It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam. Reason why its growing & How Iran reacted to the Islamic Revolution.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
For a long time as a westerner and as I am sure many western people are aware, seeing Islamic culture become such a large movement it has become, has shocked many of us. Considering I am someone who finds religion very much a non-needed adaption to life, I still find it intriguing and odd how so many are controlled by its grasp still to this day. However throughout history, there has been a very clear message that the minorities untouched by faith have stood up against its mite. However those minorities have fallen due to the majority of turned followers by force or violence and other methods.

The below quote shows how the Islamic faith is just behind Christianity in the overall followers it has throughout the world. It also states how the main reason Islamic faith is growing substantially is due to where its situated. Those countries it is situated close to and around are in areas where overall business and general growth is occurring faster then anywhere in the world. This also effects the rate in which migration is occurring to others countries, such as America and the UK. Its outreach is growing.

"As of 2010, Christianity was by far the world's largest religion, with an estimated 2.2 billion adherents, nearly a third (31 percent) of all 6.9 billion people on Earth," the Pew report says. "Islam was second, with 1.6 billion adherents, or 23 percent of the global population. "The main reason Muslims are growing not only in number but in share worldwide is because of where they live," Alan Cooperman, Pew's director of religion research, tells NPR's Tom Gjelten. "Muslim populations are concentrated in some of the fastest-growing parts of the world."
LINK

We are also becoming dependable on foreign fuels, such as the oil which the world is ruled by at this current point in time. This gives Arab's the overall money flow that they would have otherwise not gained, had we not given their resources such wealth by our greed and needs. We are in effect breeding this growth from all aspects.

Iranian Revolution, 1979

It was interesting that many Islamic followers deem its faith as peaceful and righteous to men and women. However when you take a look at the revolution of 1979 in Iran and The day 100,000 Iranian women protested the headscarf. I found this interesting that in such a climate as the Iranian Revolution, 1979. That women and men stood up against the enforcement of Islam. Yet the very next day, where deemed legally to wear a headscarf from that day forward. Which later resulted in these legal aspects being enforced.

Within months of the founding of the Islamic Republic of Iran, the 1967 Family Protection Law was repealed; female government workers were forced to observe Islamic dress code; women were barred from becoming judges; beaches and sports were sex-segregated; the legal age of marriage for girls was reduced to 9 (later raised to 13); and married women were barred from attending regular schools.

This was interesting considering how they fought against the changes yet lost and had to live with the implementation of new laws and serious humane loses in their lives. I would estimate that many 100,000's more ladies and men would have stood up against the revolution but feared their lives changed forever if so.

So we look at today's world. People wondering how these men and women can abide by such terrible inhumane choices and yet its accepted in many countries around the world. Well, it would be down to forceful and extreme control over it's people. Religion used yet again as a tool to control.
edit on 4-1-2017 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Islam is peaceful as long as it exists in a bubble where it is the only religion and there is no dissent. Keep in mind that this is a relatively modern phenomenon.

In the past, during the Islamic Golden Age, new ideas and other faiths were tolerated as were alternative philosophies such as Hellenism which in large part survives because of Muslim scholars translating works previously lost to the West.

Maimonides wrote his most influential works living under Islam, that is very telling.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm still reading through your post but I do want to point out one small thing because I think alot of people are not aware and it explains the different sects of Islam to and extent AND why there is so much infighting

This gives Arab's the overall money flow that they would have otherwise not gained

Iranians are not Arab's

edit on 1/4/17 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Tman2135

That's with any religion not just Islam. That's the point of religion, to keep us divided and uninterested or even against compromise. Religions are bubbles and when they touch they usually burst from the friction.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Yeah I guess I was not clear on my meaning. Did not mean they are the same, just that how Iran was effected by other Islamic areas of the world by this kind of funding.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Bring on the electric car and the financial ruin of Saudi Arabia due to the lack of demand for oil.

Then Islam will slow down.

Islam is the establishment in the Middle East. And I can think of nothing scarier.
edit on 4-1-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

What's scarier is the West and Christianity, that's the establishment in this part of the world and we are some serious warmongers.

Islam's establishment is pretty scary too though so don't get me wrong.
edit on 1/4/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

Is it really Christianity though?

Yes there are warmongers among the US government, but they all act like they worship money and power more than any God.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

What's scarier is the West and Christianity, that's the establishment in this part of the world and we are some serious warmongers.

I would happily say both concern me and always have. Since a youngster and seeing how brainwashed these religious zombies are walking around, doing without thinking or questioning. Our brains overall seem to be the biggest problem to our growth as humans, new minds born having to learn all that is currently on offer in the information rich world. Easy for new minds to get lost and I do feel it is the simple process for why we continue to have this fight against those that follow a faith and those that do not.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

I would happily say both concern me and always have. Since a youngster and seeing how brainwashed these religious zombies are walking around, doing without thinking or questioning. Our brains overall seem to be the biggest problem to our growth as humans, new minds born having to learn all that is currently on offer in the information rich world. Easy for new minds to get lost and I do feel it is the simple process for why we continue to have this fight against those that follow a faith and those that do not.

Yes, organised religion is designed in part to give predetermined answers to life's FAQ's.

That in turn has evolved into systems of society like Islamic purist nations i.e. Saudi Arabia and Iran for Islam and the Vatican for Christianity being some of the most visibly obvious.

I would also add that Atheism at a State level does not work either - the former USSR was an Atheist state with religion heavily suppressed. After communism fell, Christianity in particular flourished.

As we all know but do not seem to espouse very often, religion and state need to maintain a degree of separation. People need to be free to choose what they believe, including lack of belief. And said beliefs should never become the system of rule.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
I'm still reading through your post but I do want to point out one small thing because I think alot of people are not aware and it explains the different sects of Islam to and extend AND why there is so much infighting

This gives Arab's the overall money flow that they would have otherwise not gained

Iranians are not Arab's

Furthermore Iranians are Shia, not Sunni.

ISIS and most terrorist Islamic groups have a dual agenda;

1) To spread Wahhabi Islam (The fundamentalist version of it) and crush all non Islamic religions.

2) To eradicate 'heretical' versions of Islam ie Shia and Suffi, Baha'i among others

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
1 - religion is a necessary evil. its been with us since day 1 (evolutionist or creationist perspective).
religion and politics are mutually exclusive.
hierarchies presented in the bibles/korans/others are a direct reflection of all and any political system.

2 - iran is not iraq or afgan or pakis, iran is doing just fine. look at their crime rate, homicide rate, aids/hiv rates, cancer, life expectancy, drug over dose rate, health care availability, how many other countries Iran has dropped a bomb into, when was the last time Iran was at war, etc... compared to say.. America.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

Iranians are not Arab's

It should also be noted that many to most Muslims don't live in the middle east either. So judging the actions of the whole religion by the people who live in that particular region of the world is a leading driver of most misunderstanding between Muslims and the western world.
edit on 4-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

Prior to the Iranian revolution of 1979 .... when Iran was Persia and ruled by

the Pahlavi dynasty. The ruling Shah saw conservative Islamic traditions

as a road block to progress and westernisation.

The Shah banned traditional Islamic dress and forbade women to go out in public

veiled.

www.gohistorygo.com...

There is a picture in that link taken in the 1960's which could easily be mistaken

for having been taken in Paris. California or Hollywood

That picture is hard to believe today!!
edit on 4-1-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject
For a long time as a westerner and as I am sure many western people are aware, seeing Islamic culture become such a large movement it has become, has shocked many of us. Considering I am someone who finds religion very much a non-needed adaption to life, I still find it intriguing and odd how so many are controlled by its grasp still to this day.

What you think is done under duress is actually usually done willingly because Islam is actually a sensible spiritual religion and the world doesn't care about some atheist at his computer controlled by something else, the basic will of society imposed upon you to conform to someone's standards and think Islam is a problem for the west when it is not Muslims invading Europe and America but the other way around and arming "rebels" against the Russian backed Assad regime.

Sounds like Islam should be more worried about atheism than visa versa.

However throughout history, there has been a very clear message that the minorities untouched by faith have stood up against its mite. However those minorities have fallen due to the majority of turned followers by force or violence and other methods.

If only European Christianity didn't do the same damn thing on a larger scale for a longer time I would see your point.

But at the same time Islam has been the more tolerant of the two religions living in mutual harmony until the Crusades, Islam also triggered advances in science that Europeans later learned, algebra, alchemy which led to chemistry and had a vibrant, advanced culture while Europe was suffering through the dark ages.

Catholicism may have led to the fall of the Roman Empire, when it was a tolerant pagan culture it was unstoppable but fell only a few centuries after Constantine while the whily Church managed to survive regardless

The below quote shows how the Islamic faith is just behind Christianity in the overall followers it has throughout the world. It also states how the main reason Islamic faith is growing substantially is due to where its situated. Those countries it is situated close to and around are in areas where overall business and general growth is occurring faster then anywhere in the world. This also effects the rate in which migration is occurring to others countries, such as America and the UK. Its outreach is growing.

Just maybe all that propaganda about Islamic Terrorism being "Fundamental" and"Radical" was successful, truthfully it sounds like Islam has got it going on.

Just not around Israel. Syria and Palestine are in their sights, they will probably rebuild the demolished cities and settle Syria within 20 years. The Dome of the Rock being destroyed would start a **** storm that would expose Israel as terrorists and expose their lack of numbers and lose them support.

The UN seems to be taking a stance against Israel lately, rightfully so, after settling in Palestine illegally and making it unlivable for Palestinians who will never leave their home.

"As of 2010, Christianity was by far the world's largest religion, with an estimated 2.2 billion adherents, nearly a third (31 percent) of all 6.9 billion people on Earth," the Pew report says. "Islam was second, with 1.6 billion adherents, or 23 percent of the global population. "The main reason Muslims are growing not only in number but in share worldwide is because of where they live," Alan Cooperman, Pew's director of religion research, tells NPR's Tom Gjelten. "Muslim populations are concentrated in some of the fastest-growing parts of the world."
LINK

We are also becoming dependable on foreign fuels, such as the oil which the world is ruled by at this current point in time. This gives Arab's the overall money flow that they would have otherwise not gained, had we not given their resources such wealth by our greed and needs. We are in effect breeding this growth from all aspects.

Oil will sell regardless of who buys it and they have a right to make a living, it's not a bad thing that more people are finding God either.

Iranian Revolution, 1979

It was interesting that many Islamic followers deem its faith as peaceful and righteous to men and women. However when you take a look at the revolution of 1979 in Iran and The day 100,000 Iranian women protested the headscarf. I found this interesting that in such a climate as the Iranian Revolution, 1979. That women and men stood up against the enforcement of Islam. Yet the very next day, where deemed legally to wear a headscarf from that day forward. Which later resulted in these legal aspects being enforced.

Every culture has war, not just Persians and Arabs.

US backed the Shah of Iran who was corrupt and in the CIA's pocket and they decided that they were not going to let America run their country with impunity anymore.

US would do the same thing if Iran ran America or Israel.

Oh, wait, Israel does and they do nothing. Idiots. Trump is a Zionist stooge.

Within months of the founding of the Islamic Republic of Iran, the 1967 Family Protection Law was repealed; female government workers were forced to observe Islamic dress code; women were barred from becoming judges; beaches and sports were sex-segregated; the legal age of marriage for girls was reduced to 9 (later raised to 13); and married women were barred from attending regular schools.

This was interesting considering how they fought against the changes yet lost and had to live with the implementation of new laws and serious humane loses in their lives. I would estimate that many 100,000's more ladies and men would have stood up against the revolution but feared their lives changed forever if so.

So we look at today's world. People wondering how these men and women can abide by such terrible inhumane choices and yet its accepted in many countries around the world. Well, it would be down to forceful and extreme control over it's people. Religion used yet again as a tool to control.

Oh, poor atheist, scared of a religion and you think everything you hear about the world is true but your own reports don't say Terrorism is growing just Islam.

Because it is a cool religion.
edit on 4-1-2017 by TerriblePhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
1 - religion is a necessary evil. its been with us since day 1 (evolutionist or creationist perspective).
religion and politics are mutually exclusive.
hierarchies presented in the bibles/korans/others are a direct reflection of all and any political system.

2 - iran is not iraq or afgan or pakis, iran is doing just fine. look at their crime rate, homicide rate, aids/hiv rates, cancer, life expectancy, drug over dose rate, health care availability, how many other countries Iran has dropped a bomb into, when was the last time Iran was at war, etc... compared to say.. America.

Israel needs the world to believe Iranians are evil because they want to be the sole nuclear power in the region.

Pakistan has nukes, mostly Muslims, and has never used one.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Bring on the electric car and the financial ruin of Saudi Arabia due to the lack of demand for oil.

Then Islam will slow down.

Islam is the establishment in the Middle East. And I can think of nothing scarier.

Why would you want to destabilize a nation with people who need to live?

What did they do to deserve that?

Being Muslim is wrong now?

Islam scaring you makes me think you are a blank slate who absorbs propaganda like a sponge because you don't have knowledge beyond what you are told to think. Your thoughts are implants.

You are an extremist just by fearing a religion.

Because it is a good thing that Arabs and others who are Muslim have a culture to organize around.

If only the west didn't interfere and stopped once Saddam was captured as they said if he willingly stepped down they would not invade so why where they there for ten years?
edit on 4-1-2017 by TerriblePhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TerriblePhoenix

I get very concerned for the human race when people like yourself reply in a manner which you really believe is right. We are all welcome to our opinions but when those opinions are based on something that has no fact or proven truths, I can only but put those types of people down to low IQ.

You wish to deem me an Atheist, sure if that makes you feel more comfortable. However I would deem myself a realist. Not one of your loved phrases that like to promote yet another belief. I do not believe anything but the fact, the world is real. I can touch it, thats all their needs to be in anyones life. If some people feel that their life is so non magical as it is, that they need added support to have a reason to get up in the morning then by all means but not for me thanks. The only part that scares me is the fact most people are not content with the life they are given.

I am aware of all the added reasons why Islam and rebels stand as they do, nothing new. Still they were already in progression before that.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I don't wish to deem you anything, it is just a word.

You probably get nervous a lot. But you don't know what is going on in the Middle East if you think Islam is the problem.

I don't need to say much more other than stop being a sponge for propaganda but I think it is late for that.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

You made a thread about the growth of Islam due to positive reasons and tried to turn it into a negative because they are Muslims and you are of the generation that was programmed to view Muslims as Terrorists.

Most people have grown up and realized that is b.s. and we have been lied to all along, especially about Islam and terrorism. Television no longer portrays all Muslims as terrorists the news recognises most are peaceful innocent victims and casualties of a war and that westerners are just as guilty for Syria with drone strikes decimating cities and while it's toned down (our responsibility) most educated adults know it is not Mohammed's fault or Islam's.

People don't want stable Arabic states so close to Israel. Iran scares the piss out of them because they are a stable nation and is always calling for an invasion.

Syrians have the bad luck of being too close to Israel.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join