It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened when factory jobs moved from Warren, Ohio, to Juarez, Mexico

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: olaru12

How is telling corporations to stop making so much and keep jobs in America trickle down economics?

You can tell corps anything you want but they only listen to market forces and that's determined by the global market place.

Read Bloomberg and educate yourself, why don't ya...

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

You claimed Trump was using trickle down economics. So now you admit he isn't?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

It's here.

corporate oligarchy,

And I would agree with you if any one but Trump was the figure head. All we can do now is wait and see.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

If a tariff is applied what would you call this?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

You claimed Trump was using trickle down economics. So now you admit he isn't?

It will be trickle down in the US with Trump pissing on your leg, telling you it's raining....that's right, lets just wait and see....

www.thebalance.com...
edit on 19-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

So back to you explaining how Trump telling them to make less and give more to the middle class is trickle down. I will wait for you to move those goalposts again.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

So back to you explaining how Trump telling them to make less and give more to the middle class is trickle down. I will wait for you to move those goalposts again.

Trump can't tell corporations Jack $h!t. They will tell congress how to operate and they will listen. Ps...they can do this without lobbyist.

Do you actually think they are going to change the tax code to impinge on corporate profits? Not #UC*In likely...

Of course Trump will come out campaign style and tell you how things are getting better for you...and wall street is laughing and doing a happy dance as their profits increase, the cost of living increases and WE still take it in the rear end.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

The only thing that will do the trick is a tariff system. This is a scary thing. Corp Capitalism seeks profits at all costs and it will find a way to exploit a tariff.

Are delphi products more affordable, or is the stock valuation better?

If this isn't taken care of legislatively, then the SJW's (silly name) will have to take this on. But it will be for reals-ees.

tariff system?....who do you think will pay that?....not shareholders, nor out of the corporate warnings.....the end user will pay, as they have for decades. they simply raise "retail" prices

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Are you sure?

Where did you get that info?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
At a minimum, our manufacturing capacity needs to be able to supply the equipment and supplies required by our military to defend the United States and it's interests. I've read in several places that we can't currently do that.

If that's correct, it's a problem, a national security problem and it needs to be fixed. It shouldn't be considered optional.

As far as tariffs go, I think we should use them. But I think a great deal of care needs to be used in their use. Enough for us to return to a higher rate of manufacturing employment, that employment at a decent wage, and not so much that we end up in an avoidable full scale trade war.

Manufacturing can't simply be written off and those who do so are irresponsible and foolish.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

It's here.

corporate oligarchy,

And I would agree with you if any one but Trump was the figure head. All we can do now is wait and see.

really?.....he and his families own products with the trump name on them, are manufactured overseas. and how many of his "workers" that are on the trump payroll make minimum wage? but, apparently to his voters, he has a magic wand.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

I agree with your points.

I think there is an obvious need to protect out manufacturing. This also protects 3rd world countries from what is the worst that capitalism offers.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

So if Ford and Chevy both sell the similar product for $30k, and Chevy is hit for $10k in tariffs, you think they will simply sell the vehicle for $40k and people will buy it?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

When your competition does it with no repercussions you have to do it too. Those days appear to be over.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

.....he and his families own products with the trump name on them, are manufactured overseas. and how many of his "workers" that are on the trump payroll make minimum wage? but, apparently to his voters, he has a magic wand.

I think people in business understand that we sometimes make business decisions that we feel that the business climate/environment compels us to make, decisions that we wouldn't make if not compelled to do so. We supported Trump fully aware that he made similar decisions. Our hope is that he can change the business environment enough that those kinds of decisions aren't necessary or are at least not as compelling. Magical wands never entered our thinking.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

If chevy and ford are selling the cars, one made in Mexico and one in the US, shouldn't one cost less?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Carrier was and is a profitable business. The decision was made to make more profits, not to be profitable.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

This also protects 3rd world countries from what is the worst that capitalism offers.

Yeah, I was a little taken back by how low their standard of living was portrayed in the article even after the re-location of the plant and the "new" jobs.

That was not my expectation and its troubling.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I worked at a multi national. They had truckers come up from Mexico using the NAFTA highway. They said workers literally lived behind the state of the art plants in cardboard and tin shanty towns.
But profits are good.

The media is ignoring this, wonder why?
edit on 19-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Are you sure?

Where did you get that info?

it's not hidden or private information, google is your friend.....I've worked in retail management for 9 years, and computer networking systems for over 11 years. do you honestly think that corporate boards and CEO's are going to demand investors "pay tariff charges out of their stock dividends"?....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join