It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Injuries reported after shots were fired at Ft. Lauderdale Airport

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Shots have been fired at an airport in Ft. Lauderdale Florida, according to reports on social media.

The shooting reportedly occurred at the Terminal 2 baggage claim. The terminal has been evacuated.

Reports indicate that nine people were shot, and one person was killed.

Reports are now saying 5 people dead in this shooting

Other passengers tweeted that they were forced to re-board an airplane after shots were fired.

Injuries reported after shots were fired at Ft. Lauderdale Airport

Link

Reports are saying 5 dead 8 wounded. Possibly another shooter in the garage area. Reports now confirm second shooter in terminal 1. THis has to be a terrorist attack.

More links

Hopefully this is not a terrorist attack after Obama said no attacks have taken place on US soil since he has been in office. Really a sad situation and I hope more people are not killed.

Link for the Obama statement

edit on 6-1-2017 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2017 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

9 wounded. shooter in custody

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Watching this on the news locally.

News is saying. 9 wounded. 3 dead. Gunman in custody.

This happened at the luggage pickup. Terminal 2. Near Air Canada and Delta. Flights affected.

They've shunted people from the terminal to the tarmak after the shooting. And it looks like they moving them via bus right now.

Former WH Press Secretary Ari Fleischer is at the airport and is tweeting.

twitter.com...
edit on 6-1-2017 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2017 by grey580 because: 3 dead

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
www.rt.com...

Shooting reported at Ft. Lauderdale airport in Florida

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Being a law abiding citizen that carries a firearm, I would love to be in a situation like this, to preserve life.

Prayers to all those affected.

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

Being a law abiding citizen that carries a firearm, I would love to be in a situation like this, to preserve life.

Prayers to all those affected.

What kinda weirdo says they "would love" to be in a situation like this? Good god. I understand the sentiment, sort of, but your phrasing is atrocious.

@ OP - Reuters is reporting at least 1 dead according to LE sources, CBS says as many as 3, also citing LE sources.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

I know. At an airport though you usually wouldn't have a gun when traveling.

Luckily enough BSO is well armed and with K-9's at that airport.

I wonder what the heck happened to spark the shooting.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

Being a law abiding citizen that carries a firearm, I would love to be in a situation like this, to preserve life. Prayers to all those affected.

Unfortunately, even most gun owning citizens would not be carrying if they are at an airport. Especially if they are taking a flight and planning to go through security screening.
edit on 6-1-2017 by Slave2theTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2017 by Slave2theTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I am starting to feel like a bear that is constantly being poked with a stick.

"A massacre a day keeps our civil liberties at bay!"
edit on 6-1-2017 by starviego because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You're right, my phrasing was inappropriate. My apologies, it would be unfortunate to be in a situation like that but I would love to be able to preserve life in a situation like that.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
saying three dead, it will keep changing.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

No worries man, and that's my bad for coming off a little strong about it. Like I said, I get the sentiment behind what you're saying but the way you said it is ripe for misinterpretation by some.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

No worries man, and that's my bad for coming off a little strong about it. Like I said, I get the sentiment behind what you're saying but the way you said it is ripe for misinterpretation by some.

im stunned. ...^^

---

im also glad to see for once, no presumptions or finger pointing or convoluted conspiracy theory yet. [knock on wood]
edit on 6-1-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

im stunned. ...

Among other things.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Why is ABC breaking into regular programming to report this shooting? Is it because it happened at an airport? People are shot in America every day.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

"I wonder what the heck happened to spark the shooting."

Unfortunately, the longer the media goes without disclosing anything about the shooter and without declaring that it is not a terror incident, the more I begin to assume that it is some form of terrorism and that the shooter is quite likely affiliated with the radicalized branches of a certain religion.

Right now, we can only wait and see. I really hope this is just a lone lunatic and not organized terrorism.

It was just reported that one person has died, and that the shooter is apparently in custody, so I fear it is not the shooter that is the casualty.

I travel to South Florida on business quite regularly (5-6 times a year). So, I am very familiar with this airport. I am getting really sick of feeling less and less safe every day.

link   

im stunned. ...

Among other things.

oh.. i spoke too soon.

link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Why is ABC breaking into regular programming to report this shooting? Is it because it happened at an airport? People are shot in America every day.

Mass shootings tend to make the news, unless you're living under a rock.

link   
Not sure why they are emptying terminals when it happened in baggage claim. Seems they did not get past TSA.

Linik

Hearing social media is popping up pics...not good.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

im stunned. ...

Among other things.

oh.. i spoke.

FTFY.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join