It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TOP 20 Historic Paintings That Shows UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
TOP 20 UFO´s in ancient paintings, There is plenty of evidence of aliens being involved in our history over time, from art, sculptures and old paintings. This is a sign our alien neighbors have been visiting us from the beginning of time.

Several centuries old historical artworks contain alien-like symbols.

Art experts have been saying its simple misreadings of religious symbols or figures.
But one have to wonder if these "things" are not showing signs of extraterrestrials being present in important events in history.

They have all the typical UFO shapes you would see in today's depictions of UFO´s

I know other astronauts share my feelings.... And we know the government is sitting on hard evidence of UFOs.- Col. Gordon Cooper, January 14, 1997.;

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

There is plenty of evidence of aliens being involved in our history over time, from art, sculptures and old paintings. This is a sign our alien neighbors have been visiting us from the beginning of time.

Or that interpretation is in the eye of the beholder.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Ask yourself this - who commissioned the art and what did they commission it to show? Now, I think you know the answer to that isn't anything to do with showing an alien ship (unless of course you are assuming alien life is a metaphor for God) - don't you? Do you think the art work commissioned by the church to show the manifestation of God was really supposed to show an eye witness event (over a thousand years after the alleged even took place) was really to show an alien craft?

Do you think in 1,500 years people will take the artwork of Dali and Picasso as literal?

If you believe they are "typical UFO shapes you would see in today's depictions of UFO´s" then who does that tell us most about? Our current society and how we choose to perceive things when we have no actual understanding of the context in which they were created, or the society in which they were actually created?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
entertaining video.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

I am in support of 'uncommitted '...

about the only incident of an actual portrayal of 'UFOs' would be that 1500s woodcut of the lights above Nuremberg Germany

all the other depictions of the Spiritual or Poetic Metaphors of Saints or Spirits teleporting through the skies were just the Artists' projection put in such a way to be understood by the viewer to be only a representation --- rather than a 'copy' of an actual aerial craft or UFO....

back then in history there were no ETs from other planets because only Earth had living beings the outsiders were therefore from either Heaven or Hell not from Venus/Mars

NO UFOs --- only artistic liberty of how unseen Spirits/Angels/Holy men, get to the place where they 'Appear' to the observer

or clouds with thunder-&-lightning...or else round holes in the sky that were portals to heavenly Deity, not saucers or UFOs
besides where are all the 'triangle' space-crafts and 'Boomerang' space-craft, like the UFOs we are recently visited by... the ancients only had glass bubbles for occupants to fly in ?

edit on th31148398929409142017 by St Udio because: point out the contributer

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Still promoting your GreyFace YouTube channel? Why don't you participate in the thread rather than just trying to collect more views to your videos? I think the purpose of this forum is to encourage discussions, not promote other websites. Isn't that against T&C?

I know other astronauts share my feelings.... And we know the government is sitting on hard evidence of UFOs.- Col. Gordon Cooper, January 14, 1997.;

Looks like nothing more than a bait comment.

Paintings like these have been explained on the forum. Point out which paintings you question.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

Paintings like these have been explained on the forum. Point out which paintings you question.

So what? Are we to take your interpretation as the gospel truth.

Just because you agree with one interpretation does not mean that anyone else has to.

By definition, God is an Alien, Jesus is a Hybrid, The Angels are Aliens and I guess, the Saints could be considered as Expats.

Your view is just one view, no one has proved anything.

P

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I suggest you wander outside of your comfort zone and thoroughly research claims like this. Don't rely on others to convince you of anything. The problem with many believers is that they will watch highly biased videos and do no background research into the claim because it supports their pre-existing belief. An incredibly naive approach to any situation with no definite evidence or answer.

I'm familiar with the artwork, but don't claim to be an expert in the research. So this isn't about my interpretation, it's about other people that have put in the work. And when you look at their work and can follow it's path and see it's not just a personal opinion, it logically explains what's going on.

God is an Alien, Jesus is a Hybrid, The Angels are Aliens and I guess, the Saints could be considered as Expats.

And that would be based in religion and faith.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
All explained in this old thread by user Cicada: link

And another belated thank you to Cicada.

Harte

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Funny video indeed, but unfrotuanally not space ships there..

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

What you have to do is look at the actual paintings they have been shown before and some have been ENHANCED ie FAKED by ufo believers will try and find the link tonight.

Harte beat me to it.
edit on 13-1-2017 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

What you have to do is look at the actual paintings they have been shown before and some have been ENHANCED ie FAKED by ufo believers will try and find the link tonight.

Harte beat me to it.

The subject comes up often enough here (and at other forums) that I saved the url to Cicada's thread (and to his source) in my bookmarks.

Harte

new topics

top topics

join