It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leave Donald Trump's business alone.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

He's not forcing or coercing anyone to go to Mar a Lago. I don't see any legal issues.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: greenman4

He's not forcing or coercing anyone to go to Mar a Lago. I don't see any legal issues.

Then you are blind.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Bad argument. Police officers and doctors and teachers and firefighters are all office holders of profit or trust since they take a salary (i.e. profit) and have taken an oath of office. The president is no different from any of them when it comes to the emolument clause.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I am increasingly enjoying asking this question...

Since y'all think what he is doing is illegal why is it nobody is pressing charges?
edit on 20-2-2017 by Noncents because: Correction!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

To be frank, Mar a Lago is a club of several hundred billionaires. They are club members before Donald Trump started running for president.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: greenman4

He should have taken a salary and completely shut down all his business ventures.

But this is Trump. Soon to be the second president with the moniker honest.

Ahhh yes Honest Trump. It almost rolls off the tongue right through the vomit.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

It is not possible for him to sell all those property. If it were stock, yeah he could easily sell. Property is different because no one else want to buy them and manage them.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents
I am increasing enjoying asking this question...

Since y'all think what he is doing is illegal why is it nobody is pressing charges?

Since the government isn't, actually, there should be a class action. The more he goes to mar a lago, the more he makes money. The more time he spends time in Manhattan, the more he makes money. Taxpayer money. The government pays his businesses. This is insane. He will come out of the presidency billions ahead.

And he looks at classified documents and talks about a North Korean missile launch from a cell phone over candlelight dinner in a restaurant with people's cell phones to give more light.

Good question as to why no one is pressing charges.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I want to yell at you. Move this to the mudpit, so I can yell at you and trump. Otherwise I'm done. This is in the wrong forum.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Do you have any proof he makes money when he goes to Mar a Lago?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Ultron, cutiepies, man404, residentgood, is that you?!?

Same tone and demeanor except went from spamming mud pit to now rants?

I know that's you!!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I'm allowed freedom of speech. You are allowed to rant. I'm allowed to rant.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I knew it, my intuition never fails me..

I told you last time already why don't you tell a mod you are serious and want to stay? Why do they keep deleting your accounts ????

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It's a good question because it's not illegal but people don't understand that. Look up the law.

The Situation

The conflicts of interest law-which carries federal criminal penalties-avoids those issues by exempting the President and Vice President from its provisions.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

I'm curious. All federal employees like police, firefighters, doctors, nurses, teachers, soldiers, congress men and women have personal businesses such as stock, which may or may not be managed by them. If conflict of interest is concerned, millions of federal employees would be in the same boat as the president, no?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I have no clue, man. I haven't looked into how that works for federal employees. I only know about the conflict of interest law because when people first started whining about that and the emoluments clause I looked them up in relation to the president.

I do know that congress' staff and the jobs you mentioned are not exempted from that law though, congress members themselves are exempt too.

edit on 20-2-2017 by Noncents because: Correction!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: greenman4
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I'm allowed freedom of speech. You are allowed to rant. I'm allowed to rant.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean sh*t here though. You don't own this site and they call all the shots. There is no such thing as Freedom of speech here. It's a privilege that can be taken away or censored at the will of ATS management.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Oh my bad, i guess I overlooked the "job killing rule" for our environment. What a dumb mistake I made. Or how bout the mining companies pay to have the debris removed and stored properly. But I will follow your argument and use it against you. The deregulation just stole some jobs from those that do the disposal of hazardous material. And the only reason companies use Chinese steel is to save money for head dogs. Just let that sink in a bit. Also a little insight into business if you raise prices and produce less you still male the same profit and can make it seem like you are hurting.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Shill? Bit rich, ain't it?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join