It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion, what a farce it is.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

"that means I don't want my science to be based on faith"

^^^that..... is the ever-returning Mindf*k.

...your science honey IS based on faith.
since 'science' is a consciousness - not one you may think is presumably yours -
but which is ruling you by your own choice.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: loNeNLI

since 'science' is a consciousness - not one you may think is presumably yours -

No
All true science is based on empirical evidence and the scientific method, outside of that, science is just a faith

When will people learn to use the mind they are given appropriately

So again
Show me the evidence, not the suggestion assumption

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: loNeNLI

No
All true science is based on empirical evidence and the scientific method, outside of that, science is just a faith

When will people learn to use the mind they are given appropriately

So again
Show me the evidence, not the suggestion assumption

How can you say. "All true science is based on empirical evidence and the scientific method" then say, "science is just a faith". That line is more contradictory then ISIS saying they are fighting for peace.

Science is empirical yes, meaning testable evidence that has been proved to be true. Real, world. It can be seen, felt, touched, heard, or smelt. Other way to put it,Empirical is Evidence.

So, at what point can evidence be deemed faith. A faith is by definition:"strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof."

So science is at no point a belief. Just like being an Atheist is not a belief. Both are deemed those that look for real testable evidence, not to throw ourselves at any old story with no evidence and rule our lives from it.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: loNeNLI

Read my comment to Raggedyman, just above ^. To help you see your own faults to. Yes, faults. I think a little more reading into real information is needed for both of you.
edit on 2-1-2017 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

How can you say. "All true science is based on empirical evidence and the scientific method" then say, "science is just a faith". That line is more contradictory then ISIS saying they are fighting for peace.

Try read what I wrote again and this time slowly
"All true science is based on empirical evidence and the scientific method
outside of that, science is just a faith"

So effectively I am saying "All true science is based on empirical evidence and the scientific method"
IF IT DOESNT HAVE empirical evidence and the scientific method to back it up
"science is just a faith"

I cant explain it simpler, surprised you dont understand

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

That's not really true
I just want empirical evidence not assumption that means I don't want my science to be based on faith
I am not even in the slightest bit angry at all, just happy to have a conversation and explain the stupidity of some peoples faith

I think you and a few others are angry because you can't use science to shut my argument down

We know that you are trolling us. Your argument has been shut down 1000 times over. You refuse to believe this fact, but your stubbornness in that position doesn't make it true.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

Try read what I wrote again and this time slowly
"All true science is based on empirical evidence and the scientific method
outside of that, science is just a faith"

So effectively I am saying "All true science is based on empirical evidence and the scientific method"
IF IT DOESNT HAVE empirical evidence and the scientific method to back it up
"science is just a faith"

I cant explain it simpler, surprised you dont understand

..what's your problem , constantly responding to this topic ?

- You but get horny for female apeframes, because of your impersonal cells in your ape body reacting upon eachother.

"science" never will tell you, WHAT EMPOWERS those horny cells of yours.
since they will have to declare, "by another realm".

Consequently :
you are Whor*ing upon your own presented 'logic'.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

That's not really true
I just want empirical evidence not assumption that means I don't want my science to be based on faith
I am not even in the slightest bit angry at all, just happy to have a conversation and explain the stupidity of some peoples faith

I think you and a few others are angry because you can't use science to shut my argument down

We know that you are trolling us. Your argument has been shut down 1000 times over. You refuse to believe this fact, but your stubbornness in that position doesn't make it true.

My argument will only be shut down barcs when the empirical evidence, that is filtered through the scientific method is offered by those who make the claims, you are just wrong

You are just following a pseudo science blindly like a religion
Call me a troll, you are just disingenuous about scienve or not studied in it

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Why must we assume that? In science assumptions are frowned upon and often found to be mistaken.

Huh....why are there so many discrepancies in the Bible itself? Or, have you not noticed?
You know "Raggedyman", you have shown repeatedly why people don't like Christians...or Christianity. You are a stellar example of that.
But, you go right ahead and keep it up. We're all watching.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join