It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disrespect Mr President

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
www.bbc.com...

BBC news calling President Trump in a disrespectful way, he was president elect, now he is President Trump.

BBC calling him Donald....its Mr President you media no marks.

I am English, shame on the BBC.

I agree with President Trump, the media are the most dishonest people on earth, after the Clintons, the Bush and tony Blair of course.
edit on 25 1 2017 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
O..kay? I've yet to drop "president" in front of Bill (Clinton) Dubya (Bush 2) or Obama (obvious is obvious) Why is it a big deal? Most Americans don't, unless they're really doe-eyed.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
This started with the press calling George Bush "the shrub" then it devolved MORE with Obama.

No matter what anyone thinks about the President, respect for the office itself shouldn't be optional. The BBC is just following the trend, a trend I don't personally agree with.

Edited to add, LOL I'm NOT doe-eyed.
edit on 25-1-2017 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

Civility and courtesy in regards to the highest office in our country, or lack there-of, speaks more about the individual and a failing of society.
The lack of it ISN'T something to be proud of.
edit on 25-1-2017 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Triggered?

A title cant earn the respect for a person.
Just like crook in a uniform is just a crook in a uniform.
Respect is always mutually reciprocated

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
No one cares about Trump's feelings. I don't respect a willfully ignorant narcissist. I will refer to him as he refers to himself:

"The Donald."

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
No one cares about Trump's feelings. I don't respect a willfully ignorant narcissist. I will refer to him as he refers to himself:

"The Donald."

No one said you can or should respect Trump.
We're talking about the "Office" not personalities.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

To each their own, but omitting the title isn't always a sign of intentional disrespect. I just don't see the point, we know what their job title was (or is, in the current case) Saying "President XYZ" just seems redundant.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Respect must be earned.

He has not even earned the money he possesses.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I'll think you will find that in the UK's BBC treats all leaders in the same way. Yes, it's President Trump, but it is also Donald Trump and Mr Trump. It was Barack Obama and President Obama. It's Mrs May, Theresa May and the Prime Minister. It's called context and reporting. It's called readability for an audience.

If you want deferential "respect" on your reporting then suggest you go to Fox, or some other enslaved news source.
edit on 25/1/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

I don't respect Donald the person. The fact that he is president changes nothing. I respect the office of the president and what it implies. the concept of the presidency; the duties of the president, and what that OFFICE represents.

I do not respect DONALD, the person. I am not forced to feign respect for someone because they are president. Don't sit ere and tell me who I should and should not have respect for when you guys railed against Obama for years, with no type of respect, calling him every damn name in the book. At most, I have called him snowflake-in-chief. That pales in comparison to the names given to Obama during his time as president.

Oh, yes, yes. I remember the threads. Donald gets no respect because he has not given respect to the people; the people he is supposedly fighting for. When he does something worthy of respect, he'll get it. Until then I will not add to his narcissistic supply with ridiculous sycophancy. You want to do it? Go on. Have fun.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

No worries. On this side he's the liar in chief or the commander in tweet or just liar or idiot.
Freedom of speech is delicious sometimes.

Thing is respect is earned.

He's still in orientation class.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
And the nerve of the right to call anyone triggered or controlling when you are literally making a thread telling us we should refer to him as President Trump, even though a large majority of the population did not vote for him, did not like him, and was down right disgusted by his character.

No. You want to be referred to as President Trump? Do something worthy of the station, like working for ALL Americans, not just the ones that fill your narcissistic supply.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Respect must be earned.

Do you show respect toward people you have not previously met before?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

But we're not talking about the office of the president.
They're talking about trump. Who has not earned our respect. He's thrown that right out the window.
If anyone I know lied to me every day they would not only not get my respect they'd be booted out of my life. Who needs that?
Constantly lying to the American people and the world won't earn him any either.
It's down right embarrassing g.
And it's what? Day four, five?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Sure. But if they then start behaving like a dishonest thug it's a different story.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Stop with the nonsense. Respect as a breathing human being is the first right. Respect as a person in their field is earned. Respect as a particular thing is earned. Respect as a human being is a right. So do I respect Donald as a human? As much as it pains me to say it, because I don't really consider a narcissist a human, yes... on some level he has that respect. Respect in the sense of "If he was on fire, I would still try to put the flames out and call 911". But that is as far as it goes.

Respect as a man? A competent, well balanced and mature adult? No. Respect as a business man when he inherited his fortunes? No. Respect as a president when he only caters to sycophants? Hell no.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I show respect to people I know nothing about, until they prove by their word and deed that they are unworthy of it. Unfortunately for people like Trump, who are in the media spotlight, they get the opportunity to earn or be denied my respect, by way of their words and deeds being known broadly, without my ever having met them.

The man or woman in the street is greeted with an assumption of good conduct until proven otherwise, because I have no pre-existing knowledge of their thoughts, words and deeds. The moment they prove they are unworthy of my respect, it is denied them entirely. Trump, however, proved himself unworthy of my respect by being who he is, something I have no need to meet the man, in order to know more than enough about.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

They're calling him Donald Trump for that is his name , I see no shame on the BBC here.
Everybody knows who and what he is.

I agree with President Trump, the media are the most dishonest people on earth

Hence this thread.
Keep buying into the narrative of the controllers , they need you.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
BBC news calling President Trump in a disrespectful way, he was president elect, now he is President Trump.

Oh no, another little trumpet is triggered, let us start a thread over it!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
BBC News is completely biased toward the neo-liberal left. It did not even attempt to disguise its bias during the US election cycle, and watching the faces of these spineless milquetoasts as it became clear that Trump was going to win was some of the most enjoyable election coverage I have ever seen. It is a disgrace that the governing body of a publicly funded organisation has allowed to completely disregard the principle of media objectivity.
edit on 25-1-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join