It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shutting down the FM Radio Net in Norway on January 11 at 11:11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
HI Folks!

Please forgive me if this is in the wrong forum, I had no idea where to put it.

I don't post here much, but something got my attention regarding my country's decision to shut down the FM Radio net this year. Today we started the closing in one part of the country. This has been a big deal in the rest of the world as we are the first to do this. We are going all digital here, also known as DAB.
This has been covered by many news agencies all over the world. Linking just a few.

www.theguardian.com...

www.reuters.com...]http://www.reuters.com/article/us-norway-radio-idUSKBN14P1TH

The funny thing is that they started today on January 11th at 11:11. I cannot find any news to tell me why they chose to do this at that exact moment. I love the mysteries around 11:11, but I have no idea why they would choose this time and date to do so.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks for reading!

Evilene

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Evilene

I don't know! Perhaps the same reason that Fasching in Germany, starts at 11:11 on November 11 each year?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

It has or is happening here in Canada as well .My first thought was that it was for them to better fake the fake news ..a picture is worth a thousand words they say . With the advancement in digital audio/video we can expect them throwing ever form of bs our way . We may be forced to go back to standard CB radio talk and chat ...good buddy

link   

Perhaps the "big wigs" making these types of decisions are Masons or have a fascination/obsession with numerology/symbolism (Yahweh "Jesus" died at age 33, 33 is an important number in Freemasonry), Jan. 11, 11:11 ... 11 + 11 + 11 = 33. Just a thought.

link   
The time and date is memorable. The switch to digital from FM is a bit controversial in Norway, I understand. It will eventually happen in the UK.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I was thinking about the possibility for a ceremonial reason for doing it, but it seems weird for a Norwegian to do so. But than again, how would I know what lurks among the decision makers. a reply to: FamCore

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Yeah, no clues to anything out of the ordinary...

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I think one reason for the mass change is people could communicate more easier on mw/fm wave without authorities knowing...

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

By reducing the amoung of Bandwidth used by the commercial and civilian sector's by making them use the far less bandwidth intense digital format the authority's can increase radio bandwidth space for other thing's including military system's, freeing up the airwave's for other digital data and many other potential uses.

DAB is touted as superior though some would argue that it is not but you do have the advantage of interference being cancelled and therefore it is actually clearer but at the loss of audio fidelity as some wavelenght's that some people can actually hear are cut out of the audio during compression (Conversion to the digital format).

A good DAB signal can also have the advantage that it may require a much lower power transmitter and still have a similar foot print to an analogue service transmitting over the same area, other data can also be transmitted along with it.

But in Norway with your mountainous terrain the way a digital signal work's mean's that unlike an analogue signal were you may tune in to a poor quality station that you can barely hear but still utilize despite the static such a weak signal will probably be ignored by our DAB reciever and you can simply not listen to the weak station as a consequence - no more listening to neighboring country's broadcast's as well and so less information from other sources which in some nation's (not Norway obviously) will be seen as an advantage for cutting off data feed's that they do not approve of.

Over all it is technically a good move but ethically very wrong to force it onto the Civilian population and radio broadcaster's etc so fast without a specific referendum and a much greater switch over period so the fact that it has been done this way in a democratic Scandinavian nation is enough to make me blink and wonder is there another motive.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Evilene

The funny thing is that they started today on January 11th at 11:11. I cannot find any news to tell me why they chose to do this at that exact moment. I love the mysteries around 11:11, but I have no idea why they would choose this time and date to do so.

It's "BINARY". You know, 0's and 1's make up the digital code on which all digital signals are based etc...

11:11 is 1111 the highest number, or the "last number" in the sequence of binary..

starting 0001...0010...0011...etc...ending...1111

etc...signals the end of the old, in with the new.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Very astute observation, now you have said it the fact become's glaring especially to those of us with a background or education in digital electronic's and computer programming (Machine Code).

As a humorous note since binary 1111 is 15 decimal or in computer assembly code term's hexadecimal F - well do you can see yourself another interpretation of it is that they are saying "1111 off" to the analogue system (That is if we ignore the other number's - the date).

edit on 12-1-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join