It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unprecedented threats drive Secret Service inauguration security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

We know that this (Washington region) is a high-profile [terror] target. It’s been attacked in the past, historically,” said Paul Abbate, the FBI’s executive assistant director for the Criminal, Cyber, Response and Services Branch. Other FBI officials have confirmed that Washington is mentioned on a daily basis as a potential target in intercepted terrorist chatter and communications. “We, from the FBI standpoint, are ready to counter terrorist attacks and are working with our partners in building out the intelligence picture.

wtop.com...

The key is public vigilance. This is how the large arms cache was discovered on Jan. 4.
If you see or hear something, say something.

Buck

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

Don't care if you're (not you personally) a pro or anti Trump person, but anyone that goes to DC to protest either side is a few fries short of a happy meal.

I wouldn't go on a bet. That's crazier than a football bat...

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Anyone wishing harm to someone because of their political views should be sent out on a boat into the ocean never to return.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Zerodoublehero

a nice idea - but i doubt that the USA has enough ships

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zerodoublehero
Anyone wishing harm to someone because of their political views should be sent out on a boat into the ocean never to return.

That's about half the Liberals in the USA. Maybe send them to Cuba?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

Various law enforcement and intelligence agencies, have estimated that up to 900,000 people will attend the inauguration, Johnson said: “We know of 99 different organizations that intend to demonstrate in one form or another at the inauguration.”

Clancy indicated they’re leaving nothing to chance as they prepare for what could be the most intense inauguration in history.

But he made it clear — the Secret Service is “intense” everyday.

I hope everyone stays safe.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: Zerodoublehero

a nice idea - but i doubt that the USA has enough ships

You sir are correct. Maybe we need to start building more

new topics

top topics

join