It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dalai Lama : Too Many Refugees in Europe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

"When we look into the face of every single refugee, especially the children and women, we can feel their suffering," said the Tibetan spiritual leader, who has himself lived in exile for over half a century. "A human being who is a bit more fortunate has the duty to help them. On the other hand, there are too many now," he said, according to the German translation of the interview in the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung. "Europe, for example Germany, cannot become an Arab country," he added with a laugh, the daily reported. "Germany is Germany. "There are so many that in practice it becomes difficult."

TimesOfIndia (Source)

I felt this was a good response to what Pope Francis has recently said regarding muslims not being terrorists. Pope Francis: ‘Muslim Terrorism Does Not Exist’

The Dalai Lama goes on to say

“The goal should be that they return and help rebuild their countries.”

Some ideologies simply do not blend. I've known muslims, known them well. Cared about them, and thought highly of them. But, their methods for raising children are not acceptable as a means of raising my own daughter. But I digress, this is about the fact that we have our homes, and they have their homes. We need to stop bombing each other and be good neighbors by helping each other rebuild.

They need to go home.

edit on 18-2-2017 by FHomerK because: Because of small furry critters

edit on 18-2-2017 by FHomerK because: Because Allstate will repair my car after said critter scurries up my leg and bites my ningnang

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

Let's make it safe for us to go in and build them some homes, for a fee of course.

Hope they got beer.

Then again, I don't think the Dalai Lama is keen on other nations planning grand construction schemes in other nations... Like Tibet, China?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

A fee? No.

A share of their oil? Yes.

We were wrong in taking out Saddam Hussein. We very intentionally destabilized a successful, middle class nation. We owe it to them to go in and provide support and guidance in rebuilding. In turn, we should all share the benefits of resources.

I genuinely believe that to move forward, the only path is doing so hand in hand. We need to do it as a singular front. A singular momentum, for all of mankind.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

He said refugees should be admitted temporarily and then return to rebuild their countries.

He also had this to say:

They are Muslim individuals and small groups who kill each other in their own countries. Shiites, Sunnis. They do not represent all Islam and not all Muslims. Love is the core message of every religion, also in Islam. There are also evil people among the Buddhists , the Christians , the Jews and the Hindus. Only on the basis of a few sad events from a small number of Muslims, we should not condemn the entire Muslim world.

The article is from May 31, 2016. Most of the interview was concerned with his own refugee status and if he will ever return home.

Franlfurter Allgemeine

edit on 18-2-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I do not think there are to many refugees, there are to many toss bags jumping on the bandwagon that are simple Migrants that are attempting to use loop holes to gain access to the west..

Pakistan,Eritrea,Ghana,Morocco,Somalia,Nigeria to name a few would not have people that could be classed as refugees yet that does not stop them being clumped in with "true" refugees and that in turn just makes the matter of helping the real people in need so much harder..

"No speak English, no passport, oh I'm a refugee btw from (insert country Syria maybe??"..

Migrants are not f#ckkng refugees, kick the illegal #e out give help to the people that do need it, if you want to come to the west then do it legally not via a dishonest backdoor..

RA

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK

Some ideologies simply do not blend.

That was DEFINITELY NOT the Dalai Lama's message.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Has he been called a racist, xenophobic, bigot yet?

Did he check his privilege?
edit on 18-2-2017 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Actually I'm more interested in preserving their culture and history, it's a travesty what's happening to the heritage in Syria and beyond, really thought humans were over such stupidity.

But each to their own. I fully agree though, a unified front with a common goal.

I'm fond of the idea of a Kurdistan too.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

Has he been called a racist, xenophobic, bigot yet?

Did he check his privilege?

No, but I am sure you have.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I take it as badge of honor from people of your ilk.

It means they have lost the argument and resort to name calling in face of the truth.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

No, that was my own.

It was my comment. You know, what we're supposed to do here?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Speaking of Buddhist aggression, I was reading this the other day.

Myanmar atrocities

Wasn't tillI finished reading I noticed it was Breitbart. Anyways, it's ongoing and bad. Very bad.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

The Dalai Lama said one thing. I agreed with it. I added my own comment.

It seems to me that you're tilting at windmills.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
there are too few refugees in affluent islamic countries - why ?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
www.freepanchenlama.org...
Gendun Choekyi Nyima

edit on 18-2-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Just think of the principal's that the U.S. at least thrives on in terms of housing and class divide. I grew up in a historically significant area of our Country... it's birth place in fact. I have a deep connection to wanting to help rebuild the area, and help assist in bringing it back to its former beauty. I mention this because, I witness those with the financial resources move about a county away... entire groups of people moving away from their ancestors and history to evade the necessary clean up that involves community involvement.

I know this is not a subject of class divide, but is one of immigration. But, my point is... immigration typically only affects the poor sectors. Those of wealth do not typically have the same path of resistance to live where they choose in the world.

So, if the system is already set up to divide wealth and the standards around wealth, then it may be in poor budgeting practices and society integration standards to import a large volume of people to simply fall into the cracks of the system that will certainly fall into the under funded spectrum.

I do not wish for anyone to go home, but I agree with The Dalai Lama. Instead I wish for all to come together with the neighbors that they reside by now... that they know are different, but will persist in working towards a unified goal. Once the landscape of how we treat each other is healed, then we can get back to healing outside our borders.

Immigration to the U.S. in current times, I relate to a family going through a divorce where the kids are seeing the parents battling it out... custody and past choices and what not. Then add in bringing in a foreign exchange student for 6 months while all this is going on. Is it really a wise decision to allow foreign new comers to immediately be forced to live around a cancerous divorce situation?

I also think that input comes from isolating immigrants that are reforming family bonds, as compared to immigrants with no previous affiliations with the country being immigrated to.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Well like you say if we bomb them they will come.

Refugees that is.

As to Muslims i grew up and went to school with plenty of people of that particular denomination.

My secondary school was proportioned around half Christian half Muslim and i have to say as a general rule of thumb our differing ideologies were not that much of a problem.

We got on just fine people sharing rather more similarity than difference.

Should probobly add Muslim households differ as much as any other meaning so do there methods in raising children.

So how do you know whether or not there methods would be synonymous with your own?

They don't need to go home they need to stop being demonized. And people need to come to the realization that there are fundamentalists xenophobes in all religious.
edit on 18-2-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

He has been called those things and worse before, yes. Do I think he's any of those? Certainly not. However, you asked, so I answered. There have been several things leveled against him. Unsubstantiated, but, shrug, eh, right?
edit on 18-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
westerners don't get that multi-culturalism and diversity is actually really risky and dangerous, it requires a balance and excess immigration can tip the balance too far, no balance and people start to get aggressive and try to assert their beliefs and opinions.

even if people like to deny it power and outer appearance is everything in human society.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Easier said than done. Why doesn't the Dalai Lama return home? To do so would be perpetuating the violence they're wishing to get away from.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join