It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What book(s) would improve my mind in the paranormal?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

As far as I know you are born with abilities,

Being "born" with abilities is "one" of the "five" distinct ways.

The five ways were recorded by an ancient scribe in the text "Yoga Sutras of Patanjali"

e.g.

Part Four on Realizations

4.1 Psychic powers arise by birth, drugs, incantations, purificatory acts or concentrated insight.

-- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali

So they are:
[1] birth, being born with the ability, and automatically experiencing them naturally

[2] drugs, herbs from certain plants known to induce psychic states, the path of the shaman

[3] incantations, or mantras, or prayers, or verses in scripture, or rhythmic sounds, vocal repetitions

[4] purificatory acts, or austerities, restraints, sensory deprivation,

[5] concentration, meditation, yogic contemplation

If you're born with the ability, then one of the other methods can simply awaken your inner ability more quickly.

However, according to eastern tradition, only #5, yogic concentration enables a person to have full control over these abilities.

With birth, you sort of experience psychic things, without knowing how or why things happen. With drugs you become dependent on this external tool or crutch to enter the state of mind. With mantras or prayers it's hit and miss depending on various environmental factors. With austerities, things simply "happen to you" without any control whatsoever over these psychic events.

Only with yogic concentration, can a person turn on and off the psychic powers at will, and control the outcomes completely, without being dependent on any external props, crutches, or chemical dependencies.

edit on 12-2-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
A book of matches, sturdy pocket knife and an excursion to gather appropriate herbs.
You might find an appropriate ritual in a book, but an experienced guide is much better.
The methods of the ancients are a bit more expedient and direct than mere books.

ganjoa

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Where do I look into about methods of the ancients?

Can you recommend a few books?

a reply to: ganjoa

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: gell1234
Where do I look into about methods of the ancients?

Can you recommend a few books?

a reply to: ganjoa

Don't you have two or three threads already asking this same question in a different manner?

Then you keep asking the same questions repeatedly.....

How many different threads are you going to write asking the same thing?
edit on 2/12/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Meditation will definetly help you 'tune in' your abilities. You will need to get acquainted with astrology. Psychic abilities increase or decrease based on the cycle of the moon and such. Well, thats my hypothesis at least, and it seems to be accurate.
Im currently studying the effects of Astrology on paranormal activity, actually just started a thread the other day on it.
Im clair-audiant. I wasnt born with this ability, but seemed to have gained it after an NDE 8 years ago. It seems to come and go as it pleases. Ive been working on controling it for years. It took me at least 2 years to actually accept what I thought I was hearing.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Several threads ago I posted a link to the entire works of the Golden Dawn.

You can take a horse to water...

OP - isn't Morloch helping you any more?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: gell1234

All by Terence Mckenna,

The shining ones from, Philip Gardiner is really entertaining,

And of course Lovecraft! To learn how to dream..

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The Kybalion

KybalionPDF

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

the threads and questions will continue till they get the answer they want

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
We're not on the same side.

a reply to: berenike

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I'd recommend "Hostage to the Devil" but Father Martin. Specifically the chapter about the guy who lost his mind because he opened himself up to the paranormal. I'd also search here on ATS "I opened my 3rd eye and I regret it". Honestly from my time on ATS and researching this stuff it rarely works out well for people. If you're truly serious I'd recommend meditating for the next five years and if you're still interested then start looking further. I'm sorry if I'm judging but I've seen too many people ask this stuff and it's not like asking what work outs should I do to lose weight.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Can anyone recommend a GOOD book for clairaudience/telepathy? A how to guide not a history of or an 'about' book.

It's also where I would like to start along with the other book advised.
edit on 13-2-2017 by gell1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Trust me, Clairaudience isn't all it's cracked up to be, I picked it up like a virus 2 years ago after messing with EVP for a short time

I'm still trying to shut it down, I say if you don't hear voices....it's probably not a good idea to intentionally set out to try and hear voices.

It's not something that you can just turn off like a light switch

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Then what is the ability to hear people's thoughts?

a reply to: jerseyguy77

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I don't know, I never experienced anything like that, I just hear these same voices that I heard on my EVP recordings from 2 years ago, they have not left since, they are always there.....I've gotten to where I can block them out during the day, when I'm busy, at work, etc...but they are still a problem for me at night

they use background noise to project their voices, so if I'm near say a fan, or anything that generates a steady, clean noise, I'll hear their voices coming over the noise louder and it's harder to block out

but they also get right up in my ears when I'm trying to sleep and I'll hear them, even if it's quiet

I never heard anyone else's thoughts, but I'll tell you this much, these EVP spirits/entities can hear our thoughts, see them to, they're always commenting on things I'm just thinking....it's seriously intrusive and unsettling but I've grown desensitized to it after 2 years

but yeah, at least with me, clairaudience has been a nightmare, I didn't seek out to get it intentionally, it just happened as a side effect of doing EVP too much and really going over my recordings with a good set of head phones to hear deep down into the noise., my hearing has never been the same since.....I get a ringing in my ears a lot to, which has been noted a lot with clairaudience

in the very beginning it was hell because the voices wouldn't stop, it took about 6 months to even begin to be able to block it out, but it's still something I can't completely control all the time

so yeah, it's not all it's cracked up to be...it's essentially similar to schizophrenia in ways sometimes (but many books about it probably don't mention that)

if a more malicious sort of spirit/entity finds out you can hear them then they might mess with you intentionally by using voices, which is what happened to me....I just hear now, I can't control who or what I hear...but it seems I tuned my hearing into those particular entities I was communicating with back when I was doing EVP 2 years ago, some of the voices are the same damn one I was hearing when I was recording

just saying, anything as far as opening up a psychic perception involving hearing and voices is very risky. I've seen a lot of videos on the web that make it sound like it's a great way to speak to your spirit guides but you may also end up hearing these astral terrorist, and they never shut up just to mess with you and try and drive you nuts

edit on 13-2-2017 by jerseyguy77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
That can't be good. Have you ever thought of researching it to find how to stop it?

Does anyone know any GOOD books on telepathy?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
believe me, I've tried a lot of stuff, when this sort attaches, they don't want to leave.

so it's very risky opening up your perceptions because something may come along and hijack them

I can't comment on any other type of psychic perceptions, but I'd recommend staying away from anything involving hearing and voices,

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'd say stop reading garbage about psychics and pick up a science book. Biggest book I'd recommend is a physics book then you would know why your question is silly

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: gell1234

Read my thread of over 300 pages of true stories shared by members here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join