It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanley Black & Decker Announce Opening of New U.S. Plant After Trump White House Win

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Wonder if this is becasue of a tariff? I don't know if Trump's plans to hit companies included this one.

I can tell you that when I buy a tool and they are all from over seas, I look for the best built one and buy it. I am tired of these brands that used to be made in the US moving to 3rd world countries and still charging their US made prices.

Looks like Stanley has unveiled plans to move some manufacturing back to the US. Good for them.

Stanley Black & Decker, one of the U.S.A.’s most well known hand and power tool manufacturers, has unveiled plans to move some manufacturing back to the U.S. after the election of Donald J. Trump to the White House.
www.breitbart.com...

James Loree Stanley CEO says it just makes sense to move manufacturing back to the US, especially becasue of shaky trade relations with China ans Mexico. Is this becasue of tariff fear? Or is it suddenly profitable to make stuff here?

Stanley Black & Decker CEO James Loree said it just makes “business sense” to move manufacturing back to the U.S., especially given the uncertainty of trade relations with China and Mexico, USA Today reported.

“It’s going to be advisable to have more manufacturing in the U.S.,” Loree added.

“We believe this is an excellent opportunity to re-Americanize and revitalize this legendary brand,” he concluded.

Stanley Black & Decker has been slowly increasing jobs in the U.S. for the past several years. Its current level of some 3,000 workers is already up 800 from 2013. It is not yet known how many more jobs the company will be bringing to the U.S. as a result of its latest announcement.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I can only say that I feel the location to be irrelevant because of my past interview with a division of Stanley/Black and Decker in the US... a large diverse city in fact.

My interview was administered by a Mexican immigrant, to repair equipment with a large population of Mexicans... equipment that was used by Mexican assemblers to assemble Mexican made components into a final working component.

My point is... businesses arre much smarter then we gie them credit for. They essentially pay Mexican wages to whoever will accept it, and use VISA network to move them around the globe. So, they have to buy a few plane tickets... it surely doesn't offset what they are saving by filling their plants up with whoever will do it for less.

I would assume that the tax decrease promised to them is a draw to where they do their dirty work... of course.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

I don't know what Trump's stance on the style of capitalism that you described, but I hope that is on his list of things to do.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal
Tell me it aint so. All these jobs not going to Mexico . How many Mexicans are looking for work and were looking forward to these opportunities ?
Paraphrase of Geraldo Rivera's sentiment on Fox. I kid you not.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Well it is sad that they can't be exploited by US corps and may have a hard time finding work. The Mexican people need to reform their govt. and that would be a start to bettering their lives.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Did nafta really weaken unions bargaining power when implemented? Has that led to wage stagnation for the last
several years or was it the big recession?

edit on 7-1-2017 by Lowdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Thankyou for bringing to light ANOTHER accomplishment courtesy of Donald Trump...who's not even President yet! CNN, NBC,CBS,ABC stopped talking about these important announcements after the Carrier deal. Azzholes.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Gothmog

Well it is sad that they can't be exploited by US corps and may have a hard time finding work. The Mexican people need to reform their govt. and that would be a start to bettering their lives.

Remember , "charity begins at home"
Peace

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Im hoping it has to do with them buying Craftsman from Sears.
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

True, they dropped $900,000,000 for that opportunity. I used to like sears tools, then they started to move manufacture of some of them all over the world. So I stopped buying them.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Being objective is difficult, and the weaponized media have no inclination to be objective, only negative. Or what they are told to be.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Wait a second. So when a company announces new jobs or factories in the US, Trump gets the credit. But when a company announces layoffs and store closings during the same time period (like this), it's not because of Trump. Is that how this works now? What kind of biased crap is this?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The handwriting is on the wall !!

Lots of companies will be increasing production in the U.S.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Who are you asking that question to?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Do you think it is because Trumps tariff threat?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Lowdog

Wage stagnation started in 1975 when companies no longer shared the increase $ made from productivity gains with the workers.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

One thing that should not be unseen is Trump's affinity for money. He also has a long history of gambling money on the chances of a high return... hence, his multiple bankruptcies. I get a deep seeded feeling that Trump values money over the human to human connection and therefore will allow for whatever brings more money into the economy. I guess my point is that Trump sees a factory on American soil as a victory, when who is doing the digging is equally important, if not more important. Even if it loses money, he will always be able to say he promoted and endorsed companies staying here.

I see migrant workers as a utility to our economy. Americans are more than happy to see the migrant workers doing jobs they feel are beneath them, but fail to see the burden that these imported workers provide to our infrastructure. And, more times then not, the work that they feel is beneath them is more the fact that Uncle Sam pays more to do nothing. There is no infrastructure costs to paying somebody to sit on the couch and collect welfare.

I went long stretches without work... and it was always because I refused to take more work for less money... I never took a penny of government assistance in my life though. I turned down the Mexican goods repair job though... since I didn't want to shift Spanish to be my primary language, and I could tell that my services were in request so as to compensate for the lacking technical knowledge of their foreign coworkers... I have zero interest in supporting a global work outreach program in my own city, thanks.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: xuenchen
Do you think it is because Trumps tariff threat?

Probably the "threat" has some influence.

Another might be the (unspoken) thought of ending the untaxed foreign profits loopholes and foreign trusts.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Do we know if the "hourly compensation" includes benefits like insurance, pensions etc. ?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Well, it may be a coincidence, but many companies are repatriating production from China and the Far East back to the UK in sectors I am familiar with. Poor and inconsistent quality, transport costs, and compromised control make it less of good proposition. There is also good PR.

Trump and co may want to take the credit in the States, but they may also be riding a lucky wave.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join