Substances Act as a drug with “no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse”. As such, small, legal dispensaries can be wiped out by a single visit from law enforcement. “Under federal law – whether medical or not – it’s contraband,” says Lowry.

argue it as much as you want. the raids have happened before and they will happen again.

medical users can not take their legally prescribed medicine if they want to keep their job

what say you to that? anythng?

this is the problem.
needs to be legal at the federal level but that is clearly not going to happen under the fuhrer

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

argue it as much as you want. the raids have happened before and they will happen again.

There hasn't been a single raid on one dispensary in a state that voted for recreational marijuana.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: gladtobehere

What about States' Rights?

"We should let the States decide."

Only on bathroom bills

link   

Page 2 of this thread, a few posts after you asked for a source. Have a look.

Don't make this about pizzagate.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Don't forget to cite a source for your claim that Sessions supported the death penalty for marijuana convictions.

We all know it's crap.

[When Sen. Patrick Leahy asked him about his past support for imposing mandatory death sentences on people twice convicted of dealing marijuana, Sessions smiled and claimed to have a foggy memory.

Link to article

He said it and played dumb about saying it.

link   

i woul like for you to address the point i am making. the raids are just 1 potential issue

i will say it again for like 20th time

if it is only legal at the state level then people with qualifying medical conditions risk losing their jobs if they want to take their medicine. this is not right. how do you feel about this?

if a person has a prescription for vicodin or percocet for pain they do not have to choose between pain relief and their job. medical marijuana users do in all the medically legal states.

do you have an opinion on this

link   

There hasn't been a single raid on one dispensary in a state that voted for recreational marijuana.

Yet.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join