It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Loving My New Phone- Lg G Vista 2

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
After too many years with a GalaxyS4, it was time. My phone had a spider like crack from one corner. The battery charging port had started to go. I had to buy a second battery and a charger where the second battery popped into it on the wall. The memory was short. I often had to open the phone backing to change batteries out twice in a day. It was running all apps...but started getting weird messages about memory. If it ran out of charge, there was an odd sequence to turn it back on.

So...I went about looking at other phones at at&t, this was due for an upgrade, long ago. I looked at about 50 phones. Sigh. None were interesting until....

I would have liked a new edge. But those are about $700 and wouldn't wish to spend my life paying it off. I came across the LG G Vista 2. It seemed to have the same sized screen, but it was twice as big when it arrived. It has a fantastic rear camera and a normal front camera. A lot more storage space. A stylus that stores itself IN the phone. A cool app to use with the stylus that crops pics or where you can write notes. It cost half as much as the new Edge. But was it as fast or as good?

YEP!

I have been using it almost 2 weeks, and it waaaay out performs my old phone. The video streaming is crisp and clear. Internet is lightning fast.

Yes, it's curved and the back is a cool 3d ish design.

I love it! Here is a video:

I took this pic in the pitch dark outside:

I am super picky with phones...and this is awesome!

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Wow. That sure looks like poor image quality. I'm sure this handset has many redeeming features, but I will avoid based on your input. Thanks for letting us know.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

LOL, good point. A lil heavy to carry around with me, though. When I get a home phone again, in a few months, through the cable company of course, as there seems to be no other....I am gonna buy a dial phone, just like that.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
Wow. That sure looks like poor image quality. I'm sure this handset has many redeeming features, but I will avoid based on your input. Thanks for letting us know.

It has fantastic image quality. Not sure what you were watching it on.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Are you familiar with the Zack Morris phone?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Are you familiar with the Zack Morris phone?

No, but I know he is Saved By the Bell character. was maybe a little after my time to watch it. though I saw some.
edit on 3-2-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

A quick google image search will do. It's worth the laugh.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

A quick google image search will do. It's worth the laugh.

Oh lol!!!!! I might have known ppl that had phones like that. By the time I got one it was a tiny flip phone.

My aunt's bf had a phone like that in his car, but it had a cord.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Well, it's your phone. As long as you like it, I guess it's fantastic.

There is a glaring lack of definition in your image though, to be sure. Every object appears with lots of fuzziness and I really don't think my display is to blame for that.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   

I didn't have my own cell phone until my daughter was about 2. I remember being always angry about the phones T mobile gave me, they always died. It was about 1998. T mobile would blame it on me, but I only kept it in my purse and they always over charged me for calling like 10 minutes locally. lol

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

There is a glaring lack of definition in your image though, to be sure. Every object appears with lots of fuzziness and I really don't think my display is to blame for that.

On my brand new Toshiba labtop, the video looks great. on the ACTUAL phone it looks great. Would depend on what you are watching the video on.

The pic looks fine for taking it in pitch darkness.

on default settings.

It's a 12 MP camera phone, not a professional camera. The image isn't fuzzy either.

The image is clear, it is your display.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Thanks for the review, that's what i need. A new phone, my samsung geo is nearly dead so i bought a new battery for ten bucks on amazon so it works better but it's laggy and irritating.

Perhaps i'll look into this a bit further.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

You should. Powerful phone, about 1/2 the price of similar

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Well we finally agree on something.

I have a small cell phone store and the LG Vista(2) is one of my best sellers. I can sell them at a reasonable price and the functionality is awesome. I have a hard time keeping them in stock! Good luck with your new phone. I am sure you will be very happy with it.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I agree with what you see in her picture, it is not a very good picture. What you 'may be' missing is the fact that she said that she took it in "pitch darkness", that right there makes it a VERY GOOD picture.
(The missing information though is did she use flash or not, I am assuming from what she wrote she did not)

edit on 3-2-2017 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Looks nice, I'm also picky about what phone i have.

I'm going to upgrade mine with the Motorola G4 cause it's got what i need without breaking the bank.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

Is it comparable to the notes from Samsung? I have a note 3 that I love, but it's falling apart... I'm comfortable with my note and hate relearning tech..
Thanks.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

Depends on your standard, I suppose.

I, personally, will be looking for a higher quality of snaps on my next handset, which will be fairly soon.

Way I see it, that's a fairly blurry photo, whether flash was used or not. Which it was, we can see the flash glare.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join