It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President elect Trump and his Twitter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Will we as a race EVER be able to just agree to disagree and leave each other alone?

Nope. Which is why we need a strong military.

It is one of the few jobs the Federal Government was constitutionally mandated to perform. Do it, do it right, and do not rip us off in the process.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

There is not going to be any mass deportation. You know that, right? Paul Ryan (pretty big shot) said to the lady who was a DREAMER (brought here as a child and stayed for 21 more years) and asked him to his very face whether he thought she should be deported, said, "No."

"But Mr Trump said that...."

PR: "I know. But that is just not going to happen."

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

okay.

Let's just not invade other countries under cover of lies, though -----

right now I am watching The Sixties (Episode 2) about the same stuff.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Either Trump sets higher standards for himself, or continues to lower the standards of the office of the President. You probably don't have to guess which one my money is on.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo

originally posted by: Swills
I can't believe you voted in a reality tv personality and think he'll make things better.

It's better than voting in a warmonger

what?

He wants to make the military big and bad and shiny and modern ----- and start fixing up our nukes and so on....

that's not a warmonger?

Bush/Cheney et al are responsible for ALL of this.

At some point, you have to let the left accept some responsibilities. Blaming Bush for 8 years has been the norm, but it's really old.

Having a strong military is the best defense against war.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Anyone over the age of 40 probably shouldn't be on Twitter.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Anyone over the age of 40 probably shouldn't be on Twitter.

What about Instagram? You think Trump would be a double-grammer?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Either Trump sets higher standards for himself, or continues to lower the standards of the office of the President. You probably don't have to guess which one my money is on.

If the standards of the presidency is about messaging and public relations, I suppose that might be the case, but perhaps the standards of the leader of the free world should focus on results and not what he posts on Twitter. The low standards of the American press and public should do some soul searching on the matter.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

There is not going to be any mass deportation. You know that, right? Paul Ryan (pretty big shot) said to the lady who was a DREAMER (brought here as a child and stayed for 21 more years) and asked him to his very face whether he thought she should be deported, said, "No."

"But Mr Trump said that...."

PR: "I know. But that is just not going to happen."

Was she or her son a member of MS13? Kill anyone? see, this is where reading comprehension and NOT TAKING THE PISS from the MSM is key.

Please refer to the post I made where I linked what TRUMP ACTUALLY said.

I am against him making stupid remarks on twitter, but I am equally against having partisan hacks take his words out of context to suit their agenda. If you want to pick on what he SAID, make sure he actually SAID it.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Let's just not invade other countries under cover of lies, though -----

Well, if they just realized they were living on top of our oil it would not be necessary.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

PERSONALLY;

I'm waiting for Mexico to buy Twitter and lower the ToS age from 13 to 8, at which point I shall hire an army of Spanish speaking 8 yr old trolls to flood any comment section of my choosing. For mere Pesos a day.

THEN;

Trump will start his own Social Media styled after Tumblr, you know a safe-area(space is 2016) and it will be called Trumplr. All your favorite right wingers will be there. Character limit will be reduced to 70 characters.
edit on 15-1-2017 by Lysergic because: forgot how to spanglish

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to NetworkDude:

At some point, you have to let the left accept some responsibilities. Blaming Bush for 8 years has been the norm, but it's really old.
Is it?

I think in light of the history of the world since WW2 that it never ended. It was on Bush's watch that 9/11 happened, and the collapse of Wall Street, and the Iraq invasion. It isn't "OLD."

We are still nursing our wounds, and in the meantime the civilians of the Middle East are suffering far beyond ANYTHING we can even imagine here in our first-world area.

Having a strong military is the best defense against war.

First should you not have strong PEOPLE? Strong and smart and well-educated YOUTHS? Taking away medical care is not "having a strong military." PEOPLE ARE NOT DISPENSABLE.

Unless you're a warmonger.

That's all I have to say about that. We are far off-topic.

About Trump's Twitter, was it?????

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Let me know when the IPO is about to happen. I'm on this like some cliché about being on things.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

yeah -- there is that...

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

As I said, I like him taking the MSM out of the equation. They suck anyway. But if he is going to address the world with his twitter account, playing the "I know you are but what am I" thing needs to stop. (IMHO)

I firmly believe he has used that tactic in the past for free press. It really did work. But it's time to change. It's time to appear more grown up. It's time to put on the suit and smile. He represents the USA. All of it.

I can't see how asking him to think about what he posts is a bad thing. I can't tell you how many times I posted something that made me laugh my ass off, then delete it before pressing the button, due to knowing it wouldn't go over as well to the moderators as it did to me. Dammit man, at least pretend.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I wish I could give you APPLAUSE for this.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I can't tell you how many times I posted something that made me laugh my ass off, then delete it before pressing the button, due to knowing it wouldn't go over as well to the moderators as it did to me.

I don't have the same problem as you. I just hit 'submit'.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Trump will never give up Twitter. He loves the attention and spotlight. With Twitter he get plenty of that he has like 100 billion followers world wide. Most of them critical but with his apparent increasing dementia...he doesn't understand and thinks its positive fanboy responses.

If I might make an analogy....

Twitter to Trump is like ATS to many members......it's an addiction, worse than krok or Krank.
edit on 15-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

He is not grown up though..emotionally he is the rich kids still stuck in boarding school..acting out to get attention.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Is that Megyn Kelly, damn dude she needs to go hit up the Spa.

#NotoriousB.A.G.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join