It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will the movie idiocracy become a historical document?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I'd say you could start here

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: SolAquarius

What creeps me out about Eugenics is the connection to Phrenology.

Whole lot of supposedly intelligent medically minded people actually placed stock in the pseudoscience, some even still do.

I think scientist would like to put on a wholly rational front these days and distance themselves from its kooky past skeletons in its closet.
Isaac Newton gets lots of props for calculus and his theory of gravity but I don't hear much talk about his obsession with Alchemy and creating the philosophers stone.

I wonder if science and technology keeps advancing if future generations will look back at us and consider much of what we currently believe and think as ridiculous.

That is if we don't end up nuking ourselves back to the dark ages or extinction,

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
You mean you did not know that that movie is a documentary? Man, you're one of them! Run away run away! It has electrolytes.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
I'd say you could start here

I have a very strong suspicion That Mark Dices videos are highly edited to increase viewership.
I think he is trying to build a media presence and sell books.
And cash in on the fear conspiracy market like Alex Jones.

edit on 1-2-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Kazber

I'm pretty sure i would vote for Terry Crews.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

So disappointed.

I was expecting some pithy double joke. Instead, I miss all reference to the historical documents! Where is the Galaxy Quest?

I feel like Tawny Madison here. "I have one job on this thread, and it's stupid job, but I'm gonna do it!"

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Narrator: As the 21st century began, human evolution was at a turning point. Natural selection, the process by which the strongest, the smartest, the fastest, reproduced in greater numbers than the rest, a process which had once favored the noblest traits of man, now began to favor different traits. Most science fiction of the day predicted a future that was more civilized and more intelligent. But as time went on, things seemed to be heading in the opposite direction. A dumbing down. How did this happen? Evolution does not necessarily reward intelligence. With no natural predators to thin the herd, it began to simply reward those who reproduced the most, and left the intelligent to become an endangered species.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The years passed, mankind became stupider at a frightening rate. Some had high hopes the genetic engineering would correct this trend in evolution, but sadly the greatest minds and resources where focused on conquering hair loss and prolonging erections.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Seems legit

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Lughnasadh

Bad english

Worse english

Terrible english

and wee bit of french.

So, stupid American then.....

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lughnasadh

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Lughnasadh

Bad english

Worse english

Terrible english

and wee bit of french.

So, stupid American then.....

Bad form. . .

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Could the term retroactive apply?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

We need to keep in mind science is just our best guess based on the factual evidence we have available at the time.

This is the reason our theory and suppositions regarding what we comprehend to be scientific fact changes as our technological prowess and ideologies progress.

So there is no need to wonder if future generations will look back at us and consider much of what we currently believe to be ridiculous, that's pretty much a given.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It happened Jan 20.

Trump IS President Comacho.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Not really. It's a satire. Sure it's funny to compare it to real life, but there is also much that happened in that movie that isn't happening in real life. We aren't belting our skyscrapers together so they don't fall over for instance, and IQ test results are increasing to the point that scientists are moving the medium back. So "Not Sure's" ridiculously easy IQ test isn't any where close to a reality.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yup I'm no stranger to science since my childhood dream was to be one when I had the image of being the archetypal mad scientist with a bitching lab trying to unlock all the mysteries of the universe.
But life takes different turns down different roads.
I still like to keep up on Astronomy, biology, physics, and other fields when I can.
I guess my whole notion of the future looking back was just me playing with the idea of imagining a society that has advanced so much that they would look at out time much the same way that we look at the dark ages.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Aye life seldom works out the way we would have wished.

But that old saying still stands "Whats for you will not go past you".

I don't know what future generations will make of the information age in which we live but i imagine it wont be dull given the current geopolitical climate and the energy demands we require to progress as a species

Never mind the fact that clean water sources are becoming more scarce and global warming may be about to significantly alter the geography of the planet.

Interesting times to say the least.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I don't know what future generations will make of the information age in which we live but i imagine it wont be dull given the current geopolitical climate and the energy demands we require to progress as a species

Oh to be a fly on the wall in some future classroom when the period of time we live in now is being described.
Where are you Doc Brown? I need to borrow your Delorean.

edit on 4-2-2017 by SolAquarius because: I am going back to the future

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Not really. It's a satire.

True, but the initial premise...of those with lower IQ's being the primary ones reproducing...it's an interesting observation, and conclusion as to what that would mean many generations down the road.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join