It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan reportedly setting up package for Trump to create 700,000 US jobs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I don't think, in my lifetime anyway, there has ever been a US President who has been able to rattle the cages of so many Companies and Countries, in so little time...enticing them to get creative in creating jobs and economic opportunities.

All he had to say - and mean it - was "We are going to put America first".

He killed the TPP, and made it clear he was not happy with the perennial trade deficit with Japan. So, what is Japan's reaction?

Japan, which has a consistent trade surplus with the U.S., is putting the finishing touches on a package that it claims will create 700,000 jobs in the U.S. and help create a $450-billion market, Reuters reported, citing government sources familiar with the plans.

Trump is a job creating, GDP boosting, machine.

Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and President Trump are expected to meet on Feb. 10. Major Japanese newspapers cited a draft of the proposal that calls for cooperation on building high-speed trains in the U.S. northeast, Texas and California. The two sides would also jointly develop artificial intelligence, robotics, space and Internet technology.

The Japanese may use money from its foreign exchange reserves to fund the package, Reuters reported.

This is exciting stuff folks!

While the Dems sulk and boycott inaugurations and hearings, and weave their plans to delay and obstruct the people's business. While the [SNIP] riot on Campus, and threaten to physically harm the President and overthrow the Government...Trump is making things happen.

Companies coming back to America, Countries clamouring to make bilateral trade deals with the US, border security measures launched.

Abe has been grilled repeatedly in parliament over Trump's rejection of a regional trade initiative, the Trans-Pacific Partnership, and over how he plans to handle friction over trade, saying he believed it was possible to strike a bilateral agreement with the Trump administratio

At some point, Liberals (some anyway) will figure out that they may have lost the 2016 election - but that they and their families are winning...because of that loss.

Japan is in for $450 billion

Mod Note: Political Name Calling is NOT allowed outside the Political Mud Pit forum.
edit on 2/3/2017 by eriktheawful because: Removed Political Name Calling.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Very promising and exciting indeed, but I'm sure he still won't get the credit he deserves and it will be spun in a negative light..

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

First off, if Japanese investments result in 700k new jobs, GREAT.

Understand that this total is (unsourced) speculation. Even if the details are accurate in terms of the proposal, it has to happen and there's zero guarantee that the results would be what's planned. Also, if this is anything like the Softbank fiasco, that promise of an investment was already in the works way before Trump was elected.

You're calling Trump a job creating machine for creating jobs that haven't been created and might have been created with or without Trump if they are in fact actually ever created. That's right up there with Obama being given the Nobel prize.

[SNIP]

edit on 2017-2-3 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: See a problem? Report it to the ATS Staff.
edit on 2/3/2017 by eriktheawful because: Removed line about removed content.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
There will be some progressive democrat come by and find something wrong with jobs for Americans and claim some how Russia has something on Abe and is working for Trump..

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Lmao. As opposed to giving him credit for something that hasn't happened yet and without any idea of what he or his administration may have done to make it happen?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

You were late...

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The fact that it has gotten this far is more admirable then the past. And wether his administration had anything to do with it or not you can't deny the Trump effect.. would we be hearing about this had Hillary won??

(post by mobiusmale removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Fake news. I mean Fox News. Same thing

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Attention!

The Political Name calling in this thread will STOP NOW.

This thread is NOT in the Political Mud Pit forum.

Using names to politically troll or bait people is considered Political Trolling and is not allowed anywhere on ATS, except in the Political Mud Pit forum.

Continue to do it and your posts will be removed, and your posting rights removed.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Very promising and exciting indeed, but I'm sure he still won't get the credit he deserves and it will be spun in a negative light..

Yes, Trump is only interested in AI and robotics because HE is Skynet! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
creating jobs might be a little more tricky than signing EO's.....

however...im optimistic that due to Trumps business experience he will know how to create jobs, just maybe not as many as he or others would like.

What i would be much more interested in seeing is him working with congress to lay the groundwork for setting loose any restraints on others to create jobs themselves. That kind of improvement to the economic situation would outlast Trump and be a feather in his cap for future remembrance.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
i kind of predicted this....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

"So Trump is going to take the crazy money that gets pumped into the avenues that make the immensely rich, richer. And Trump is gonna make millions of jobs available for the rebuilding of America, starting with the infrastructure, the guy is a genius, and i hope he does it, because if you guys can get your sh!t together in the unified way that Trump envisions, Then that will have a knock on effect across the world. Good luck Donald J Trump"

another interesting thing to note, is the speed in which the Japanese can build a road not to mention the quality of them.....
Trump is delivering, and with him buying the materials from Japan and employing American workers, to use Japanese methods
then he could achieve step one very quickly...
www.theguardian.com...
edit on 3-2-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

Reads to me like code for massive government spending. The article cites high speed trains. That's not something the private sector makes, trains are paid for through the government.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Yes, Trump is only interested in AI and robotics because HE is Skynet! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Japan isn't skynet.

It's Ghosts in the Shell.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

That's good news.

It appears that other nations have more faith in the future and potential of the US economy than many of it's own people do.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

yes maybe, but if it happens under Trump, guess who gets the credit

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Yes. Where will the funding come from? American tax payers did not want government investment in high speed rail.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This sounds like good news for us regular people.

I still don't like uncured raw fish though.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

THANK-YOU for finding that information, MobiUSMale! The HIGH SPEED RAIL is one of the things I've been looking forward to hearing about.

Hopefully the Trump administration can continue to keep Democrats distracted with/by "petty stuff", and out of the way, while lifting America up to being one of the truly modern nations of the world.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join