It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Minute Change in Security at Inauguration Reminiscent of JFK in Dealey Plaza

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

That's according to Schwartz who refused the request because *cough* 'his office was already packed up.'

Oh, and then Schwartz injected his really petty opinion that he thought the request was due to Trump being miffed about a negative public response.

Couldn't possibly be that Trump reconsidered for obvious sound reasons. Nah.

Super lame on Schwartz's part IMO. I'm not impressed with the office being already packed reason. The inauguration is still five days away, and his office being packed up isn't preventing him from doing his job for the next five days.

ETA: Oh, and he also said he'd already notified his staff...as if he cannot possibly notify them of a change in plan, too.
edit on 15-1-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

There wasn't an internet and hackers in JFK's day. Last minute changes now negates both insider games or hacked plans being utilized.

Still, worth watching out for.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: liveandlearn

I believe Breitbart over WaPo

Why?

You don't think Wa Po hasn't been caught trying to shape the narrative before?

It has self branded as Fake.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hopefully Trump, Pence, Chief Justice Roberts, and Associate Justice Thomas are all 20 mins. late because of the delay caused by having private swearing in ceremonies ahead of stepping into the public's eye.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
in fact, there has been some conflicting information reported.

By the Trumpets, after they realised their master had stuffed up again!

"As is customary for presidential appointees, Schwartz had offered his resignation after Trump was elected. In an interview Friday, Schwartz said he learned he would be replaced on Jan. 20. He said the transition team ultimately asked him to stay in the job for a few additional days, but only after the report of his departure had been published Friday on The Washington Post website.

Schwartz said he turned down the transition team’s offer because, by then, he had begun packing up his office and notified his staff. He said he believes the offer came only as a result of the negative attention his departure attracted."

So he had been told to step down, but Trump's team realised they had stuffed up once again, so they tried to backpedal.

Well, aren't you so gosh-darn forgiving of crappy excuses and petty behavior.

He couldn't stay on a few days because his office was packed -- even though he's still managing the next five days under such crippling circumstances? He can't notify his staff that he plans on staying a few extra days or even hours?

You're right, 'tis better to be a partisan snot and give lame excuses rather than do the right thing...'cause Trump.

edit on 15-1-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

You don't think Wa Po hasn't been caught trying to shape the narrative before?

Examples - please? Hopefully instances where they weren't just saying something you didn't want to hear

If we admit bias is a part of journalism (especially lately) could you please explain how it is you can recognize when what's being reported is valid, honest - true

Breitbart is above the fray you think?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The General himself, as well as both of your sources say that General Schwartz was only asked to stay AFTER the exit interview with the Washington Post had been published, which was Friday, January 13, 2017. Today is Sunday, January 15, 2017.

Maj. Byron Coward, a spokesman for the D.C. National Guard, also said the offer from the transition team to Schwartz came Friday afternoon. He said Trump transition officials asked Schwartz to stay on an additional three days. Coward said that was the first time Schwartz had any notion that the transition team wanted him to stay in command throughout the inauguration.
www.washingtonpost.com... b31e_story.html?utm_term=.27bad7cbe7c2

Now, here's Breitbart whiney, emotional excuse for the Trump transition's team oversight. (Talk about shaping the narrative!)

Subsequent to the publishing of the paper’s story making Trump appear incompetent, news emerged that the incoming Trump administration offered to let General Schwartz keep his position through inauguration day, but it was the general himself who refused the offer, preferring instead to quit at 12 noon on January 20, the hour Trump takes his oath of office.

The general then ran straight to the media to “argue his case in the press,” as a recent Fox News report noted.www.breitbart.com...

In an interview Friday, Schwartz said he learned he would be replaced on Jan. 20. He said the transition team ultimately asked him to stay in the job for a few additional days, but only after the report of his departure had been published Friday on The Washington Post website.www.washingtonpost.com... 1d296534b31e_story.html?utm_term=.27bad7cbe7c2

I'll believe the "horse's mouth" before I believe skewed Breitbart news.

Oh, and by the way. WAPA nor General Schwartz every asserted that the general was FIRED! LOL. He wrote an obligatory resignation letter, that according a memo presented to WAPO by the General, it was accepted. So, Breitbart? Yeah, Fake News!

edit on 15-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Frankly, this topic is not a good thing to go into too in-depth. We’re on dangerous ground here.

I have never heard this topic discussed so openly and I’ve been around since JFK.

I’m not a supporter of Trump but the last thing I would like to see is this to happen for all kinds of reasons from humanitarian to the fact that Trump’s vp is ten times worst than him.

Particularly in this instance I don’t thing this guy being fired the day of the inauguration will amount to much, since it’s too obvious and open…But I think this may be a message to Trump.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

The General himself, as well as both of your sources say that General Schwartz was only asked to stay AFTER the exit interview with the Washington Post had been published, which was Friday, January 13, 2017. Today is Sunday, January 15, 2017.

So? Does that mean he cannot possibly stay for a few hours or days because the request came after the WaPo's story?

There are so many petty people with far too much responsibility in government. Never ceases to amaze me.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

That's not the issue. The OP said it was Obama's doing. FALSE!

Beitbart tried claim that WAPO and General Schwartz was FIRED. He wasn't. Breitbart portrayed General Schwartz as a whiney baby who ran to the press to defame Trump and his transition team for revealing the "awkwardness of the timing" to the media.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Trump has something past presidents didn't, his own private security. Perhaps better at protecting him and his family than the secret service.

They are watching everyone, and everything. Including the secret service.

No worries.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Your right, as far as I know the Trump people approved this.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Particularly in this instance I don’t thing this guy being fired the day of the inauguration will amount to much, since it’s too obvious and open…But I think this may be a message to Trump.

How can it be a message to Trump when Trump is the one that accepted his resignation - try reading what actually happened!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join