It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I get cancer, I'm fairly sure I will reject chemo and radiation.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Do a little research on Mebendazole. You'll find an informative article at a website named viewzone.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   
You say that, but what if those treatments gave you 6yrs and no treatment gave you 6 months?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Chemo and Radiation and IL-2, along with a slew of other drugs and treatments and surgeries have actually saved my life a few times now. I have been battling Metastatic Melanoma for the past ten years. I'm now 38, so youth and health have been on my side most of the way.

How do you feel about allowing these nasty things into your body? I figure, when it's your time, let nature take it's course.

Nature is gonna take its course anyways my man, we are all dying one day at a time, even though everyone goes around pretending that they aren't.

Stay positive attitude and don't believe the doctors. I know, it sounds like some cliche nonsense, but your mind is more powerful than any medicine your doctor can ever give you. Never give up. Never believe the bad. Be stubborn, get hard headed. The only time being a stubborn person has seemed to serve me well is fighting the damned disease.You have to see the light at the end of the tunnel for there to ever be one. Its hard to do though, in 6 months i lost 60 pounds, all my hair, my skin turned red and all flaked off like a sunburn, neuropathy, constant headaches, stomachaches, nausea, rashes, thrush, etc. etc. It is hard while this disease (and the supposed "cure") are destroying you physically and you can see it and feel it, and all the while your friends and relatives come and look at you like they are never going to see you again.

Never let it break your spirit. Don't give it that power.

3 people out of 100 with stage 4 melanoma had the response that I did to the IL-2/chemo treatments, so I would definitely say that my results aren't typical. But there are no other treatments for it. Normal chemo does nothing without the interleukin therapy. It did save my life though, I just wish it would work for the other 97 out of 100.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

The whole family of 11 gathered around my father in law's bed to tell him he had brain cancer, lung cancer and bone cancer.

His response was amazing....without a smile or a frown either...showing zero emotion...he just said to us..."Huh. You always wonder how youre gonna die!" Amazing....

One week later...he was gone....

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

For me, it would depend on some different factors.
For example, what type of cancer/treatment options?
Life expectancy with/without treatment, those sorts of things.

I wouldn't have any issue with putting things into my body to try and rid it of the disease and prolong life unless...

my daughters were old enough and on their own and didn't need me like they do today. I may consider no treatment in that case depending again on different factors...money...expectations for success, etc. They (my daughters) are the most (really only) important thing in my life so, I would suffer and try if in that suffering it was helping them in the long run. Or, at least extending the time for them to get to where they would be okay without me.

I agree that one, IMO, doesn't really truly know how they may respond or choices they might make until looking down that barrel.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I'm 27 and I absolutely wouldn't get chemo or radiation, for many and varied personal reasons that most people my age(or any age for that matter) can't relate to at all.
edit on 2017-02-09T12:59:55-06:002017Thu, 09 Feb 2017 12:59:55 -0600v000000552017-02-09T12:59:55-06:002017Thu, 09 Feb 2017 12:59:55 -0600Thu, 09 Feb 2017 12:59:55 -0600 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

Never give up. Never believe the bad. Be stubborn, get hard headed.

You have a good point there. Nocebo, placebos evil twin, can equally have a powerful effect. I have often wondered if a doctor says you have x number of months to live it is in fact a death sentence ie many become conditioned to die.

The nocebo effect is when a negative expectation of a phenomenon causes it to have a more negative effect than it otherwise would. A nocebo effect causes the perception that the phenomenon will have a negative outcome to actively influence the result

Wikipedia

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

That's your choice of course, but you may surprise yourself -- and that's okay too!

My mom starts chemo soon, after initially refusing. I'm not sure what changed her mind. Maybe pressure from my siblings or others. I don't know. It scares the bejeezus out of me, but she's a big girl and gets to make her own decision. And of course she doesn't really have any good options. They all have their challenges. So all I can really do anyway is just love her and support her in whatever she decides. And she chose chemo....

On the plus side, the fact that she did change her mind gives me hope that she'll also change her mind about cannabis meds... A few of us have been singing its virtues for chemo, but she's reluctant to use it. I'll keep hoping.

In any event, I really hope and pray you never have to find out what you'd do in that position!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

You have a good point there. Nocebo, placebos evil twin, can equally have a powerful effect. I have often wondered if a doctor says you have x number of months to live it is in fact a death sentence ie many become conditioned to die.

I have wondered the same thing myself. Its a shame that we live in such an age of technological miracles, and cancer is something that everyone has had experience with.

When they told me I had 3-6 months to live I didnt believe them. That was 7 years ago. Anyone fighting this disease FFS please keep your head up and please anyone reading this U2U me for expectations or even if you just need someone to talk to.

When you read about Melanoma online, and the survivors, its not a good read.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

8 high-dose regimens was more than enough for me. Never again.

I'm bitter and biased though.

Everyone needs to cross their bridges when they come to it. God bless all when they do.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Check for high dose of Doxycycline if you can find a doc to prescribe it.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I agree with you. There are many alternative treatments for cancer that have much better long-term survival rates than chemo and radiation. But they are not patentable and cost nothing. Therefore they are shunned by big pharma and therefore the entire medical industry in this country. Amazing if you look at what is being done in other countries, you think of "follow the money". One of the biggest industries in America is cancer. Just imagine what would happen if people knew about other successful treatment. No more oncologists, chemo drugs, chemo, cancer hospitals, or cancer charities. First of all, I watch my pH, so I don't believe I will get cancer. All cancer patients have a very low pH. But if I do, I plan to do the Johanna Budwig protocol. She had a success rate of 85% back in the 50s in Germany.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join