It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Martin on Carrie Fisher: Can a Man Still Notice a Woman’s Beauty?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I always get comments on how dashing and handsome I am, never about my wit or modesty so as a man am I supposed to tell off all the ladies who say so?. nope I will just agree with them.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: kibric
a reply to: Anaana

Small Jewish Woman

Oh really...I was not expecting that...so what, like Bette Midler?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

You want them to comment on it's absence?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

It's best to ignore these idiots. If you stop giving them press their currency drops to zero.
edit on 1/2/17 by 123143 because: BLOODY TINY KEYBOARD.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Blame JJ Abrams! He just haaaad to go making Star Wars: The SJW Awakens and now all the crazies came out of the galactic woodwork.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Can you explain why Star wars was a SJW movie because I can't see it. Is it to do with a strong female lead? just like the first Star Wars?.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Google it. There's endless discussions about it.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I've just found out Scarlette Johansson is Jewish and at 5' 3" I think she qualifies...so I think we can add the Avengers series to that list.

I'm off to look for more small Jewish women.

Natalie Portman too...and 5' 3"...and she was in the prequel trilogy...OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 2-1-2017 by Anaana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: everyone

People should stop being so scared of this SJW BS and be proud to stand up to it. Let them call you a racist or a misogynist or whatever but no matter what even when they do you can still even get to be president of the united states!

The proof is in the pudding and there is nothing to lose and only to gain when we stand up against this.

Its happening .... its happening in small ways, people ARE fed up!!

# Brexit?

# Trump?

Watch this space
Its happening

HEAR HEAR

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anaana

That's no indication he knew her well. I can only go by her own words.

And those words you quoted have exactly what to do with what he said?

He said in remembrance of her that he found her beautiful, and? What you just posted has zero bearing on anything he said. Even if he did not know her at all he could not be wrong in what he said.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Carrie Fisher, that's what they had in common.

He said in remembrance of her that he found her beautiful, and? What you just posted has zero bearing on anything he said. Even if he did not know her at all he could not be wrong in what he said.

It did because they were words that Carrie Fisher said. She's dead but that doesn't mean she didn't leave us with a clear understanding of her opinion. I think she was intelligent enough to be amused by the whole thing, but I didn't know her. I am not saying that there was anything wrong in what he said, I'm saying big whoot people got offended which offended more people. That's about my position on all this. It's entertaining.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: CantStandIt
a reply to: Profusion

I'm a girl, and the fact that Mr Martin felt he had to delete his tweet breaks my heart!

The ultimate irony... The people complaining are the very people who can't possibly get to know how smart and caring another person is, because they can't stop self-indulging in constant criticism of others long enough.

I felt exactly the same way about it. I also wonder why they think it is better to delete their message. It only enables creatures like that to claim they were right about it all along, which obviousness they are not.

People should stop being so scared of this SJW BS and be proud to stand up to it. Let them call you a racist or a misogynist or whatever but no matter what even when they do you can still even get to be president of the united states!

The proof is in the pudding and there is nothing to lose and only to gain when we stand up against this.

I agree it is time to stand up.

I am Nickn3 and I have been called a misogynists, a sexist, a racist and many more vile names.
This usually occurs when some would-be SJW can't think of anything relevant to say to me or about me. Hurtful name calling is what I mentally referred to as liberal attack posture 2.
In my example LAP-2 usually happens when said SJW realises that their argument is lost on me or that I simply don't care what they think. This if followed by loud voices and the inevitable point where they are proven right and my language skills deteriorates to that of my sailer roots. The name calling attackers are a waste of oxygen and best to be ignored.

My heart goes out to Mr. Martin loosing any friend is extremely difficult, and a beautiful lady even more so. Ms. Fisher was without a doubt very beautiful, talented, and intelligent. She will be sorely missed by many.

You described it very well and eloquently.

Also, i think steve should left that tweet up as a example so everyone could see the insanity of these people.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
There was a time when overly vocal morons were ignored and left to fade into obscurity.. now we give them a platform, get mad at them and discuss them endlessly while giving them the attention they desperately crave.

I don't know who's triggering who anymore.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Carrie Fisher, that's what they had in common.

It did because they were words that Carrie Fisher said. She's dead but that doesn't mean she didn't leave us with a clear understanding of her opinion. I think she was intelligent enough to be amused by the whole thing, but I didn't know her. I am not saying that there was anything wrong in what he said, I'm saying big whoot people got offended which offended more people. That's about my position on all this. It's entertaining.

You seem to be in a different universe then me. What she said in that quote simply have zero bearing on his opinion of her followed by you claiming he did not know her very well because of that. Nothing you claimed for the reason that you did makes any sense.

I also find nothing entertaining about it but to each his own.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

I know I have seen the arguments and I just can't see it.
The galaxy in star wars was always diverse with aliens and such it didn't change just some made a mountain of a molehill.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

What you were expecting me to have a quote from her about Steve Martin's actual comments. How?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
There was a time when overly vocal morons were ignored and left to fade into obscurity.. now we give them a platform, get mad at them and discuss them endlessly while giving them the attention they desperately crave.

I don't know who's triggering who anymore.

Not in my experience. Overtly vocal morons used to be put back in their place like you do with spoiled whiny brats. The same thing is happening now nation wide as it would when you stop putting whiny brats in their place and point it out to them why.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoMon, 02 Jan 2017 15:35:50 -06001720171America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Well, that's small Jewish women for you...unfathomable.

ETA Buffy!!!! Is 5' 4" small? What's the cut off? I think I need clarity.

It's ALL falling into place now.

edit on 2-1-2017 by Anaana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

What you were expecting me to have a quote from her about Steve Martin's actual comments. How?

You are getting so ridiculous it is not even slightly humorous.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Well, think about, even just a little bit, she is talking about how she disliked being judged on her looks, it is at least a little relevant isn't it? I think it is, does my opinion not count?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join