It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Fund Wall by US not Mexico

page: 27
<< 24  25  26   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

That is a low estimate for length, no for money. The low end estimate for money is 11.5m per mile, not 17m per mile like politico is using.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

That is a low estimate for length, no for money. The low end estimate for money is 11.5m per mile, not 17m per mile like politico is using.

As with any construction project, one can expect it to take twice as long and end up costing three times as much.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

That's what the 11.5m per mile is an estimate of. Trump says only 8m a mile but most experts agree ~12m a mile would be an average cost putting it in the 20b range.

Edit: This is based on real world costs. You are relying an assumption that costs will suddenly triple. This guys job was overseeing construction of so many projects, maybe he actually knows what he is talking about? Don't commit logical fallacies so wantonly. It is also a straw man to focus on the cost, as Trump has made it clear no matter how much it costs he is going to get th money back from Mexico.
edit on 12-1-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I read the article you posted, I don't think you understand it...

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

This is the same government that "spent" $640 on a toilet seat, $7600 on a coffee maker, and $74000 on a ladder. $20 billion may be what it should cost (still a waste of money if you ask me) but once you get bureaucracy involved costs have a habit of increasing exponentially.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

It's absolutely a waste of money and very unamerican. I agree the government wastes money, but we've also never had a legitimate businessman running it in modern memory. I am absolutely against the wall, but I'm not going to repeat inaccurate information because I disagree with it...

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

I read the article you posted, I don't think you understand it...

I understood if perfectly, but again these are all estimates - a guessing game.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: goou111

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

What exactly is the point of a wall? Mexicans have ladders... And shovels.. Just seems so pointless.

Well, ask Mexico why they built a wall on their southern border..

How about we ask them if it solved whatever problem they built it for?

It's still up so it must have.

Really? The Great wall of China is still up lol.

The great Wall of China is more than just a wall, it's art, it's got a long history. Gonna knock it down? Not likely dude.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I think this 'wall' will be the same disaster to the trump admin, the ACA was to the Obama admin.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Not exactly. In a few weeks the ACA will be repealed and in a few years it will be merely a footnote in the history books. The wall on the other hand will stand for generations to come as a monument to Trump's a**hattery.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I agree with you wholeheartedly on that. It's all a guessing game until it happens.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Plus, I think the GOP's attempt to repeal and replace the ACA will be the bigger f*** up. While the ACA is far from ideal it did do some good. And it's impossible to keep the good parts of the ACA while getting rid of the bad. Unless of course we either move to universal healthcare or heavily regulate the entire healthcare industry. Both of which are anathema to the GOP.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: filthyphilanthropist
a reply to: Sillyolme

He got elected because of the sentiment not the facts or lies. Despite popular opinion, people are not as gullible and dumb as you imply. No, it was the sentiment. Get that through your head, and then you can begin to understand how to address the issues.

Please explain that to all the folks on this thread who keep insisting that the wall will literally be built and that Mexico will somehow pay for it.
I never said that the wall wouldn't literally be built or that people didn't believe that he would literally try to have it built. Sating Mexico will pay for it expresses a deeper sentiment - an almost defiant one. "Dang it, we WILL have our cake, and we WILL eat it too." That sort of thing.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
IMO a better option to the wall is order border guards to break the knees of those who attempt to illegally cross the border. Far cheaper, gets the job done, effectively deters illegals, does not affect the natural landscape and wildlife.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Sunday, April 23, 2017

1. A Federal Judge has ruled that ObamaCare subsidies that help the "working poor" afford their health insurance, are illegal and can be stopped at any time.

2. President Trump is telling Democrats that unless they keep the $1.5 Billion for building "Trump Wall" in the budget deal to be voted on this week, he will turn off those subsidies.

Source Article: www.reuters.com...

Ironically and Unfortunately, a good number of President Trump's supporters are the "working poor". I wonder if they're willing to trade affordable health insurance, for construction of Trump's US/Mex border wall?

-cwm

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: cavedweller88

Trade between the U.S. and Mexico is around 500 Billion a Year . 3 Hundred Billion going to Mexico , and 200 Hundred Billion going to the U.S. . If President Trump decides to Change that Trade Deal by putting it on an Equal Par , Mexico will Lose 100 Billion a Year . Footing the Cost of Building a Wall between the 2 Countries would Ensure Mexico does not Lose it's Current Sweetheart Trade Deal with the U.S. . It is in Mexico's Best Interest to Pay for the Cost of Building that Wall Considering the Future Trade it would receive from the U.S. as a Favored Nation Trade Partner .

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Trump's supporters are morons. They'll support whatever he says. Mexico pays for it until the U.S pays for it. They'll let him get away with anything. He's got them all by their p#ssies.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: carewemust

Trump's supporters are morons. They'll support whatever he says. Mexico pays for it until the U.S pays for it. They'll let him get away with anything. He's got them all by their p#ssies.

Money Talks , BS Walks . Only a Real Moron would not get That........

top topics

<< 24  25  26   >>

join