It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tucker Carlson Exposes 'Demand Protest' Hoax

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I have been hearing about a group willing to pay protestors $50 hr to protest for a group called Demand Protest, until I watched th first segment on the Carlson show this evening.. WTH is going on in this country with the MEDIA?

It's an entertaining segment.....

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
There are those who will jump at any chance or any story that will feed their hate even if the story is transparently false. You gotta hand it to the guy he was cool calm and some acting agency should make him an offer..
edit on 727thk17 by 727Sky because: ,,

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Payton Manning.

I honestly can't stop laughing, awesomeness.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
That guy is one helluva troll......pretty sure even his beard wasn't real, lol

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

OMG this video is beautiful.

And did that bitch just mention peyton manning instead of chealsea manning? Hahaha...

oh good he was laughing too.. I was wondering if he caught that

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Why do I immediately think, "Here's a 4Channer who left the comfort and security of the chair behind his keyboard ... and got shamed in the real world."

LMFAO ... great find JKM

edit on 1712017 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The guy was doing his best to continue the troll but gave in when Tucker was having none of it...

When he pulled Peyton Manning, it was a sign of surrender..

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It isn't hard to create a fake Craigslist advertisement/job posting for "protesters".

CL does require an email address and cell phone number to verify -- but if you're tech-savvy that isn't a problem ... at all. Seriously.

Or Photoshop can be used to alter a screen shot of an existing advertisement.

These can then be posted on social media, and twitter -- and then blogs pick them up, and then shady fake, click-bait news sites get their mits on them.

Then, before anyone can verify the truth behind the Craiglist ads, the entire thing vanishes off the net.

By that point, however, the social engineering has already been done. Minds have been altered, perceptions changed. The propaganda has done its job, and people are more cemented in their beliefs, and others are converted a little bit more.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I watched it twice on TV and Still didn't get the gist of the story.
Could somebody break it down for me...ya' know like Conspiracies for Dummies ?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I actually watched this segment and at first was..WTH?...then I realized what was happening and lmao.

Tucker Carlson is the best. I love his rational approach, his logic, his smooth demeanor....I'm a fan.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaloonSal
I watched it twice on TV and Still didn't get the gist of the story.
Could somebody break it down for me...ya' know like Conspiracies for Dummies ?

The guy being interviewed is 'a creator' of Fake News.

The conspiracy is: How did he wind on Faux News and make Tucker Carlson a candidate for Sleuth of the Year?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SaloonSal

a company was supposedly paying protesters to protest, as in making a "fake" protest, well a real protest but with fake backing.. Right and the guy who supposedly owns that company is a troll, and the entire thing is fake news..

We just saw it exposed as being a troll.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SaloonSal

HEre's a google news search... on the topic...

GOOGLE NEWS

Carlson's show aired at 9PM EST so look at how many articles claiming it's a hoax that surfaced after the show..

I see some that were posted earlier, so hoax possibility was circulating, but there were still some outlets printing it as truth..

It's always a great reminder to all of us to take news, even from MSM with grain of salt, let the dust settle.. YMMV

edit on Tue, 17 Jan 2017 23:53:08 -0600 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Oh O.K. thanks everybody...I guess I just expected it was a more elaborate and involved conspiracy ...
Just goes to show you how jaded and common place it's becoming from the every day developing NEW leaks, documents etc.
It's becoming hard and tiresome trying to keep up !

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

What's sad is how many people here fell for it too and used it as a way to promote their hate.

What morons, huh!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I thought it was WASH TIMES that was one of those who went with the story, if you look at the google news link I posted a couple of posts above ^^ you will see a Wash Times link posted AFTER the 9PM airing, now claiming HOAX..

SMH..... We need to keep the pressure on ALL MEDIA to become true representation of the 4th estate...

IT's really sad right now... on all levels...

We can speculate here on a discussion board... THE NEWS FOLKS HAVE STANDARDS.. or at least they used to...

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaloonSal
Oh O.K. thanks everybody...I guess I just expected it was a more elaborate and involved conspiracy ...
Just goes to show you how jaded and common place it's becoming from the every day developing NEW leaks, documents etc.
It's becoming hard and tiresome trying to keep up !

yes it's hard to keep up these days haha.
I spend hours a day as my "fun" now just to keep some level of even ground to stand on.
I would have missed this one without this thread, and I think I like this tucker carlson guy.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
What The Onion was/is to print/digital news this guy and his operation is to performance art satire/fake news. Dom did make a valid point about how easy it is to fabricate a story and the go-go-go-now news cycle runs with it. Brilliant. Tucker was a hoot to watch.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Who did this guy actually fool? Apparently cult-owned Washington Times (created explicitly to push right-wing propaganda). Who else? Well here's a few:

The Gateway Pundit

Truthfeed - BREAKING: Far Left Group Is Paying Activists a Monthly Salary to Stop TRUMP

Demand Protest says they are strategists mobilizing millennials for protests and training. The contact phone number is a San Francisco number.

4Chan users say Demand Protest is linked to Soros but there is no way of knowing from their website. It is hard to tell if they are associated with Soros but considering all of the violent protest movements are Soros funded, #BlackLivesMatter and #Occupy, it is a safe bet that Soros is also funding this radical leftist group. And note: The leftist mob is NEVER grassroots. It always includes paid activists.

Not only did 'ol reliable Jim Hoft fall for it, he added some rumors about Soros sourced from 4Chan. Well done. Another fake news favorite, Truthfeed, cited TGP:

BREAKING : Far Left Group “Demand Protest” is Paying $2,500 a Month for “Activists” to Stop Trump

State-owned Russian propaganda for the American market, Sputnik, went with it but did mention that some suggested it could be a hoax (way down at the bottom). Sputnik cites Washington Times.

Ads Offer Protesters $2500 to Disrupt Trump Inauguration

There are some who believe that the rhetoric on the Demand Protest site indicates that the entire operation is a hoax, but they claim to have provided nearly 2,000 operatives in 48 cities, without offering further detail, also featuring vaguely-worded testimonies from unnamed satisfied clients.

Infowars was a little more skeptical than Sputnik...

Report: ‘Grassroots’ Organization Offers $2.5k to Protest Trump Inauguration

It’s unclear if the DemandProtest.com website is actually legitimate. The site appears to be relatively new, with WhoIs results showing it was created on 2016-12-02, nearly a month after Trump’s election.

but of course, they pushed right past that caveat and started talking about O'Keefe's latest and the purported #DisruptJ20 leaked audio (which I haven't reviewed so I have no opinion about). And of course, they don't mentioned in the piece that they paid protesters to disrupt Clinton events (up to $5000).

Ironically, Infowars is also using the term "fake news" now to describe actual fake news that didn't come from Infowars?

Last November, a fake news story was circulated claiming that a man was paid $3,500 to protest at a Donald Trump rally.

Newsmax went with it and they were less skeptical than either Sputnik or Infowars. The article cited the Washington Times piece.

Another Newscorp outlet, the relatively new website Heat Street, wasn't buying it.

Is SF Group Really Offering Trump Protesters Monthly Retainers Plus Paid Vacation?

Demand Protest’s pay scale, time frame and company description defy explanation.

Demand Protest’s website claims that it provides a number of “grassroots” services that help to seed agitation and encourage political movements. It says it’s worked with several major clients, including a 2016 Presidential campaign, and promises that its efforts are fully anonymous.

“Our top priority is preventing any associations back to you,” the website offers. “We can ensure that all actions appear genuine to media and public observers.”

But Demand Protest purchased their domain name in December of 2016—after the Presidential election—and although the company claims to be headquartered in San Francisco, a quick search of California business licenses reveals nothing by that name.

And Yahoo aggregated from Newsmax and published the first couple paragraphs and a link to the Newsmax article.

Townhall went for it too, citing Washington Times and later updated their story to indicate that it was a hoax.

Another "fake news" regular, the "Canada Free Press" went all in on the hoax. There are of course, countless other "fake news" blogs that ran with it.

One other source that I'll note here is Zero Hedge who cited Washington Times and went with it. They've not updated their post from 7 hours ago.

Washington Times updated their original story to indicate that it was a hoax at least — not before contributing greatly to the spread unfortunately.

What a mess. As much as dislike Tucker Carlson, kudos for exposing this guy live on the air.

edit on 2017-1-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

edit on 2017-1-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Lol that was great, Tucker was such a good sport when the guy finally conceded. He recently did an AMA on The_Donald, pretty down to earth guy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join