It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM angry over the fact that they where not called on at Trump Pressers.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
www.businessinsider.com...

Trump's big press conference with Justin Trudeau was missing a question about the elephant in the room...

But despite the story's [about Flynn] front-page treatment in newspapers like The Post, The New York Times, and The Wall Street Journal, the American journalists Trump called on during his joint press conference with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau did not confront Trump about the national security adviser.

Jennifer Epstein @jeneps
At 2 pressers in 4 days, Trump exclusively called on conservative news orgs that did not ask about Flynn. Reporters shouted Qs just now.
2:43 PM - 13 Feb 2017

Following the joint press conference between benjamin netanyahu and trump NPR spent time criticizing the fact that Trump did not call on MSM reports that wanted to ask him about Flynn. They echoed the tweet by Jennifer Epstein [above] that Trump has had 3 pressers now and has not taken question about Flynn.

Their conclusion was that Trump, by nit taking these questions, was thwarting the free press in the US, and that his actions are a travesty.

I have an issue with this line of thinking; these three pressconferences all had specific agendas. For example today's conference was about US/Israeli relations. What gives the MSM the right to derail this important topic of conversation by changing the topic to something else (in this case Flynn)?

Now by no means am I saying the Flynn topic is not important; just that it was not the reason for the press conference. The Flynn story is getting plenty of coverage, why can't the MSM supply the American people with other also important information?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
So freedom of the press is crunched by a president denying people to ask questions about a totally different subject than the press is in the room for? What would your professor in college or teacher in school do if you were trying to ask questions irrevelent to what he was discussing? What would your boss at work do if you were discussing politics when you are supposed to be doing your job.

Like Dave says, you don't start destroying the reason for the press conference, keep on topic reporters.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It was glorious watching Trump's joint press conference with the prime minister of Israel, where he again did not give a single question to any of the mainstream media.

Wonderful thing to witness. No more monopoly

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
It was glorious watching Trump's joint press conference with the prime minister of Israel, where he again did not give a single question to any of the mainstream media.

Oh, darn, I missed it. Did Trump shake his hand till it fell off?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
My question is: Why does Trump even need to be asked? Is it not possible to draw your own conclusions?

Trump's no dummy. He knows the press is going to draw its own conclusions whether he takes the question or doesn't.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DaveButts

Their conclusion was that Trump, by nit taking these questions, was thwarting the free press in the US, and that his actions are a travesty.

I agree with that conclusion , he's the president so he's open to be questioned by all accredited journalists and the event.

He's dodging the tough questions because he's scared to answer them , questions like if Flynn had lost the Presidents confidence as his press team said why did he speak in such glowing terms about him and continue his spat with the Intelligence service , like how come if he knew about this weeks ago why did he appoint him.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

That's why they are considered "fake news".

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Nikola014

Oh, darn, I missed it. Did Trump shake his hand till it fell off?

I laugh at these handshakes, good fun.

Interesting to note his hands look normal sized with everyone so far, and he appears to have more grip strength than everyone and is enjoying crushing hands very much.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

The main stream media can suck it!

They are not trusted, they are not reliable, they are partisan, biased, a part of the democrat party and they suck.

Get over yourselves, media. You suck.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

They are not relevent to the proceedings. I am glad he didn't take them.

Accredited? Thanks for the chuckle.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I hope he goes the full 4-8 years without taking a single question from the mainstream press.

In regards to this:

Jennifer Epstein @jeneps At 2 pressers in 4 days, Trump exclusively called on conservative news orgs that did not ask about Flynn. Reporters shouted Qs just now. 2:43 PM - 13 Feb 2017

Those shouting should be removed from the room. Apparently incapable of acting in a civil, respectable manner.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Spicer answers those questions until a general press conference. You dont go derailing threads on ATS or in real life.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

They are not relevent to the proceedings. I am glad he didn't take them

I see , don't question El Presidente , got it.

Accredited? Thanks for the chuckle.

You're welcome.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Good. This is a valuable lesson to learn. Don't trash a candidate just because you think he can't win. I wouldn't answer their baited questions anyways until they stopped reporting fake news.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Let them ask their questions on their Fake News channels and news sites!

Then they can answer their own questions, because that's what they do to Trump anyway. They ask him a question, then interpret it or represent the answer using their own spin.

So why bother.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I hope he goes the full 4-8 years without taking a single question from the mainstream press.

I doubt he'll go the full 12 months before Impeachment , currently he's 4/1 on with the bookies.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I agree with that conclusion , he's the president so he's open to be questioned by all accredited journalists and the event.

He's dodging the tough questions because he's scared to answer them , questions like if Flynn had lost the Presidents confidence as his press team said why did he speak in such glowing terms about him and continue his spat with the Intelligence service , like how come if he knew about this weeks ago why did he appoint him.

Those are neither tough questions, nor accredited journalists. You and a handful of others like you are the only ones who are obsessed enough to care about such questions. Let's get on with the real stuff.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Ohanka

I doubt he'll go the full 12 months before Impeachment , currently he's 4/1 on with the bookies.

So? Most bookies gave favourable odds to Hillary, and the less said about Brexit the better.

When Trump doesn't get impeached the bookies keep all the bet money. Seems like a sweet deal.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

You and a handful of others like you are the only ones who are obsessed enough to care about such questions.Let's get on with the real stuff.

Thanks that gave me a laugh.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Bravo president Trump!

<<   2 >>

join