It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

787-10 rollout Friday

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

edit on 2/17/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/17/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The 787-10 took off at about 0930 Eastern this morning. The flight was scheduled to last as long as 4-5 hours.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Found a video

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Caught some of this on Twitter there's some lovely pictures of it on their account. Gorgeous plane hope to fly on one.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barnalby
a reply to: penroc3

Forget being in the middle of the middle. Try keeping your lunch in one of the far window seats, 30 feet off centerline, during any sort of roll activity (in which your vertical distance traveled will be measured in "feet").

Why not put all the cargo outboard, and have two decks of passengers in the centerline?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

I'm gonna head up to Washington this summer to try to catch the Mitsubishi MRJ at Moses Lake. Hopefully they'll have moved at least one of these to Seattle and we can catch it too.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I'm gonna head up to Washington this summer to try to catch the Mitsubishi MRJ at Moses Lake. Hopefully they'll have moved at least one of these to Seattle and we can catch it too.

Jealous my only way of seeing them will be at the airport unfortunately. I'd love to do the Boeing factory tour in my lifetime but with just having bought a house that won't be happening for a while.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

It's worth it. Sadly the 747 line will end soon. That's part of the fun of the tour.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It's worth it. Sadly the 747 line will end soon. That's part of the fun of the tour.
I've seen the factory on the discovery channel. I suspect it's the factory equivalent of when I went to New York and spent the 1st 2days just looking up as everything was massive.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Also its such a shame that production is ending on the 747 that the was first plane I flew a long haul trip on when I was about 11. I was even allowed into the cockpit during the flight which was amazing. The 777 had just come into service on that trip as we flew on it on the second half of the journey into Perth from Kuala Lumpur.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Just witnessed my first 787 test flight over the Myrtle Beach area. Amazing how good those aircraft look in the clouds with a clean white paint job. What really shocked me was how quiet it was. From the front and the rear there was no audible sound, could be something going on with the wind or atmosphere between us but it's a calm day and I couldn't hear the 787 flying around 500 ft.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Caughtlurking

Some of it is wind effects, but those new engines are a lot quieter. The geared turbofan is even quieter.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I get tons of MD and 757 traffic along with a good amount of Spirit A320s over me all the time and the 787 was more like a glider than one of it's other big bus cousins.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

You should look up the media flight on the Bombardier CSeries. Talk about quiet. Even at almost full power on takeoff, inside the cabin you can barely hear it.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Beautiful plane. Love the wingtips. Very sleek looking.

Id love a window seat. I like the motion of the aircraft banking. Just dont put me in the middle isle with a bunch of rug rats on either side crawling all over me like the last time i was on a dc10 (in 1997) ever since then ive been like never again a middle isle.

Wait...hold on....penrocs familiy owns a private jet!?! He penroc buddy old pall...my best friend...you think you could give me a ride from los angeles to brisbane?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I'm sure anxiety will be an issue with those seats.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

All it needs is a poop chute.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Yeah that's quiet. Take off and landing it's completely stable and theirs hardly any change in the sound level in the cabin. Their is also very little wing flex or cabin movement going on with that aircraft.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Knowing airlines they'll give you a bag and remove the toilets.

saving money.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Oh God don't give Ryanair any more ideas

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join