It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Shoe On The Side Of The Road

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This is a phenomenon that has long caught my attention.
Any body else ever notice it?
I've thought about collecting them, but I'm afraid I might find one with a foot still in it.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

shoes at the roadside are a sign of idiocy - not paranormal

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
There is a wiki entry on this

en.m.wikipedia.org...

I believe many come from crashes, or maybe one legged people trow the one they don't need out of the window

Reddit also always got a few k post threads on everything

www.reddit.com...

you always find what people reads on the crapper there.
edit on 1-1-2017 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I've wondered if some if them may be a beacon for a rendezvous point.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

Why dont you hang around one for a few days and see if anyone comes looking for a "rendezvous"

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
And they happen in cycles it seems. We had to travel a section of interstate one day a week for 2 years. We saw all kinds of things.

Road kill would be mostly deer one time, racoons another time, possums another day. And not in close proximity like they were together. Miles apart!

We only saw footwear twice. The first time it was a pair of boots & one sneaker. Another time it was three different shoes a few miles apart.

Maybe in nice weather people lay back & put their feet up on the dashboard. The right foot maybe resting on the door with the window rolled down. If there are mostly right feet apparel, that could be a reason. But you would expect flip flops or slip on shoes. Not boots or sneakers! They wouldn't be able to go back on a one way interstate & get them either!

I figured some could be teenagers goofing off too.
You never know! But it does seem weird how even pieces of tires seem to happen on certain days.

One of life's little mysteries!

WOQ

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

There is some 'postulate of probability' that makes you prescient.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Somebody is picking up at least some of them.
I'll see the same shoe on the side of the road for a few days, and then it's gone.
Maybe coyotes are snatching them for chew toys.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

Why dont you hang around one for a few days and see if anyone comes looking for a "rendezvous"
Hello officer. I'm just hanging out with this shoe waiting to see what happens.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

A more likely answer might be that people are jerks and don't care where they throw their garbage. Sometimes that garbage will be shoes.
edit on 1-1-2017 by MiddleInitial because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

Hello officer. I'm just hanging out with this shoe waiting to see what happens.

HAHA

I genuinely lold at that

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
It wasn't Ghandi's...

As Gandhi stepped aboard a train one day, one of his shoes slipped off and landed on the track.

He was unable to retrieve it as the train started rolling. To the amazement of his companions, Gandhi calmly took off his other shoe and threw it back along the track to land close to the first shoe.

Asked by a fellow passenger why he did that, Gandhi replied, 'the poor man who finds the shoe lying on the track will now have a pair he can use.'

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Yes, I've noticed it for decades. I always think accident or teens throwing each other's shoes out of the window for kicks but most likely accident. Seeing a lone shoe always gives me pause though. I feel uneasy at the sight. I do notice they tend to disappear after a bit if it's a road I travel often enough.

I suppose lone shoe scenes could be checked with accident reports; something I never did follow up on.

Pairs of shoes should not be separated and when they are there's a sense of something amiss.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
As a teenager and on till now, I see people leaned back and riding with their feet out the window. Strong wind vs untied shoes......

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

How have I missed people riding with their feet out of the window? Is it a game to see how long the shoes stay on?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Oh yeah we comment on it all the time and often joke about collecting them as well. Check this out...we have a mystery that has been going on for years in the Northwest.

Severed feet — still inside shoes — keep mysteriously washing up on Pacific Northwest shores
www.washingtonpost.com... /?utm_term=.002918f360c6

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Haha! This is funny, because it happens all over! Been noticing it for years. Panties are one thing - I always figure a drunk passenger laughed and peed a little (or a lot), but the one shoe thing is odd.

Now the pair of shoes hanging from a wire... That's when a demon clown killed and ate a child. Or that's how we figured it as kids.

ETA: sorry for the redundancy of placing "demon" before "clown"
edit on 1/1/2017 by dogstar23 because: Unnecessary, extra redundancy of un-needed need words beyond what was required to get the point across

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Hidinout

Wow. I'm in the NW and haven't heard of this. Thanks for giving me horror story fodder, actually thanks in advance from my 4 year old!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInitial
a reply to: Hidinout

Wow. I'm in the NW and haven't heard of this. Thanks for giving me horror story fodder, actually thanks in advance from my 4 year old!
Oh sorry, but yeah creepy stuff, we go to the coast a lot and I'd hate to find a shoe with a foot in it!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Weird stuff.

Once, when I was young and drunk, I lost a shoe.
Just one.
I missed it loads. 4" stilletto heel 'do me shoes'.

And today someone wrote me a poem, about me being a bag lady with one shoe.

Synchronicity, or what???
edit on 1-1-2017 by Mandy555 because: Better shoe description

top topics

<<   2 >>

join