It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan reportedly setting up package for Trump to create 700,000 US jobs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

of course Japan is.
why not, their country doesent need those jobs. am i right. Abenomics isnt a ticking time bomb. arent they still in a recession?
only time will tell.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

What Japan needs is people.

Their population is in decline.

That's why they focus so much on tech.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert
a reply to: Aazadan

Yes. Where will the funding come from? American tax payers did not want government investment in high speed rail.

It sounds to me like it might be a hybrid financing arrangement...where some of the money comes from the private sector, some comes from the public sector - and in this case some from a foreign (but friendly) government.

It has been part of Trump's plan (repeated often on the campaign trail) that he would look to spend $1 trillion on infrastructure projects...road, railways, airports, schools, hospitals, etc.

Part of the trick, of course, which he is attending to, is getting rid of (environmental and other) regulations that end up delaying infrastructure projects by 10-15 years...which often means they are never actually built!

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

American taxpayers will now be willing to fund high speed rail in only certain states with federal tax dollars? I think that the Japanese businessmen are under the mistaken idea that the American govt would kick in tax dollars, but I don't know how this would happen. Even for the other related ventures (LNG and nuclear), the Japanese cannot expect govt tax dollars to help them out.

I wonder if all these ventures would really be private ventures. The high speed rail would be a Japanese investment and thus owned by the Japanese. Interesting.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
There will be some progressive democrat come by and find something wrong with jobs for Americans and claim some how Russia has something on Abe and is working for Trump..

Somehow you dont see the MSM repeating this constantly. They are too busy crying and complaining and feeling special and victims. Meanwhile the world keeps spinning. This time for the better.
edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoFri, 03 Feb 2017 13:53:06 -06001720172America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: tribal
creating jobs might be a little more tricky than signing EO's.....

however...im optimistic that due to Trumps business experience he will know how to create jobs, just maybe not as many as he or others would like.

What i would be much more interested in seeing is him working with congress to lay the groundwork for setting loose any restraints on others to create jobs themselves. That kind of improvement to the economic situation would outlast Trump and be a feather in his cap for future remembrance.

Trump was already securing jobs when he was president elect.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That's good news.

It appears that other nations have more faith in the future and potential of the US economy than many of it's own people do.

I was thinking the same thing when i was reading the OP. Its quite sad actually.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale
It has been part of Trump's plan (repeated often on the campaign trail) that he would look to spend $1 trillion on infrastructure projects...road, railways, airports, schools, hospitals, etc.

I'm aware, but when the money is coming directly from the government I have trouble calling it a job, since jobs talk is usually referring to the private sector. I have no issue with this type of infrastructure being built, and I don't mind paying for it either. But it's not a jobs plan.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Hang on. Speed trains?

What market will that affect?

Airplanes,
Energy,
Automotive and,
Busses.

But you have to ask yourself the next question: 700,000 jobs for how long?

Constructing these railroads will create a lot of jobs... but for how long?

What cities would have this bullet train stop at?

You begin to think about the long term of this and you begin to see just what this will do to American industries.

What will be the pricing structure for these trains? As far as fares go. Will it mimic what they have been doing where they offer the service at a discount to later raise the price similar to air fare costs?

I see this effectively taking away at least a few hundred thousand jobs.

You might ask about how it would affect the automotive industry. And the answer is quite simple: how many people do you know own at least 1 car?

A lot right?

How many of them travel at least a good 5 miles to work? Quite a few that I know of.

How many of them travel at least 50 miles?

Nobody you know?

What if they were now able to travel to another city to apply for a job via speed train?

Guess what... now you will have people favoring public transit over their own personal vehicle.

But there is a small percentage of people who will drive to another city for work.

My Co worker at another shop drives 33 miles from his ranch just to work at a wage of around 13 dollars an hour. He spends hundreds on gas every month.

*if a train could take him to and from a place nearby he would do it.

So you begin to see people putting their money into trains. This is just the bottom we are talking about.

Next up is the energy department. How much power do these trains need? How much do we generate? Are we capable of maintaining this power?

If you are thinking as far as I have you will begin to see pnm, and other energy companies suddenly screaming to scrounge up engineers to create a means of generating enough power for these trains, and our country.

Say good bye to green energy. Pnm may just increase coal burning to a new high. And if they dail, or become too destructive then guess what? What are we going to do for energy? Probably, and I am just guessing here: we would purchase a power plant from another country. Or use building plans similar to China or Japan.

So just remember that this isn't truly adding jobs... it is actually taking away some of them in favor of creating "new" jobs. And it is 100% true. They will be considered new jobs, but we should be asking.... how many jobs total will it raise in the us after it has taken away everything else over time?

Now airplanes.... guess what.... there goes about.... most of all your money. People will favor a cheaper mode of transportation if it is faster than a bus, but less expensive than a plane. Adding this middle way might just bankrupt american, southwest, and united airlines.or maybe just one will survive.

So... all of those jobs get replaced. So again these new jobs are awesome, but I see it creating a fluxuation in all of these industries.

Then finally busses.... I think they will become extinct. At least as far as greyhound is considered. The city busses will still be there but coach rides across state borders may become completely diminished.

Though there may not be a lot of people required to run a nationwide travel by bus industry... it would still kill it off.

But this is my own hypothesis. And I am no scholar.

I think this would destabilize a lot of things inside of the us. Our taxes might even rise to the point of poverty becoming the new standard middle class... and starvation being the new poor class.

edit on 232017 by GiulXainx because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join