It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High blood pressure, not any more.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

You hit the nail on the head. I too am feeling healthy. I thought I was over the hill, but my daily diet regime and daily walking has changed everything.

My mood is better. I'm getting fresh air and all round feel great.

I'm so glad you are feeling it too.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mangust69

I must admit the new regime is more costly, but the difference I feel is priceless.

I'm not sure the serpent represents the same thing to you and me, but oddly enough I wear a necklace with the sigil of Arch Angel Raphael. Are we on the same page?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Does anyone here know if pickled garlic would have the same benefits, or if the pickling salt would cancel them?

God I loved pickled garlic.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I found this. Hope it helps.

www.quora.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: old_god

When you say whole lemons, do you mean cut up whole lemons?

I will give your recipe a go, thanks, but what ratio of water to 5 lemons?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Okay....so......

celery stalks, check.
fresh lemons, check.
garlic, check.
beer, check.
herb, check.

BP around 128/81 today.
CHECK.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ashflash

Buy real lemons; a bag of them. Take one out, cut it in half. Squeeze the juice out of that half into a glass (not plastic!). Add water and ice. Drink. Refreshing. Good for you.
Eat a couple of celery stalks, too. Freshens your breath, lowers your BP.
Did you know that back in Steampunk (Victorian!) times, celery was served as a prized condiment?

No dinner in the Victorian period was complete without a side of celery. For most of the nineteenth century, celery was perceived as a high-status food and occupied a prominent position on the dining table. From approximately 1830 to 1890, celery was served “in the rough” with the leaves still attached, in a celery vase made of blown or pressed glass.

Source

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Herb

Are we talking parsley?

Good bp reading though. You mentioned before that it had dropped 20 points. So is it an average of 148ish and has it dropped because you're doing the whole regime thing?

Thanks for the interesting snippet. I'm trying to recall a tv programme about Victorian times where something was classed as a status symbol and I'm thinking pineapple. Could be wrong.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Yes it was pineapple.

Apparently they were worth £5000 and if you couldn't afford one you could hire one.

It wasn't eaten though. It was just put on display.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ashflash

Herb

Are we talking parsley?
Catnip, my friend. LOL!! No, seriously: Green tea, chamomile, and other herbal teas...esp. in mixtures. My son got me one called "Mental Claritea." That kind of stuff, ya know.

Good bp reading though. You mentioned before that it had dropped 20 points. So is it an average of 148ish and has it dropped because you're doing the whole regime thing?

Thanks for the interesting snippet. I'm trying to recall a tv programme about Victorian times where something was classed as a status symbol and I'm thinking pineapple. Could be wrong.

Celery was also a delicacy....
edit on 2/15/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: herbAL TEA

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I'm not sure what this is supposed to do, but my lil old aunties did it.

A pint size jar. Fill it with cider vinegar. Take a whole garlic, clean it up, and slice the cloves or leave them whole. Put it in the jar of vinegar and refrigerate.

Everyday take two teaspoons. Not sure. For cholesterol maybe? I wonder if you chopped up some celery and added to it, if it would be a good tonic for b/p? I'm sure its disgusting, but you could hold your nose!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Ah, well at least we cleared that up.

My cats love catnip.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Hi.

I'm going to this today, thank you so much.

I really like the taste of apple cider vinegar. I always have some in the fridge.

My bp today was 126/78, so the regime is working.

The highest my bp has been was 210/115 but used to average 180/99

The last time I had my bp checked at the clinic, it was 155, can't recall bottom number, but that was when I was on the meds.

Just goes to show, doesn't it.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ashflash

I'm so happy you have accomplished this. I have this thread bookmarked in case I ever need to come back to it.

In Good Health!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Thank you. Your so kind and I too wish you well.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ashflash
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Well I do love garlic, but must admit, it would be less hassle to take a supplement.

I did research which to take and today I ordered allimax. They will be here tomorrow and I will be sure to let everyone know if they do as good a job as fresh garlic.

If so, I definitely want to know! I love garlic myself, but they say cooking makes it less effective, so considering the supplement. All sorts of things can be helped with that stuff!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Did you know that the Roman Soldiers used to Rub fresh garlic onto the soles of their feet before embarking on a long March?
Apparently - that's quite a good way of getting it into your system without risking Garlic Breath!! LOL
(True Story that!)

G

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

Did you know that the Roman Soldiers used to Rub fresh garlic onto the soles of their feet before embarking on a long March?
Apparently - that's quite a good way of getting it into your system without risking Garlic Breath!! LOL
(True Story that!)

G

Interesting! Not sure it would matter for breath, though, as you can rub it on your arm, and smell it later on your breath!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

LOL - Yeah!
Apparently it DOES permeate the ENTIRE body when applied that way.
Including the mouth!

Why do I now have an overwhelming urge to rub whisky on my feet?? LOL

BigG

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Lifestyle plays an important role in treating your high blood pressure. If you successfully control your blood pressure with a healthy lifestyle, you might avoid, delay or reduce the need for medication. I discovered about my high blood pressure after I got test in Richmond hospital emergency, frontlineer.com... . Their doctors recommended me to change my lifestyle and exercise regularly.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join