It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump blasts Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel for record-setting 762 homicides

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
President Elect Trump addressed the Chicago shooting problem in a Tweet to Mayor Rahm Emanuel.

He says Emanuel should ask for Federal help !!

What does "Federal help" mean ?

The article says Chicago confiscated over 8,000 guns in 2016.

Trump blasts Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel for record-setting 762 homicides and 4,331 shooting victims in 2016 and says he 'must ask for Federal help' if he can't fix Windy City

Donald Trump used his Twitter bully pulpit on Monday to blast Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel for allowing his city's murder and firearms shooting rates to spiral out of control.

'Chicago murder rate is record setting – 4,331 shooting victims with 762 murders in 2016,' Trump tweeted.

'If Mayor can't do it he must ask for Federal help!'

2016 was one of the most violent years in Chicago history with the most homicides in two decades – more than New York and Los Angeles combined.

The nation's third largest city also saw 1,100 more shooting incidents last year than it did in 2015, according to data released Sunday by the Chicago Police Department.

Ask for "federal help" Wow, come on people , Trump is a DUMB ASS!

LOL, Federal Help!!! ROFL

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
IMHO...If Rahm Emanuel abides by Trump's call for him to ask for Federal help? I believe Trump will declare martial law on the low income districts of Chicago [along with other cities like Baltimore, Maryland], then he'll send in the National Guard with tanks an loaded weapons, and start a war of attrition with the cold bloodied murder of the Black and Latino gangs [With Trump's past Tweet: Trump praising the Phillippine president Duterte for the malicious murder of thousands of drug addicts, drug dealers and gang members] --- THEN WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE!!!
Maybe this madman [Trump] will be impeached --- But I'm not holding my breath.

edit on 3-1-2017 by Erno86 because: deleted an added a word

edit on 3-1-2017 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 3-1-2017 by Erno86 because: added a sentence

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
IMHO...If Rahm Emanuel abides by Trump's call for him to ask for Federal help? I believe Trump will declare martial law on the low income districts of Chicago [along with other cities like Baltimore, Maryland], then he'll send in the National Guard with tanks an loaded weapons, and start a war of attrition with the cold bloodied murder of the Black and Latino gangs [With Trump's past Tweet: Trump praising the Phillippine president Duterte for the malicious murder of thousands of drug addicts, drug dealers and gang members] --- THEN WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE!!!
Maybe this madman [Trump] will be impeached --- But I'm not holding my breath.

So lets see...Chicago is nearly a war zone. There are good people trapped by the political and economic local, liberal government and can't escape the killing. The same government has decided to ignore federal law and allow illegals, including criminals to run rampant. And you assume that Trump wants to go in with the National Guard to clear out the killers...and that is somehow wrong?

Maybe you should take a trip to the area, walk the streets with your wife and children in tow and introduce yourself to the poor people who have to hide behind window shades, in darkened rooms and avoid stray bullets. Maybe you should rent yourself an apartment there for a month and THEN decide if you need some help...not from the local government who thinks everything is butterflies and roses, but from a police force that can get rid of the criminal element, provide a real future for the law abiding people and clean up the democratic corruption that created this little piece of Hell.

Maybe you should wait and judge the man (Trump) by his actions instead of the leftist propaganda that has been shoved down your throat by the same people allowing the murders in Chicago?
edit on 1/4/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
If you are found guilty of a crime where you used a gun, then it should be the death penalty.

That would curb it.

Please stop being an idiot.

I remember a story from a couple years a go where a guy was convicted of a felony for discharging a weapon because his house was robbed. When he found the guy robbing his neighbor he put one round in the dirt waiting for police. Yeah, we should definitely have a public hanging for him.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Aren't most of these shooting related to fights between the gangs dealing and stealing drugs, a major money making activity.

It's a smaller, localized version of what more powerful countries and persons are doing in the world.

It's money and the need to project power to control the money operations.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: xuenchen

Are laws being enforced?

Seems to me, if criminals aren't afraid of the consequences of their actions, then they would see no reason to change.

Yes and No

Right now, Chicago Police are not really looking for offenders ahead of time.

They act as reactionaries only.

Lawsuits are the problem.

Aren't you the one that's posted more than once about CPD's "black site" program?

But now you're blaming lawsuits for the corruption in CPD?

Seriously?!?

The Homan Square facility is for people being interrogated and/or arrested.

Strictly reactionary.

And that "program" has slowed down too because of the recent highlighting.

Sounds like you are a big reactionary too.

Chicago sued for 'unconstitutional and torturous' Homan Square police abuse

My god, you actually responded to somebody calling you out. Will wonders never cease?

Pointing out your duality is hardly reactionary, Xue. In fact, in one of your threads about it you used the line "Big Government, Big Police" to highlight your opinion on CPD and Homan Square. Yet now you're singing a different tune and blaming something else entirely for CPD's shortcomings.

Hilarious.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Sounds like you have a problem.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Perhaps if you keep repeating the same things over and over it'll be true one day.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

An I'm correct in assuming that you would prefer a police state in the U.S. over a democratic one? Let the chips fall where they may, and you'll probably know what side I'll be on.

Don't let perfect be the enemy of good, or you might find that free fire zones are detrimental due to collateral damage.

Erno

edit on 4-1-2017 by Erno86 because: deleted a word

edit on 4-1-2017 by Erno86 because: added a sentence

edit on 4-1-2017 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 4-1-2017 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 4-1-2017 by Erno86 because: added a word

edit on 4-1-2017 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuencheni have know people who have legally bought fully auto submachine guns who had less hoops to jump through. specifivally an uzi and a mac 10 didn't like the mac 10 its like holding a jackhammer hard to keep on target . you should not have a city doing any kinda of antigun rules that should be a state right only.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33
yes they both had batf paperwork and paid the tax stamp thing . they were the owners of two different shooting ranges i used to frequent.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I am going to be there tomorrow. Last time I was in 5 people got shot. Coincidence?

I am not trying to be cheeky here, but are you suggesting that either you shot them or they were shot because you were there?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Yes.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ok, thank you for clarification.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It's time for Donald Trump to initiate a Federal Order, or something. Eleven people shot in Chicago over the past 13 hours today.

It's crazy that you can refresh this Chicago Tribune page every hour, and the listing grows.
www.chicagotribune.com...

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join