It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Michigan Racists Demand Segregated No-Whites Allowed Spaces

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
www.thecollegefix.com...

A student activist group at the University of Michigan is demanding campus officials provide them with “a permanent designated space on central campus for Black students and students of color to organize and do social justice work.”

The demand is one of several lodged by “Students4Justice,” who this month ratcheted up campus demonstrations to pressure administrators to cave, complaining in a newly launched petition that President Mark Schlissel has snubbed their demands.

Leaders of “Students4Justice” did not respond to requests from The College Fix seeking comment. Campus spokesman Rick Fitzgerald told The Fix that at “this point, our colleagues in Student Life have been working with the Students4Justice leaders to better understand their concerns. This is our normal process.”

The demands caught the attention of the Michigan Review, an independent student news outlet which first reported on the issue — and criticized it.

“The same organization that criticizes the University for failing to create ‘an environment that engages in diversity, equity and inclusion,’ is calling upon the University to undermine these ideals by facilitating a sort of de facto segregation? One where space and resources are designated for students based solely on the color of their skin?” the Review wrote.

“To advocate for the ideals of diversity, equity and inclusion, while simultaneously calling upon the University to sanction these spaces on campus is both unprincipled and laughably regressive,” it added.

And here we see more mainstreaming of anti-white racism. This is a real problem. These Universities are churning our generations of people who think hating and discriminating against whites is the right thing to do. I'd like some so called "progressives" to chime in and explain why racism is a good thing when directed toward whites. I think we all know the response will be to rationalize their hatred by claiming only whites can be racist.

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
First they come for the whiteboards,

and I did not speak..........

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

a permanent designated space on central campus for Black students and students of color to organize and do social justice work

oh the irony!

Looks like they will be conspiring to commit injustice against white people.

I wonder if they are submitting their demands to white officials...

edit on 4539x6745America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago2 by six67seven because: i did it!!!!

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

a permanent designated space on central campus for Black students and students of color to organize and do social justice work

oh the irony!

Yes they want a place to strategize on how to marginalize and dehumanize white people.

+23 more 
link   
And yet its white people who are racist according to these people.

This is racial discrimination pure and simple, those asking for this need to "check their privilege" and those defending it need a hard slap to the back of the head

+9 more 
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

This is hypocritical, Students4justice, what a catchy name, but behind the scene they are nothing but racist themselves.

Safe spaces my arse, this nothing but veiled racism.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

that's what I thought about, having read the thread yesterday about MSU.

I am starting to get embarrassed for my state.

Hey college students: Shut up and go to class. You have it pretty damn easy right now.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I thought the courts had struck down the "equal but separate" arguments in education a long time ago.

You know, like back in the 1960's along with the passage of the "Civil Rights Act".

If this ruling applied to the Jim Crow laws back then, surely it should apply to similar circumstances today. If one group can discriminate, so can any other. Then we all go back to square one.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

My niece was planning on attending this college.....NOT ANYMORE! I just shared this article with my brother! lmao

I hope Federal funding is cut to these fake colleges and their anti American propaganda.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I did chuckle at the mental image I got from this line.

"do social justice work"

A bunch of SJW's scurrying frantically around a re-purposed janitorial closet doing what needs to be done to save humanity.

"Meanwhile, at the social justice leagues headquarters...."

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind

I thought the courts had struck down the "equal but separate" arguments in education a long time ago.

You know, like back in the 1960's along with the passage of the "Civil Rights Act".

If this ruling applied to the Jim Crow laws back then, surely it should apply to similar circumstances today. If one group can discriminate, so can any other. Then we all go back to square one.

Oh, so they also need to re-take 7th grade history...lol

Students4Justice...everyone is laughing at YOU!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Well before you get so outraged maybe you should wait and see how far this gets. It won't get far.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I find myself shaking my head almost every day with so many ridiculous things going on all over the place. I think schools at every level should probably teach kids how to be real productive and caring individuals and that hate gets them nowhere but into trouble.

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Why stop there? I say we bring back separate bathrooms, drinking fountains, entrances....hell, why not just go back to separate schools and universities? Then you won't have to mingle with any of the whites.

Martin Luther King would be so disappointed in our country...

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
Well before you get so outraged maybe you should wait and see how far this gets. It won't get far.

In order to be outraged, one has to take the situation seriously...

This is pure laughter for me.

Outrage is reserved for SJWs and progressives.

edit on 3456x6734America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago2 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

It's already happening at some universities. Along with events called "ending whiteness" which have become popular across the country.

It's pure laughter for me.

Outrage is reserved for SJWs and progressives.

Fast forward 20 years and whites are 2nd class citizens. Still laughing?
edit on 23-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Isn't it special? Not long ago we had different bathrooms and water fountains because that's what the white people wanted- But now we're regressing back to that state of mind because it's what the black people want.

Watching this country die over my lifetime is so disheartening.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Colleges, universities used to be institutions of higher learning.

Colleges and universities used to have standards. There used to be application processes that only allowed the best and the brightest to enter.

Now?

SMH

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind

Oh, so they also need to re-take 7th grade history...lol

Students4Justice...everyone is laughing at YOU!!!

I have noticed a BIG difference between taking a class and learning what was taught in the class.
I don't think simply re-taking a class will help them any. Maybe these people just need a crash course in reality.

Something best learned at the handle end of a pick and shovel.
edit on 23-2-2017 by tinymind because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Maybe your link took me to a different article via technology magic. But besides the clickbait headline, can you tell me where in the article it says that the space will be a "no-whites" zone?

ETA: I withdraw my question actually. It's just good ol' fashioned propaganda with your coffee. Next time, just link to your personal blog. It'll have about as much credibility.
edit on 23-2-2017 by MrSensible because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join