It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm still here and I'm praying for you guys!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CantStandIt
a reply to: TechUnique

Good to see you around again!

My humble gratitude for the prayers! Praying for you too.

Thank you so much! It is much appreciated

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
Hi TechUnique.

If you are praying for people, please pray for my kids. One has severe autism, and the other has a very serious issue that will require a major surgery when it can be scheduled. He (and I as he is a minor) will probably end up living in the hospital for awhile prior to that.

Where there is Life there is Hope.

Thank you.

AB

Will for sure pray for your family AB!

Hang in there!
Lots of love

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

There are so many ATS people suffering or struggling with one thing or another. It was kind and thoughtful of you to start this thread. I don't think it matters what religion one follows or if they even follow any at all, it is important to keep our fellow ATS family in our hearts and mind. Prayers can't hurt. Right? I'm right there with you!

AB, still thinking of you and praying for you and your family!

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
Not at all. I am merely praying for people.

I do not know what you mean by ''merely praying for people'', or how it refutes what I offered.
"I will be praying for them. Not just for the sick people to get better"
Obviously "merely praying for people" means what I suggested, because you 'judge' people's illnesses and pains as 'bad/evil/less than optimal, and you make a suggestion to God about what to do about it.
Saying "not at all" does not make it so.

It is the will of God for believers to pray for people.

It is the "Will 'o God (tm)", according to your interpretations and beliefs about your personal book, that you 'judge' 'God's creation'? Is that what you are supposed to be 'praying' about? A suggestion box for God?

Ultimately his will is done

That's right, yet you judge it and make suggestions!
I know, the vast majority of self-proclaimed 'Xtians' do that...

The sovereignty of God is very real.

The 'sovereignty of God' is as real as unicorns!

"The Sovereignty of God is the biblical teaching that all things are under God's rule and control, and that nothing happens without His direction or permission."

That definition is so filled with scientific and logical impossibilities, it is obvious that it was written, as much of the bible, by an unenlightened person reciting his unexamined catechism and fairy tales.
So, no, the 'sovereignty of God' is as real as the 'beliefs' in such.
As far as a Universal Reality, far from it.
The most ignorant feature (if there can be such a thing) is the assumption of distinction between God and the Universe, like a programmer crapping out constant updates... with your help, obviously.

If it is your God's Will that someone be ill, who are you to ask God to do otherwise?
Though that certainly does seem to be the most common model of prayer; "Dear God, gimme, gimme, gimme what I want, what I will! In Jesus' name, Abracadabra, Amen!.....
NOW!!!"

Part of Gods will is for us to pray for people though.

1 Timothy 2:1-6 "

Quoting the bible at me is futile, after the update that leaves out all the unenlightened toxic crap, there will only be about ten pages left.
If We do a really good job, there might be a haiku!
Leave out the hateful, the ignorant, the ammunition for the haters and harassers, the nightmare...
So, offering ignorant quotes means nothing.

Knowledge = experience! That means that if all your 'understanding' of God is what you read in a book, that means that you are ignorant of God, yet Know what it says in a book, about God (perhaps).
Second hand at very best.

The 'prayer' of the mystics is not the vain, egotistical 'dialog' (and repetition) of thoughts, it is a communion, an experience of Universal Oneness, a state of unconditional Love/Enlightenment.
There is not anything else to do to/for 'others', according to Jesus, anyway, other than to Love them! Unconditionally!
He said that the only way that he will be able to recognize his followers is by their unconditional Love!

True, unconditional Love is ALWAYS recognized by It's unconditional Virtues; Compassion, Empathy, Sympathy, Gratitude, Humility, Charity ('Charity' is never taking more than your share of anything, ever!), Honesty, Happiness, Faith...
ALWAYS!

This(!) is the 'healing state of Prayer'!
It is the shining of that Love, not vainly offering God 'suggestions'!
What was that verse about Him knowing every hair on every bird (feather?), how much more that We would Know your very thoughts and desires?

Sometimes, we get what we want, but we ALWAYS get, exactly, what we need!

If God is One, that means that God is non-different than all that exists, and that means everything!
God doesn't 'interact with', God Is!

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

a reply to: namelesss

Strange. I didn't understand the op that way at all.

Not strange at all.
We are each and all unique Perspectives of Reality/Truth.
I don't expect every Perspective to mirror this one.

I kinda took it as though, in a moment when I don't have the wisdom to know where to go next or the strength to take another step to get there, here's one person who is willing to offer a prayer for me... A prayer that I might have a moment of grace to get me to the next step, the wisdom to grab it, and the gratitude that once again I have the things I need for the moment.

What a lovely Perspective! *__-
When you are enjoying the 'bottom of the barrel', would you rather receive a 'prayer', of the sort mentioned, or some damned good and Wise advice, that you might improve your situation?
Remember, every word is God's Word!
Every mouth is God's Mouth!

"God cannot know himself without me." - Meister Eckhart

"The eye by which I see God is the same as the eye by which God sees me. My eye and God's eye are one and the same." - Meister Eckhart

It makes no difference to me if folks want to pray for my demise, my rapid healing, or anything else about me...
I know that it is of no avail as it is mere vanity; what Is, Is!
Every Perfect moment of Universal existence already exists, and not a single moment can ever be made to be 'otherwise'! Ever!
The Universe/God is not going to change everything because a Churchian puts in a vain and ignorant request!

Blessings are quite often... PAINFUL!
If we really had any 'free-will/choice', we would never Know all those Blessings!

“Your task is not to seek for Love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” - Rumi

tat tvam asi (en.wikipedia.org...)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Being prayed for has always irked me, it shows that the person who does it doesn't know me or [worse] doesn't take my beliefs into consideration or thinks my beliefs are worth s4it because they know better.
I was 'bullied' at work by religious folk, reading bible texts at me whilst trying to do science, being sent emails saying that jesus loves me and that one day I will take jesus into my heart.

This is a direct, complete disregard of my own values.

With that, I believe you are a nice person and that YOU need your religion but just so you know how it feels [and I mean this from the bottom of my heart]:
May Satan be with you and you will take Satan into your heart one day. I am doing a ritual just for you. x

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Sorry but I refuse to properly acknowledge the last 3 replies or get drawn out into a fruitless and long winded debate over them. That's not what this thread is about and I refuse to let myself turn it into that.

As a final note for the last two posters here is some scripture and then a prayer: Matthew 5:44 "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;"

Romans 8:31 "What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?"

I will pray for you both regardless of what you say. You need it as much as anyone. I pray that you will not continue in deception and will repent and know the truth therefore being set free. And I rebuke any pagan or satanic ritual you do for me. In Jesus name.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Thank you! I appreciate all prayers, good wishes, healing thoughts and positive vibes sent our way. We use each and every energetic/spiritual gift immediately - none go to waste!

- AB

@Nightstar - Thank you, too, Night. You are a bright star here at ATS and so appreciated!

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Ah, I see now where we differ.

Your understanding of a prayer is different than mine.

You see prayer as a request for a certain outcome that would please the requestor.

Perhaps we may even agree that approach is 'vain and ignorant', if that is the only type of conversation ever initiated with God. But just like the infinite reasons for conversation among humans, there are infinite reasons for prayer.

A prayer is simply a conversation with the Divine. A conscious deliberate openness to two-way communication with the I Am.

Quite loving of you to characterize it as a 'vain and ignorant' ritualistic process, though. Makes me want to be enlightened just like you.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Ah, I see now where we differ.

Your understanding of a prayer is different than mine.

You see prayer as a request for a certain outcome that would please the requestor.

No, not for me, anyway.
That is vastly the most common form of 'prayer', though.
My experience with prayer is the mystical union, as I have described.
No ego involved.

Perhaps we may even agree that approach is 'vain and ignorant', if that is the only type of conversation ever initiated with God. But just like the infinite reasons for conversation among humans, there are infinite reasons for prayer.

Perhaps infinite reasons, but the vast majority of those reasons are requests that 'my' Will B Done!
There is no 'reason' for the mystical union/prayer.

A prayer is simply a conversation with the Divine.

Only some prayers are such.
As I said, the mystical union contains no ego; no thoughts, no 'conversations'.

A conscious deliberate openness to two-way communication with the I Am.

The prayer of the ego is the two way conversation, between a 'God' and an 'other', namely a 'me'.
The mystic knows (experiences) that there is no 'other'.
Omni- means that God is ALL inclusive!
God is One, no 'others', all inclusive.
Thus, no conversations with an 'other'.

Quite loving of you to characterize it as a 'vain and ignorant' ritualistic process, though. Makes me want to be enlightened just like you.

I appreciate the (vain and ignorant) sarcasm, but, if the shoe fits...
If my calling a vain and ignorant spade a spade bothers you (that is a sign of Truth), rather than attempting to dismiss it with juvenile sarcasm, you might ask me to clearly explain what I mean, and you would then have the intellectual tools to refute me with your irrefutable logic and experience.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Sorry but I refuse to properly acknowledge the last 3 replies or get drawn out into a fruitless and long winded debate over them. That's not what this thread is about and I refuse to let myself turn it into that.

As a final note for the last two posters here is some scripture and then a prayer: Matthew 5:44 "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;"

Romans 8:31 "What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?"

I will pray for you both regardless of what you say. You need it as much as anyone. I pray that you will not continue in deception and will repent and know the truth therefore being set free. And I rebuke any pagan or satanic ritual you do for me. In Jesus name.

You rebuke my ritual? How much ruder can you get? And you still pray for me despite me explaining why I find this annoying? How much disrespect can you give me? I still think you are nice. You didn't read my post and why I said what I said [more disrespect].
You are not my enemy and I wish you no harm [But I am yours apparently - tells me a lot]!

Personally I was just making a point and you missed it big time. Just as you still pray for me, I will still do my ritual for you, until you lot understand how it feels when you do it to to those that have politely declined.

May Satan be with you!
edit on 7-1-2017 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

You rebuke my ritual? How much ruder can you get? And you still pray for me despite me explaining why I find this annoying? How much disrespect can you give me? I still think you are nice. You didn't read my post and why I said what I said [more disrespect].
You are not my enemy and I wish you no harm [But I am yours apparently - tells me a lot]!

Personally I was just making a point and you missed it big time. Just as you still pray for me, I will still do my ritual for you, until you lot understand how it feels when you do it to to those that have politely declined.

May Satan be with you!

Whatever floats your boat. I still rebuke it and I still pray for you. I feel for you and will pray for your deception.

God bless.

<< 1  2   >>

join