It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High blood pressure, not any more.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ashflash

My father in-law started doing the same thing years ago. He was eating garlic sandwiches and who knows what else. My wife and I would always see garlic skins on the table, lol. One day he told me to pull his car out of the garage. Whew, the entire car smelled like garlic and the steering wheel must have been caked with the stuff because my hands smelled like I soaked them in garlic water!

Hey if it works more power to you!

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Well garlic is good at lowering bp, although I don't think I'm obsessive about it.

Did it work for your father in law.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ashflash
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I must really stress to anyone who wants to lower their bp. Please get a bp monitor. They are worth every penny and that way you know exactly what is working for you.

Thank you for replying, please keep us informed.

I have a monitor. I took it with me to CVS the other day, because I wasn't confident it was reading correctly. It seemed really high..but it was accurate when compared to the 'sit here and put your arm there' thing.

Then again, I took a few days away from my usual routine and home, and it has gone down 20 points....today I had celery and deer-meat goulash for breakfast, curry and fresh-lemon water for lunch, and now I'm done eating for the day. A few beers....then to bed.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Garlic is indeed helpful, and indications are, it can help with other health issues as well. It is, too, available in tablet form, so you can void the raw issue. Cooked is, of course, tastier, but also lessens the effectiveness. Hence, the tablets.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I can't remember, it's been so long when he did it. I'm sure he was doing it for the same reason because he has high blood pressure. I know I've heard or read that garlic does have it's health benefits.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

a reply to: Trueman

What an idiot I am. The clue was in your user name. But, I hope you see the funny side.

I am a woman, but oh boy, did I laugh (with you) I hope, not at you.

Well, I suspected that but let it go anyway. Enjoy your garlic and romance.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
you felt the difference between treatment and healing ? than worse the disease the more expensive they will kill you. can you tell us how much money spent on the so-called medical drugs? compare the prices of garlic. who adds a drop of poison
? who symbolizes the snake? sends your soul in unknown direction

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Great find.

Some of my recommendations:

Perform a bacterial flush at least once a year (see: Himalayan Salt flush) - make sure you use a probiotic afterwards to top up your good bacteria.

Boil 4 or 5 whole lemons in water for 20 minutes or so, allow to cool down slightly then filter the hot water into a mug and drink this once in the morning (and evening if required) - health benefits are outstanding.

Swallow a whole garlic clove in the morning, again has a lot of benefits.

I also regularly drink hot water infused with natural ginger and turmeric and honey.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Mostly just diet change - I started walking a little, but not really enough to lose a lot of weight, mostly just enough to clear my head and feel healthy.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I was prescribed 10mg Amlodipine daily five years ago. My bp was around the 170-180 before medication.

One of the side effects of this drug is swollen feet and legs, which I suffered but, because I have arthritis in my feet and knees, I wrongly thought the pain I was experiencing was due to that.

It got to the point that simply walking was so painful. I was virtually housebound because of it.

Well, a couple of weeks ago, after much research, I decided to dump the medication and try a natural remedy.

I began by taking garlic in the form of garlic bread. I mixed extra virgin olive oil with four crushed garlic cloves and a half tsp chopped parsley. Covered a par baked baguette, cooked and ate. The results were almost immediate. My bp dropped significantly. (this happened without any bp meds.)

The problem I had was while the garlic was lowering my bp, I was consuming too many carbs because of the bread. So it was back to the drawing board.

I did much research on the web and learned so much.

My daily regime is now: Start the day with juice of half lemon in warm water. consume 4 celery sticks daily and occasionally consume half garlic clove, which I eat raw, wrapped in a slice or two of freshly cooked beetroot to make it less harsh.

Yesterday my bp was down to 120/70 and that is the lowest it has been for many years. I'm thrilled with the results.

I have zero swelling in my feet and legs. I am able to walk without pain and generally feel much better. I am also sleeping better because another side effect of the meds were frequent night urination. Honestly I was waking 3-5 times every night to go to the bathroom, but didn't know it was because of
the meds. Another thing my gp didn't mention

I would strongly suggest that anyone who wants to try an alternative to bp meds purchase a bp monitor. I paid £25.00 for mine.

I am in no way suggesting anyone should stop taking their meds. I did and I am so glad.

There is so much info on the web for natural bp reduction. Check it out. One final word. Check your bp, take your garlic, or lemon water, or celery and check it again after 20 minutes. You will be amazed.

This article couldnt have came at a better time. My mother only recently was prescribed Amlodipine 10mg and was told by her doctor that yes it would cause swelling in the feet. My mum originally needed this pill because obviously her blood pressure was very high and ended up having to take her to the hospital because she got in a very bad state. Only after that visit did they realise that she needed this. However, as always with me I think taking tablets for anything and everything is not a good idea so, I started to think myself is their anything else she can do to help her.

So yes, reading what you have wrote I will have to break it down and make sure she tries those things on top of medication and then see how it aids her to maybe one day come off them.

I will have to read other posters too about this but yes, this condition high blood pressure is scary as it comes on out of nowhere, at least gets very bad very quick noticed.

It is nice of you to write this article, there needs to be more done for home remedies like this. It certainly would save lives before lives need saving.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
My bp is fairly good but I have family with some issues. Celery lemon and raw garlic are easy to consume.

How about make an extra lemony, garlicky tzaziki and serve with celery sticks?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
How about heartburn?

Fresh apple peals. Chew them very thoroughly. One apples worth should do the trick.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   
You should look at Allicin Max for your galic intake.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Try mixing 4 peices cloves of garlic with natural honey eat with a spoon in the morning. It tastes ok.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Well I do love garlic, but must admit, it would be less hassle to take a supplement.

I did research which to take and today I ordered allimax. They will be here tomorrow and I will be sure to let everyone know if they do as good a job as fresh garlic.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: texasyeti

I can take 4 cloves with olive oil on garlic bread, but, much as I try, I really don't like honey.

One man's meat... I guess.

Thank you for suggestion. I'm waiting on the supplement to arrive. I hope it's the real deal.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Britman

Done it today. They arrive tomorrow... Can't wait.

It does have good reviews though.

Fingers crossed.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Is it just apple peel?

I'm still doing the celery every day, but Ricky Mouse warned me about it being toxic, so I read up on it and he was right.

64 different pesticides were found on non-organic celery, plus a host of other (healthy) foods, including apples. I was shocked.

So I went out and bought organic veggies and now I will not buy anything else.

I will try the apple peel, but definitely, they will be organic.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliquandro

Sounds yummy. I will try anything once.

Today I had baked fish and garlic bread. I'm getting a little fed up with it, but, I must say, I am feeling better than I have in years and I've only been doing this regime 2 weeks.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

Well so far I have noticed a huge improvement in my BP and general health

I'm able to walk now without pain and without a stick.

Please do read all the wonderful replies to this thread, there is so much good advice and combined knowledge.

Diet change and exercise seems to be all it takes to defeat high blood pressure. Please buy organic food, which I was not doing until Ricky Mouse pointed out the risks.

Now I will only use organic foods.

How is your mum. I send you and her my best regards..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join