It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billboards going up to thank Hollywood for Bush's re-election

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This is great!

A citizen's group has decided to take on hollywood's political left by purchasing billboards thanking them for Bush's re-election. The billboards will be set up near the theater where the Academy Awards is held. Prominently displayed on the billboards will be the likes of Barbra Streisand, Sean Penn, Whoopi Goldberg, Chevy Chase, Ben Affleck, Martin Sheen aaaaannnndddd Michael Moore, of course.

Hope the lefties in Hollywood appreciate this wonderful expression of gratitude ...

Billboards

[edit on 1/28/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   

That's really funny

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I love it!!!!

Thank You Hollywood!

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
..more reason to hate this government and the sheep who follow it...Breeding more hate is the thing to do?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Where is the conspiracy in this? This is not applicable to political conspiracies.

I also fail to understand why anybody would want to thank people who didn't support Bush. I'm guessing a lack of sense coupled with a big checkbook leads to stupidity such as this.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
psst... Those are the guys the tax cut actually benefits. I think they'll survive with their millions and large cars.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
It is real funny considering that the money spent on those billboards could build a functioning school for hundreds of children in Ethiopia. It's Hilarious!

HAHAHAHA! Let's return to traditional values, starving the poor and oppressing the downtrodden while spending our riches to keep our pride intact, traditional values, I love them!

Hey, they are thanking them for using freedom of speech. I commend them for thanking Hollywood for using their Amendment rights, and they should put up another billboard saying, "We thank ourselves for using our amendment rights to thank others for using their amendment rights. The same rights that may be under covert attack by the President that we support based on narrow beliefs in a outdated social structure that we wanted him to maintain."--That should be their next billboard sign.

[edit on 28-1-2005 by The Division Bell]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
psst... Those are the guys the tax cut actually benefits. I think they'll survive with their millions and large cars.
You got a point there.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Now let me take this moment to thank all of you for using your amendment rights. Thank you, USA still running because of you. Keep up the good work, centurion1211, mpeake, djohnsto77, dgtempe, Frith, Nerdling, and myself, The Division Bell.

Unlike the billboards in Hollywood, this message was free, and monetary funds were not ill-used for stupid reasons.

[edit on 28-1-2005 by The Division Bell]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
..more reason to hate this government and the sheep who follow it...Breeding more hate is the thing to do?

I dunno, I was going to ask Michael Moore, but he won't take my phone calls.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
Where is the conspiracy in this? This is not applicable to political conspiracies.

I also fail to understand why anybody would want to thank people who didn't support Bush. I'm guessing a lack of sense coupled with a big checkbook leads to stupidity such as this.

Sorry, but on the home page it says these are also current events threads.

And the reason they are doing it is because many believe that it was the Hollywood left's outspoken opposition to Bush that energized many people on the right to support Bush that otherwise might not have - just because they didn't like how Moore and his friends were playing their game.

Oh the irony of it all!

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Frith

Sorry, but on the home page it says these are also current events threads.

And the reason they are doing it is because many believe that it was the Hollywood left's outspoken opposition to Bush that energized many people on the right to support Bush that otherwise might not have - just because they didn't like how Moore and his friends were playing their game.

Oh the irony of it all!

The Micheal Moore film do more good than harm, I probably wouldn't have voted at all, but his film pi$$ed me off, and I voted for Kerry. If I had the choice of Nader in my state then I would have voted for him, but since Democracy is only what lawmakers want it to be there was no Nader vote for me.
In a very red state, the MM film brought out a lot of blue's..........in the political sense of blue's.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
dgtempe,

This is how you show yourself to be so unfair and with no sense of humor.

Moore does his politically biased thing and to you it's a "great documentary".

These people do their politically biased thing that's much milder than anything the Hollywood left put out and to you it's "breeding more - or is it moore?
- hate, etc."

You absolutely cannot have it only one way.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Division Bell
It is real funny considering that the money spent on those billboards could build a functioning school for hundreds of children in Ethiopia.

And Moore could have easily spent George Soros' money on several Ethiopian schools for thousands of children instead of making his hatchet job of a "movie", right?

You don't get to be hypocritical either.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The MM Film was a great experiment in human psychology, but a accurate documentary minus the narration.
Film Minus Narration=Truth

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Originally posted by dgtempe

I dunno, I was going to ask Michael Moore, but he won't take my phone calls.

He answers my calls.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   

dgtempe,

This is how you show yourself to be so unfair and with no sense of humor.

Moore does his politically biased thing and to you it's a "great documentary".

But...its one thing to report the truths that MM reported, its another to put up a billboard to na na na na na na.......I got to be president anyway....
How ridiculously inmature and stupid. Why not put up a sign that says "contrary to popular beleif in Hollywood, I am not a war monger or a dictator"-George W. Bush.

Its a lie but at least has more maturity.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
A majority of the voters in this country do not seem to agree with you that Moore's film contained truths.

Possibly because the film Fahrenhype 9/11 proved all of Moore's assertions to be false. BTW, did you also watch this film to make sure you are giving this issue a fair assessment?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   

BTW, did you also watch this film to make sure you are giving this issue a fair assessment?
I wouldnt have missed it for the world. I saw it- so i can tell you that i think "some" of it was the truth. Gospel truth? no. No one knows for sure
Hollywood can make things bigger than life, but i definately beleive the relationship between Bush and the Saudis, and the $$$ this war is raking in for this administration. I think MM could have done more damage by going deeper into the cause of 9/11.

Did YOU see it? What didnt you beleive? Did you beleive anything at all in this film? curious.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Hope the lefties in Hollywood appreciate this wonderful expression of gratitude ...

I'm sure all the little people who donated their hard earned money are comforted by the knowledge that it was used to thank hollywood. It will comfort them as they sleep, and then of course they have to wake up tomorrow, little people once again.

But, but for a single day they weren't just the poor and the miserable and the uneducated. They were a single voice of sarcasm, which they probably don't understand, thanking actors for getting politically involved...and for reminding us all that Republicans really ARE so shallow as to base their vote upon the opinion of an actor. Good going, guys.

Gosh darn it, you sure showed those millionaire celebrities with your clever use of mediocre sarcasm -- three months too late.

Thank YOU, Red State America, for reminding us all just how pathetic and insecure you really are. You truly are a living, breathing example of inferiority complexes hard at work.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join